[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest macte

I'm very satisfied with this ROM but i am having an issue.

Sometimes when i call to someone the ROM crashes. Or when i finish the the call it crashes.

It doesnt happens all teh time, only sometimes.

Thx!

Guest e.miron

Hi.

I noticed today a curious thing about the transfer speed from PC to Skate through USB cable. With the phone on, the transfer of a movie it's being done at about 2 mb/sec according to win7. But if I restart in recovery and mount the sd card and transfer the same movie, the transfer starts at about 30 mb and then slowly decreases until it is stable at about 4 mb/sec. What can be the explanation and can the operating system slow down the transfer?

Guest losiwww

You probably won't get an answer. As tilal is concentrating on cm10.

Why can't you install gapps? What happens?

hi! i have a same problem! after cm9 installation i reboot to recovery and go to install from sd card,and i tried gapps-ics-20120429-signed but it dosen`t work.... installation process has started but after a few seconde "installation aborted" and it also didn`t work with gapps-jb-20120719-cfx-stripped .

Guest razzmataz1478

A few things:

GAPPS definitely works. If it doesn't, then redownload it.

ICS means Ice Cream Sandwich, JB means jellybean, you cannot flash gapps from one version into another.

GAPPS cannot be included with the ROM. That is against an agreement between CyanogenMod, Steve Kondik, and Google. In theory, putting GAPPS in this ROM could cause a lawsuit from Google against CyanogenMod.

Guest ukgnome

Hi.

I noticed today a curious thing about the transfer speed from PC to Skate through USB cable. With the phone on, the transfer of a movie it's being done at about 2 mb/sec according to win7. But if I restart in recovery and mount the sd card and transfer the same movie, the transfer starts at about 30 mb and then slowly decreases until it is stable at about 4 mb/sec. What can be the explanation and can the operating system slow down the transfer?

I don't usually transfer big files over USB. But it is possible that your os throttles back the speed of transfer. I will try and replicate using and let you know.

Guest Redstarr1

It's probably related to the system partition size like ukgnome says. For the 28/06 build the system partition should be 210 mb (I got it on 200 mb but not everyone could). Alternatively you could get C3C0's latest build from goo.manager. That fits on 200 mb for sure.

Guest ukgnome

(I got it on 200 mb but not everyone could)

With a bit of fiddling mine is a comfortable 180mb, I reckon I could probably trim a bit more. But last time I was a bit too hack happy.

Edited by ukgnome

Guest losiwww

With a bit of fiddling my is a comfortable 180mb, I reckon I could probably trim a bit more. But last time I was a bit too hack happy.

after installing cm9 whitout GAPPs - my partition info:

system 168/220 MB

data 53.50/162 MB

cach 1.27/57.50 MB

sdcard(FAT) 174MB / 6.79 GB

data/sdext2 (EXT) unavalible

i think i have enough place ,but why is the EXT2 unavailable?

Guest Mtman1

Maybe coz it isn't mounted... it doesn't mount itself, apps do it (link2sd, a2sd, etc) or you don't have a second partition. I take it you haven't installed anything?

Edited by Mtman1

Guest losiwww

hi! i have founded the solution for my GAPPs installing problem!

i just used the goomaneger and downloaded the latest gapp and reboot to recovery and install from sd card and it`s works!!!! :)))))

thx

Guest ukgnome

Does YouTube crash in C3C0's build?

The latest version of YouTube crashes on wifi. If you search this thread there is a link to a previous version.

Guest oscar-mark

Well, I found out that you play with the green arrow too.

Downloaded videos are laggy in MX Player and sound disappear but streaming in mid-quality works fine.

Mp3 converter seems nice will try later.

Q: can I speed up my SD card with ROM toolbox, does it work?

Edited by oscar-mark

Guest omegavesko
Why this ROM will be discontinued ? Becuse of Jelly Bean ?

Tilal i have to say , i know you tried hard to fix the Youtube and Hardware Graphics Decoding , but don't give up

i say that becuse Jelly Bean is far to be an stable and maybe usable OS on our Skates , please update it if you could do it

Android 4.0.4 has it's potential to run smooth like-butter on the Skate , don't discountinue this please :)

It's not stable now, but soon enough it will be just as stable as ICS, thanks to lalit.

Besides, people said the exact same thing when CM9 was being ported, urging devs to stick to gingerbread ROMs.

Edited by omegavesko

Guest razzmataz1478

ICS will not and never has had the potential to be 'smooth as butter'. That's where Jelly Bean comes in. That's why Google made a few changes and called it 'Project Butter'. That's why there's no point in updating ICS. There's nothing to update, there's nothing to change. This is stable.

This is as good as ICS gets.

Guest oscar-mark
ICS will not and never has had the potential to be 'smooth as butter'. That's where Jelly Bean comes in. That's why Google made a few changes and called it 'Project Butter'. That's why there's no point in updating ICS. There's nothing to update, there's nothing to change. This is stable.

This is as good as ICS gets.

Except for YouTube :)

Guest Productivity

Has anyone tried to get gmail voice/video calling to work on our skates with coldfusion?

Other ICS phones seem to be able to do voice/video calls from the google talk app, but ours doesn't seem to have the option?

Also, the softkeys don't work very well. I find sometimes I have to push them 2-3 times before they respond. Each time the button animation plays but there is no action. Has anyone got a fix for this?