[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest dadashi

I was looking forward to the ICS rom but not now as i'm selling my skate for very cheap just so I can get a Galaxy S2, if anyone wants it please message me and I can sell it on Ebay to make it all legit, thanks.

Dont sell your skate for less than £100, you will get that at ebay...the SGS2 for £240 is bloody good...

Wasnt it Frankish who sold his SGS2 and bought a Skate not just for money reasons...apparently a few people have opted for the budget Skate instead 3 or 4x more expensive phones...there really isnt Sooo much difference to warrant 4x the expense...

Edited by dadashi

Guest Frankish

As a previous owner of sgs2 for a few months it really isn't worth paying for over a Skate unless

A. Its a free upgrade.

B. You play a lot of games.

I don't miss mine at all as I run cm7 on any device I own and there is barely a difference.

Guest wrtease

well its down to him ,i also dont have a omc any more.i have a sony xperia x10i and its fantastic 4 inch screen is perfect and can hold it better than the omc. its a very good mobile the omc. its something i can come back to if i dicide to have a change. arm v7 is not much better than the arm 6 but 1ghz cpu does help.anyway enough crap from me.you have changed from sg2 to omc so it s his choice.im happy with the x10i .also still got my osf so it stays for good.no way its going.

Edited by wrtease

Guest Frankish

Do you not find the X10 shocking at playing music? On cm7, miui and stock se 2.3 5 I got skips in my music playing. Using the phone or even ONLY listening to music. Even tried the apparent fixes with no luck, they improved it but didn't fix it.

X10 is a great phone otherwise I suppose!

Guest wrtease

well with flash tools you can clean the crap out of it and do all stuf like xrecovery ,root,install custom kernals and firmware to suit.even unlocked kernels and custom roms . i have it finely tuned now. music seems better with the cm7 rom ,have two different backups in recovery so currently using 2.3.3 gb .with 2.1.7 baseband nad flying at the moment. if i use the cm7 backup i can use the torch apk that is in the cm7 rom but cant use it on gb 2.3.3 .its okay otherwise everything is done in flash tools and xrecovery.

Dont sell your skate for less than £100, you will get that at ebay...the SGS2 for £240 is bloody good...

Wasnt it Frankish who sold his SGS2 and bought a Skate not just for money reasons...apparently a few people have opted for the budget Skate instead 3 or 4x more expensive phones...there really isnt Sooo much difference to warrant 4x the expense...

The more I think about selling my Skate the more I feel like i'm loosing something...it is tempting and I was going to sell for under £100, anyway...the SG2 came about so I that's the reason behind it, I won't be selling my Skate until I get the SG2 anyway and I can always sell the SG2 for more and save the money for a better future upgrade, I wanted the Huawei Honor first but not too sure on that one.

I guess all I want the SG2 for is because of its speed and better processor but I don't really need it right now, the only downsize of the SG2 is its ugly look (just my opinion), whereas my Skate looks brand new with no scratches whatsoever on the screen.

No I vote for he holds it until he has mobile network and data working. For the few of us who would appreciate it there are tons of people who will post nonsense about bugs listed already.

Indeed, I agree.

We would be having people complain about not being able to play DeadSpace properly(no multi-touch)...

I don't miss mine at all as I run cm7 on any device I own and there is barely a difference.

I second that :)

@Lalit: Don't mess up your ROM's fingerprint or else many Market apps won't be available for our device ;)

Edited by D3abL3

Guest Frankish

Read the thread you crazy fool it's only 5 pages long and this is from the last page... laugh.gifcool.gif

"it will work on phones with SD cards, just not galaxy nexus etc, which doesnt have an SD"

Read the thread you crazy fool it's only 5 pages long and this is from the last page... laugh.gifcool.gif

"it will work on phones with SD cards, just not galaxy nexus etc, which doesnt have an SD"

Think I need a trip to specsavers :lol:

Kinda lazy too,as I only read first post ;)

Edited by Guest

The more I think about selling my Skate the more I feel like i'm loosing something...it is tempting and I was going to sell for under £100, anyway...the SG2 came about so I that's the reason behind it, I won't be selling my Skate until I get the SG2 anyway and I can always sell the SG2 for more and save the money for a better future upgrade, I wanted the Huawei Honor first but not too sure on that one.

I guess all I want the SG2 for is because of its speed and better processor but I don't really need it right now, the only downsize of the SG2 is its ugly look (just my opinion), whereas my Skate looks brand new with no scratches whatsoever on the screen.

htc edge, its is going to be quad core tegra 3... not sure on the price though

Lalit can I ask for a list of working and not working stuff on ICS? :)

Wuld be nice to keep us noticed about the development you're making.

P.S.: USB Host comes with ICS right?

Highly doubt anyrthing less than 550 - 600 for a HTC like that

yep i agree, tega 3 is best in tablets i think...

can remember seeing a demo of tega 3 on a tablet a while back running a version of a xbox 360/PC game

Edited by tillaz

Guest tilal6991

Lalit can I ask for a list of working and not working stuff on ICS? :)

Wuld be nice to keep us noticed about the development you're making.

P.S.: USB Host comes with ICS right?

Sure.

Working:

Bluetooth

WiFi

Touchscreen (single point)

Untested:

Hardware acceleration

Not working:

Anything else you can think of.

yep i agree, tega 3 is best in tablets i think...

can remember seeing a demo of tega 3 on a tablet a while back running a version of a xbox 360/PC game

That is a alot to spend on phone :) however...considering the price the specification its worth it if you use it for its capabilities, otherwise its no pointless spending that kind of money, its got a 4.7" screen, 1.5GHz Quad core.

Tilal...one question, will your rom be biased more towards ICS or more towards Cyanogenmod? I have decided to keep a hold of my Skate for a little while yet :) ...really like the look of ICS so far, especially in this video and if someone can please let me know the wallpaper in the video that would be great

Thanks.

Tilal...one question, will your rom be biased more towards ICS or more towards Cyanogenmod? I have decided to keep a hold of my Skate for a little while yet :) ...really like the look of ICS so far, especially in this video and if someone can please let me know the wallpaper in the video that would be great

Thanks.

Looks like one of the stock android wallpapers,froyo I think.

Guest tilal6991

Thanks.

Well its so early that they are both essentially the same. Cyanogenmod just has some source side stuff which makes it easier to compile for me.

Well its so early that they are both essentially the same. Cyanogenmod just has some source side stuff which makes it easier to compile for me.

I personally think icecream with a sprinkle of cyanogen would be much better than stock ICS.

Just as CM7 is better than stock gingerbread.Others may disagree,but there is my two cents worth.

So if its easier to compile from cm source,then that sound good to me.

Also if you compile from cm,would that mean you could easily add cm9 features if you choose too ?

Edited by Guest