Android 4.0.x on ZTE Racer

Guest LordCrash

Guest kman12041

I wouldn't myther at the moment let those compiling do what they need to do when complete it will get posted anyway,and please don't take this as me having a dig, just better to give them space:)

Yh i no sorry

Thing is i realy want to see how it looks like

sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Guest equiliym

:P i have to take a rest from this, my head will explode.. im working next 2 days tho so i wont be active that much but ill check the forums in the evening..

here's a pic, installed a flip clock and menu button working lol

post-840416-0-34566500-1321895195_thumb.

Guest equiliym

edit: never mind, i managed to map softkeys, buttons now work via touch_to_key :P

now just to make that damned cursor go away lol

Edited by equiliym

Guest FezzFest

Hacked the crap out of this ICS build but haven't got WiFi working (yet! laugh.gif)

So far, modifications on the original build include:

* Boot: use deadlink's kernel

* Density: modify build.prop

* Buttons: use touch_to_key

@equiliym: what did you do to get home & menu button working?

Edited by FezzFest

Guest equiliym

Hacked the crap out of this ICS build but haven't got WiFi working (yet! laugh.gif)

So far, modifications on the original build include:

* Boot: use deadlink's kernel

* Density: modify build.prop

* Buttons: use touch_to_key

@equiliym: what did you do to get home & menu button working?

lol i know what you mean, i chaned so many files and configs and i cant get bt to work :D

i made a keylayout map for racer that works with touch_to_key, all buttons working now.. now the only problem left is to fix is the cursor >.> i tried various msm_touchscreen layouts but none worked.. still messing with it.. will post a zip later, i also added mms and camera app even tho camera FC's but it all needs to be recompiled since it includes all gui's mdpi hdpi xhdpi etc.. also root explorer, superuser and updated su binary to make it rooted so i could use adb :P

Guest equiliym

ok here is the zip of the small changes i did so far, i added ro.build.display.id=zte_racer_4.0.1.20111121.205641 as a build number, my personal thing of keeping track of what i changed etc..

just for the record, this isnt a flashable zip nor a rom, unzip on pc and see whats inside.. i added as noted already rootexplorer, superuser, mms, camera, added some bins and stuff, i didnt include libs for now since they didnt really do much atm..

circle cursor thingy is still in the rom, i think its the .idc issue, if anyone knows anything about it, do note here

zte_racer_4.0.1.20111121.205641.zip

Guest kman12041

Im not much of a epert at these things but the wifi folder in 257 rom is not in ics rom so maybye someone could copy it or edit so that wifi could work.

Just a suggestion.

Its meant to be in system folder of rom but is not

Hope what i mentioned helped.

Guest FezzFest

Figured out how WiFi in Android works and what needs to be done for it to work in ICS. There's a library called libhardware_legacy.so that points to /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko for the WiFi module. Now, because our WiFi drivers are in /system/wifi/ we either have to edit libhardware_legacy.so so it points to /system/wifi/ar6000.ko, or recompile the kernel so the modules are at the same location as the HTC Hero modules.

I'm not a kernel developer (in fact I'm not even a developer) but with the recently released sources I might give compiling Android (for the first time!) a try. *Theoretically* this will create a new libhardware_legacy.so that can be used in this ROM for WiFi.

Im not much of a epert at these things but the wifi folder in 257 rom is not in ics rom so maybye someone could copy it or edit so that wifi could work.

Just a suggestion.

Its meant to be in system folder of rom but is not

Hope what i mentioned helped.

