Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ManOfSteal

HBOOT looking for "pb99diag.zip" - why?

3 posts in this topic

Am in the process of switching to the LeeDroid v3.0.8.2. ROM and getting random reboots, followed by boot looping. I was hoping to update the radio version to see if that resolved the problem, but Hboot spends ages searching the SD card for pb99diag.zip before the recovery option is available.

I understand it does that when looking for a stock update, but why is it suddenly doing it now?

Edited by ManOfSteal

Am in the process of switching to the LeeDroid v3.0.8.2. ROM and getting random reboots, followed by boot looping. I was hoping to update the radio version to see if that resolved the problem, but Hboot spends ages searching the SD card for pb99diag.zip before the recovery option is available.

I understand it does that when looking for a stock update, but why is it suddenly doing it now?

Having searched around, it appears it normally checks for this file, but doesn't normally take 10-15 mins, which it does in my case. Some suggest a problem with the SD card, I reformatted mine and no errors are apparent, yet it still does it. I'm using a 16GB card (FAT32 primary, 750MB ext3).

Just in case it helps someone else, I came to the conclusion it may've been because I used an oldish version of GPart, and (perhaps crucially) resized the partitions after formatting. Maybe a glitch or known bug with resizing in that old version, I've no other explanation. I reformatted with the latest version and there's not been a repetition of this.