[ROM] : de-branded ROM for Huawei U8510/Blaze/Ideos X3 [gingerbread]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404

Currently very much a work in-progress custom ROM for the Huawei U8510/Blaze/Ideos X3 device.

All the Vendor Branding has been removed, and any applications modified by Huawei has been replaced with the AOSP versions. The aim is to revert the device to as close to AOSP as possible.

The Stock rom has very little customization, but what there was had to go...

This ROM is based on the Huawei Blaze U8510-1V100R001C364B856 ROM shipped the current UK device

[ROM] : de-branded ROM for Huawei U8510/Blaze/Ideos X3 [gingerbread]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest xncvbnbv

Great work!

Exactly what I was looking for...the only problem I have I cannot download or install apps also opening apks from sd ist not possible and there is a typo in the recovery image when formatting /splash the t is missing...error :-(

he he he

i bricked my yesterday bought Huawei U8350 with this rom))

not for Huawei U8350

i have red and blue line on green background with loop rebooting

combo for flashing mode is "red button"+volume up+power"

I reflashed to kenia 2.2.2

Edited by hedzin

Guest Sebastian404

he he he

i bricked my yesterday bought Huawei U8350 with this rom))

not for Huawei U8350

It is for the 8510, there is a slight typeo in topic title.. tho I cant seem to edit it

Guest Sebastian404

Great work!

Exactly what I was looking for...the only problem I have I cannot download or install apps also opening apks from sd ist not possible and there is a typo in the recovery image when formatting /splash the t is missing...error :-(

erm, there is not a t in splash.... is there?

good to see you here Seb404!

this is probably the best budget Android handset in the UK right now, as it's £70 from Phones4U (£50 if you have a suitable SIM for "upgrade") and basically the same as a Galaxy Ace.

Hoping to see more ROM support!

http://www.hotukdeals.com/visit?m=1664&q=1085202

Edited by Smiff2

Guest Sebastian404

can you please fix the problem with the installation of apps?

been looking into this, it seems to be a bug with the deodexing script I wrote, its somehow managed to roll two apks into 1, and as a side effect the intent for opening APKS has gone missing...

r1 of this rom will be upcoming later today

Guest xncvbnbv

erm, there is not a t in splash.... is there?

oops typo... i mean l not t :)

it says /spash when trying to format /splash in cwm

been looking into this, it seems to be a bug with the deodexing script I wrote, its somehow managed to roll two apks into 1, and as a side effect the intent for opening APKS has gone missing...

r1 of this rom will be upcoming later today

Great news!

Thank you for your effort and let me know if you need help with debugging!

I really like having a clean and simple rom close to aosp like yours...keep it up!

BTW I'm running your rom on an U8510-1 Ideos X3 which has also been a bargain on the German market :)

just received my Blaze. surprisingly clean rom already on there, not sure whether to bother this time!

couple of Qs please:

does this give root? (i'm not sure i want to give this user root access)

how many core non-AOSP parts are replaced? e.g. the dialler? i would like them to have AOSP stuff generally i find it easier to use.

perhaps a list of which apks you changed if you can be bothered please? :)

thanks, any thoughts welcome.

Edited by Smiff2

Guest Sebastian404

couple of Qs please:

does this give root? (i'm not sure i want to give this user root access)

how many core non-AOSP parts are replaced? e.g. the dialler? i would like them to have AOSP stuff generally i find it easier to use.

Yes it will give you root.

The details of what has changed is in the linked post, its not fully AOSP, but all of the 'junk' that carriers pack in are gone.

looks good, can someone remind me how to root this phone from stock please as I don't have a Windows PC and want to install with Recovery Manager?

or a linux version of fastboot - can i use the same fasboot i used for Blade?

thanks

Edited by Smiff2

Guest xncvbnbv

looks good, can someone remind me how to root this phone from stock please as I don't have a Windows PC and want to install with Recovery Manager?

or a linux version of fastboot - can i use the same fasboot i used for Blade?

thanks

I used this guide running Windows XP in VirtualBox on Ubuntu 11.10 - works great!

http://translate.goo...-entfernen.html

Afterwards you can update easily to Sebastian404's RecoveryImage and CustomRom.

I used this guide running Windows XP in VirtualBox on Ubuntu 11.10 - works great!

http://translate.goo...-entfernen.html

Afterwards you can update easily to Sebastian404's RecoveryImage and CustomRom.

thanks i have a VM but never got USB working.. there must be a linux version of fastboot that doens't need drivers, this is a linux phone eh :)

or any universal app for rooting 2.3+ ?

Edited by Smiff2

Guest xncvbnbv

thanks i have a VM but never got USB working.. there must be a linux version of fastboot that doens't need drivers, this is a linux phone eh :)

or any universal app for rooting 2.3+ ?

USB in VirtualBox is actually not that difficult. You need to install the ExtensionPack from https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads to enable USB support. Then connect your phone and tick the USB device (your phone) in VirtualBox's top menu.

it is that difficult if it doesn't work. i'm sure there's a linux version of fastboot, just not sure if i can use the one i have (downloaded for Blade i think) on the Blaze?

Guest xncvbnbv

it is that difficult if it doesn't work. i'm sure there's a linux version of fastboot, just not sure if i can use the one i have (downloaded for Blade i think) on the Blaze?

Remember you need to add your linux user to the "vboxusers" group in order to get USB working on a virtual machine.

Otherwise you can try linux fastboot from here: http://koushikdutta.blurryfox.com/G1/fastboot-linux-i386.zip

But we are getting off-topic now...

Guest yadabwoy

Im having an issue with it when I power my phone down if it has the charger plugged in it will automatically boot into cwm also I have tried to flash my stock rom back and the backup I made before flashing this rom and just cant get rid of the green droid on startup as I would like to go back to stock , thanks