Android 4.0.x on ZTE Racer

Guest LordCrash

Guest LordCrash

ICS on Racer

File deleted because no sense in it, we will wait more than a normal assembly for blade, or who may decide to collect from the source.

For the time being we can discuss their ideas and news, if that appears more or less worthy, let me know, I secured in the first message, that would not create a new topic.

Edited by LordCrash

Guest LordCrash

could you give screenshots or a link for screenshots

I can not make a screenshot, as one of the problems - it does not work yet USB flash drive, if the current is on camera ...

Guest Racerboy

guys this is not a completely finished ROM as yet, some work needs to be done LordCrash has kindly uploaded the main ported ROM which does boot with vamshi kernal and deadlinks too...........if anybody would like to help in correcting any problems or identifying problems please feel free to post with feedback

OK, reporting back :)

I flashed it successfully with deadlink's #186 GEN1 kernel.

Here's a pic:

FiSXN.jpg

The first thing I noticed is that the touchscreen is working as a pointer/cursor, but nevertheless, touchscreen works.

Also the other thing I noticed that does work is vibration.

Also, the whole UI feels really smooth, there is no lag.

Things that don't work: RIL (Phone,3G,Data,SMS...), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, SDCard, Sound.

Also, many thing such as the dialer, keyboard, settings, locksreen will need resizing, as they don't fit the screen.

LordCrash Thank you for bringing this excellent port, now I'm sure ICS will work perfectly on the Racer very soon :)

EDIT: I got logcat working, if you need anything just ask.

Edited by Krste

Guest equiliym

press on the circle and its fine

when i press the circle nothing happens, i have to tap all around it for it to go white and do something

edit: nvm

inb4 touch_to_keys make softkeys work, i added it here

this cursor circle thing is really annoying

Edited by equiliym

Guest plegdroid

OK, reporting back :)

I flashed it successfully with deadlink's #186 GEN1 kernel.

Here's a pic:

FiSXN.jpg

The first thing I noticed is that the touchscreen is working as a pointer/cursor, but nevertheless, touchscreen works.

Also the other thing I noticed that does work is vibration.

Also, the whole UI feels really smooth, there is no lag.

Things that don't work: RIL (Phone,3G,Data,SMS...), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, SDCard, Sound.

Also, many thing such as the dialer, keyboard, settings, locksreen will need resizing, as they don't fit the screen.

LordCrash Thank you for bringing this excellent port, now I'm sure ICS will work perfectly on the Racer very soon :)

do you know what kernel this comes with please ?:)

I doesn't come with any kernel, I took deadlink's kernel from another ROM, renamed to boot.img and put it to the update.zip.

Guest equiliym

without kernel, will boot with vamshi/deadlink

ok so far, i have no signal, didnt try call, with touch_to_key softkeys seems to respond and only button that works is back, red/green button doesnt work but glow and cursor is rather annoying when scrolling left/right D:

Guest plegdroid

I doesn't come with any kernel, I took deadlink's kernel from another ROM, renamed to boot.img and put it to the update.zip.

thank you:D, take it, I can just flash as normal and without leaving cwm flash vamshri kernel then boot?

Guest Racerboy

thank you:D, take it, I can just flash as normal and without leaving cwm flash vamshri kernel then boot?

should be ok, if not just place the boot.img file in the root of the isc.zip

Guest equiliym

im really confused with this, i noticed this is a htc hero port, there are hero libs and other files that should be replaced with racer files and also if possible, a lower res, proper qvga should be more recommended but anything is fine atm i guess

ill try doing stuff to make anything work here and also next week my system and vm should be reinstalled and up for some aosp stuff :)

Guest equiliym

ok checked build.prop, set dencity to 120, now my screen brightnes doesnt work but everything else is fine, speaker doesnt work when playing mp3 from sdcard >.<

fixed sdcard mount on phone, edit /system/etc/vold.fstab

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.1/mmc_host/mmc0

i hope someone besides me is actually doing something to get anything to work on this and will benefit from my replies..

Guest plegdroid

ok checked build.prop, set dencity to 120, now my screen brightnes doesnt work but everything else is fine, speaker doesnt work when playing mp3 from sdcard >.<

fixed sdcard mount on phone, edit /system/etc/vold.fstab

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.1/mmc_host/mmc0

i hope someone besides me is actually doing something to get anything to work on this and will benefit from my replies..

if I could I would , but your ninja master to my wax on wax off. just way beyond my capabilitys...:)

Guest equiliym

if I could I would , but your ninja master to my wax on wax off. just way beyond my capabilitys...:)

lol dont worry :P im trying my best tho, i might actually get something to work atleast :D