After half a day of copying random modules/libraries/scripts I figured out that's not the only thing that needs to be changed. laugh.gif

Edited by FezzFest

Guest equiliym

This is the tip of the iceberg, my head hurts dry.gif ...........................must eat

i just ate.. but not enough :( stupid dog ate my bread >.>

@FezzFest i think ar6000.ko is for tether only.. but yeah, it would be possible to edit libhardware_legacy.so and it would be easier then to paddle the kernel :P ill leave the pc re-download aosp tomorrow while at work, hope it wont break or something p;

Guest Nemanja007

About the ring/pointer thing - I don't know how, but someone has fixed it for LG LG540.

http://aosp.mikegapi....pl/?page_id=14

Well Racerboy and equiliym

http://hotfile.com/d...pinski.zip.html

Could just extract this rom and see what they done with touchscreen,iam a newb but i will give a try its a 167 mb more than 70mb larger so its a verry fixed rom :D

Guest Racerboy

Well Racerboy and equiliym

http://hotfile.com/d...pinski.zip.html

Could just extract this rom and see what they done with touchscreen,iam a newb but i will give a try its a 167 mb more than 70mb larger so its a verry fixed rom :D

thx for the share, i`ll check it out as its the same chipset as our phone

EDIT: it contains system.img...boot.img (for the swift) and a user-debug rom,hense the larger size

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Nemanja007

thx for the share, i`ll check it out as its the same chipset as our phone

EDIT: it contains system.img...boot.img (for the swift) and a user-debug rom,hense the larger size

Yes i see.Going to school cya later, i got network working ^^ posting a reply as i return bb.

Guest massacre^

when i install with cwm it shows cannot open /sdcard/ics.zip {bad} installation aborted

i am complete newbie to this...can someone tell me where to paste the files of kernel? when i paste all files of kernel it tries to replace some files should i accept and allow it to replace or deny?? please help i m doing this for first time :(

edit : did it alright phone finally booted :D

Edited by massacre^

Guest equiliym

About the ring/pointer thing - I don't know how, but someone has fixed it for LG LG540.

http://aosp.mikegapi....pl/?page_id=14

yes, mike and pebe did note the following

We haven'y got right .idc file for touchscreen. I was modified one file and push it

meaning we need the correct idc racer config.. maybe deadlink or even t0mm13b knows something about it since deadlink is meddling with touchscreen and t0mm13b did the cmw touch mod so maybe we should ask them? also t0mm13b should already have some stuff modded for blade that would even benefit for us racers :P

edit: libinput.so < must port touchscreen driver from racer i guess if not using the correct (or even if using correct) idc config

i also found this on xda but until i redownload everything i cant really tell.. would be nice if someone else helped :)

Edited by equiliym

Guest Racerboy

yes, mike and pebe did note the following

meaning we need the correct idc racer config.. maybe deadlink or even t0mm13b knows something about it since deadlink is meddling with touchscreen and t0mm13b did the cmw touch mod so maybe we should ask them? also t0mm13b should already have some stuff modded for blade that would even benefit for us racers :P

would be nice if someone else helped :)

the amount that needs porting or ammending is a lot (like a mine field) and is becoming out of my capabilities to do.......i wish i could help more with you on this... if i can help in somes things i will..... and yes we should maybe wait until blade devs come out with a fully working ICS rom which then would be ALOT easier to port to the Racer.......

Edited by Racerboy

Guest equiliym

well it kind of sucks doing it all on my own :( well, i guess ill still do some work about this, i dont plan to release things unless i actually fix something lol but i think peeps from blade forum will have more luck than me here :(

and we will probably still need to recompile the kernel for ics and thats not my job :D

Guest Vlatko25

the amount that needs porting or ammending is a lot (like a mine field) and is becoming out of my capabilities to do.......i wish i could help more with you on this... if i can help in somes things i will..... and yes we should maybe wait until blade devs come out with a fully working ICS rom which then would be ALOT easier to port to the Racer.......

RacerBoy is right,i am not developer but it will be more easier to port from working blade ics mod,we can wait untill we have working ics 4.0.x

till now i am really satisfied with 257# RacerBoy rom,i am using some time and is really good for me:D

Guest equiliym

well, not everythng can be solved by waiting, its easier to port, yes but we will still need racer configs and files for it to work on our phone and someone will have to write those too