Android 4.0.x on ZTE Racer

Guest LordCrash

Guest Racerboy

ok checked build.prop, set dencity to 120, now my screen brightnes doesnt work but everything else is fine, speaker doesnt work when playing mp3 from sdcard >.<

fixed sdcard mount on phone, edit /system/etc/vold.fstab

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.1/mmc_host/mmc0

i hope someone besides me is actually doing something to get anything to work on this and will benefit from my replies..

nice work, i`ll be on a mission tomorrow morning onwards to get other stuff working :)

Guest Racerboy

Can the files for camera and other stuff,copied from 2.3.7 or its needs to be remaked ? :)

you can try, some files will possibly need to remade or ammended......if you get something working plz post back

Guest wicky feat

GoodMorning guys,

I 've tried to edit some files(with winrar and updated) and on reboot mobile repeatedly showing the bootanimation and doesn't load home screen.

I 've got more free time now. I can try doing some stuff.

Racerboy and equillium please guide me further on this.

What needs to be changed after editing apk's or jar's. Do i need to edit manifest also?

Where to change the resolution to make it fit for our racer?

Please help me get through this, i can learn fast. waiting for reply from you guys

Guest equiliym

nice work, i`ll be on a mission tomorrow morning onwards to get other stuff working :)

thanks.. i think i also changed vold bin to make it notify on statusbar about sdcard mounting, that in the vold.fstab is the default racer mounting point..

im not really sure what i changed before i made ics rom stuck to green android lol but i added touch_to_key that made softkeys respond and some libs to make menu button work, i think it was related to deadlink kernel but i really cant say..

also added/changed few libs, not sure which of them made rom stuck lol

oh just for the record, in build.prop, change values to these

rild.libpath=/system/lib/libril-qc-1.so

wifi.interface=wlan0

ro.sf.lcd_density=120

also, yeah, in /system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf, wifi interface should be wlan0, default for racer
ctrl_interface=wlan0

im not really sure what are the htc libs and stuff, i think some files should be removed but then again, i still dont have an aosp download/build so i cant tell, all i have is the sdk img and that isnt helping much.. might not even reinstall my system, ill just let it download more and try and build other apks needed like mms and stuff for common usage

oh and wicky, for resolution, just change this density in build.prop to 120

Edited by equiliym

Guest Racerboy

@equiliym

thx i`ll incorperate those changes into rom at my end, i`m trying to get the sounds working, 1st by trying cm7 libs and see how we go, but it will long process to find which actually work and ya the htc libs may hinder us until we get a fresh clean build from aosp going........in the mean time keep going at it and post new details which i will too

we could do with a ldpi version of framework-res.apk once we get most things working but we can manage for now :)

Guest equiliym

we could do with a ldpi version of framework-res.apk once we get most things working but we can manage for now :)

there is no need i guess, when i saw default density was 140, made me lol a little, default is 120 and with 120 everything is perfect sized :D guess htc hero has a bigger/smaller screen or something

i can say deadlinks kernel and libs (libcm.so and libril-qc-1.so) make both back and menu softkeys without vibration work instead of just back with vibration from touch_to_key.. ill check and edit his haptic sh to make vibration work for now, i find it in need for me for easier control p;

will have to check it with vamshi kernel since i find it hard to control circle cursor thingy with deadlinks kernel p;

Edited by equiliym

Guest Vlatko25

there is no need i guess, when i saw default density was 140, made me lol a little, default is 120 and with 120 everything is perfect sized :D guess htc hero has a bigger/smaller screen or something

i can say deadlinks kernel and libs (libcm.so and libril-qc-1.so) make both back and menu softkeys without vibration work instead of just back with vibration from touch_to_key.. ill check and edit his haptic sh to make vibration work for now, i find it in need for me for easier control p;

will have to check it with vamshi kernel since i find it hard to control circle cursor thingy with deadlinks kernel p;

guys this is very interesting if you can make it work:D support

Guest wicky feat

@equiliym

I have changed the density to 120 but stucks there.

Please tell me what i need to change after editing apk's and jar's.

what all changes are to be made to work for our racer?

Guest Racerboy

vamshi kernal works fine with touch_to_key.......back functions work with vibration but the cursor is a pain in the backside

Guest Racerboy

@equiliym

I have changed the density to 120 but stucks there.

what all changes are to be made to work for our racer?

have you put a kernal in the rom as there was none included

Guest equiliym

what did you edit 0o

@Racerboy yeah i know but to me, only back button works, with deadlinks kernel both back and menu button works, i find it odd.. and yeah that cursor thing is gods fury lol

Guest wicky feat

have you put a kernal in the rom as there was none included

Yes, i put a kernel. It loads till bootanimation and doesn't get into system main screen. (bootanimation repeats)

Guest Racerboy

Yes, i put a kernel. It loads till bootanimation and doesn't get into system main screen. (bootanimation repeats)

it should boot even without any changes, try again with clean rom without changing anything, just add boot.img.......full wipe.........should boot, then you can change things in the build.prop file

Guest wicky feat

In general if we want to make an app from other mobile run on our racer, what all need to be changed( like resizing an app interface which overlaps with other things to make perfect fit to racer)? i hope you understand what i am asking about/

Guest Racerboy

In general if we want to make an app from other mobile run on our racer, what all need to be changed( like resizing an app interface which overlaps with other things to make perfect fit to racer)? i hope you understand what i am asking about/

i think the main priority at the moment is to get it functioning as much as possible, then we can swap/change/ammend apps..........

Guest equiliym

i think audio problems are in /etc with all those audio filters in csv format, all of them says Hero_HTC_numbers D:

also libs lol

Edited by equiliym

Guest Racerboy

can someone make a full rom and upload it please?? and is it possible to brick your racer if u upload bad rom?? my dad would kill me if that happens -_-

this is work in progress and is not fully working at all........help if you wish by using the changes already posted in here

Guest wicky feat

i think the main priority at the moment is to get it functioning as much as possible, then we can swap/change/ammend apps..........

Yes, i got you. But everything (apps, keyboard, etc) are bigger. so i am asking what need to change to make fit for racer.

Guest Racerboy

Can someone upload rom thats actualy flashable with correct boot.img thanks

there would no point as yet, no network, no sound, still need to sort them out 1st if possible