[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest tilal6991

Hey men just read your first post. Is it a beta? Could you pls post a proper log of what is available and what doesn't work?

Wait. This IS ICE CREAM SANDWICH. Not a rom themed like it.

Will post s full log soon.

Guest PedroVader

Couldn't wait to try, really looks the part, but.....

Its very laggy, installed gapps, rebooted and setup wizard crashed so couldn't test further, will have another go later though.

Tilal, what version of gapps should I be using? Tried this one gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip but that's the one I use for CM7.

OK... Tested it. Looks like still a lot of work to be done :) Resposivness is quite poor. It's all laggy, screen transitions work strange - mostly you have to touch the screen to refresh the contents, etc. etc.

Overall speed terrible.But these are the issues tilal probobaly knows of.

Anyway, nice progress - I didn't hope I will be able to boot ICS on my Skate this year. But I did, thanx to tilal's effort. Looking forward to upcoming improved releases :)

Edited by C3C0

Guest PedroVader

Ok then, just spent an hour with it.

Overall its quite impressive for an alpha build, I used the gapps I found through Google - gapps-ics-20111128-blade.zip - seems ok.

Wifi wouldn't play for me at all, but I'm sure that'll come soon enough, couldn't install any other apk's as there is no sign of a file manager, unless I'm doing something wrong.

With animations turned off, its actually quite nippy, so all in all its a tempting first taste of ice cream.

Well done tilal, I'll be watching this with great interest!

Guest victormun

Looks great! I wasn't able to get to the Developer options (due to massive reboots haha) but it was very nice to have this tast of ICS. Good job, tilal.

Guest PedroVader

Exited by this rom now!

Me too, I've used adb to push over a few apps, and a vCard with all my contacts, just to get a fuller picture of this rom, even managed to restore a couple of apps with data too!!

This rom is so good (for an alpha) that I may just have to keep it on regardless, just for bragging rights biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Nice!!!