kernel 2.6.32

Guest pier11

Guest destruct0r

i think this time i manage to install it...with cwm 2.5.0.7 no error message and wifi is working... how can i be sure Droidwall(Iptables rules) is in the rom...?

Droidwall is application - firewall.

Guest desalesouche

Droidwall is application - firewall.

ok.i don't see it...does it means it is not installed? or do i have to download and use that app ? before flashing it was not possible to use it?

Guest desalesouche

Download it from market

ok.i understand... :) you port the possibility to have firewall for our device...you're strong... ;)

2 questions= what would be the best setting for droidwall...first time i use it... ^_^ ?

.. do you have possibility to port ext3/4 with kernell 2.6.32-9 ?

Guest desalesouche

Hi all!

There is fixed version of kernel 2.6.32-9. In previous version Wifi was dead - after turning it on phone reboots.

Features:

Droidwall(Iptables rules) now works.

Wifi no more dead

!Still in testing!

Mini-HOWTO:

Unpack attached file in c:\; Boot your phone in bootloader mode (Turn off, then press red button+volume down+power on at the same time - keep it pressing by 2-3 seconds), connect your phone to PC with USB cable, install drivers for fastboot, cd c:\fastboot_version, execute flash.bat - new boot.img flashed and phone will reboot.

That's all.

Please, send me feedback about testing. Thanks

Can't upload to forum :( here is link for fastboot version hxxp://www.mediafire.com/?fyh4ynlgi654dq6

Here is the link to recovery version(2.5.0.4, not tested on other versions) - hxxp://www.mediafire.com/?9u3joa1eu3bl3zt

hi destructor...i am testing this on um840 rom everything is working fine except one thing... by example no frills set at 528 with interactive x governors with apply on boot...when i reboot i have a message like that from no frills cpu=values not applied unclean shutdown, values not applied.....

Guest destruct0r

Hi Desalesouche!

1st question: I am doesn't using droidwall. Guys from 4pda.ru asked to me add suppurt iptables in this kernel. My recomendation - if you has cheap or unlimited Internet - you do not need this app

2nd question: It's doesn't work?? If it is, then PM me - i am do not use ext3/ext4 - what meaning on it?

3rd question: What so small freq? Try to squeeze more from your device - by example 600. !!It's no recomendation!! If you damage yours phone, don't write to me ;). With Onyx ROM my cpu works on 245-710 without problems. As solution, recomends you in NofrillsCPU settings turn off emergency stop(something like that - my native language is Russian)

Forever with community. Thanks to all

Guest desalesouche

Hi Desalesouche!

1st question: I am doesn't using droidwall. Guys from 4pda.ru asked to me add suppurt iptables in this kernel. My recomendation - if you has cheap or unlimited Internet - you do not need this app

2nd question: It's doesn't work?? If it is, then PM me - i am do not use ext3/ext4 - what meaning on it?

3rd question: What so small freq? Try to squeeze more from your device - by example 600. !!It's no recomendation!! If you damage yours phone, don't write to me ;). With Onyx ROM my cpu works on 245-710 without problems. As solution, recomends you in NofrillsCPU settings turn off emergency stop(something like that - my native language is Russian)

Forever with community. Thanks to all

hi destructor...1/i just use home connection...so i think i don't need it...

2/i think it is working as app droid wall is working....

3/i can go to 729 with no problem about frequency....i know that some people can't go so high with frequency. so if they boot your image to phone .phone would freeze or make boot after boot...i think.

4/about ext3/4 i read somewhere in first page of kernell 32 topic that ext3/4 were enable...so i was wondering if it is ok to set sd with ext3 or4.

does um840 with kernell32 support ext3/4? same question with cm7.2from pier11 or onyx from twrock...but in first page of topic cm7.2 it is said that it doesn't support ext3/4...so i am a little lost...

Edited by desalesouche

4/about ext3/4 i read somewhere in first page of kernell 32 topic that ext3/4 were enable...so i was wondering if it is ok to set sd with ext3 or4.

does um840 with kernell32 support ext3/4? same question with cm7.2from pier11 or onyx from twrock...but in first page of topic cm7.2 it is said that it doesn't support ext3/4...so i am a little lost...

As I saw in DTa2sd, ext3/4 reported as working, but the thing is that the clockwork mod that we are using and it's working without issues won't support it (I might be wrong).

I think that clockworkmod 3+ supports ext3/4 for apps.

Just to share the way i found to flash the kernel from Destructor:

- copy the boot.img to sdcard

- in Terminal Emulator on the phone, use the command "flash_image boot /sdcard/boot.img"

It works with Onyx.

I have a problem that i think it´s with 2.9.32 kernel.

When i have wifi enable and i move with my phone to another place where i have another wifi router, my phone won't change to this router, wifi crash and i have to make a reboot so it will not drain my battery. I use wifi sleep policy with option "Never". If i turn off wifi in one place, than i change to another place with another router and i turn wifi on i do not have this problem. If i use the wifi sleep policy "when scree turns off" this problem don't happen too.

It seems that when wifi connect with one router it will not change to another router unless the wifi will be turned off.

I did try with and without kernel update from Destructor.

This is not a CM7 problem, with CM7 kernel 2.9.29 this problem is not happening.

If someone with this problem find a solution, please let me know. I will do more tests, i didn't try with Styx neither with Stock Froyo (in this one i miss cyanogen features, the power control widget from cyanogen is great)

Guest jafp

I confirm, in Styx (CM6 2.6.32 kernel) i have the same problem, it looks that in this kernel the wifi is not at 100%.

Guest smethrony

Linux kernel new version 2.6.32 comes with so many features and functionality. It runs more faster than old version and it offers 3D facility, KSM and Radeon graphics card those are used to decrease memory during the running machine.

• 1 month later...
Guest cbs_ghost

The random rebooting may comes from the CPU overclocking, even using SetCPU to set the clock. I had experienced that so I compiled a new kernel without 729600 and 748800 frequency. The problem seem to be solved. However I can not get the camera to work. Can someone help me? :(

(I'm using Styx rom.)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest desalesouche

how to compile module for our kernel 2.6.32.9

here are the change provided by bledchOse to be able to compile the frandom module for my kernel. and little how to

1---> https://github.com/p...shable-boot.img

2---> https://github.com/d...el_huawei_u8220

make the change in kernel before to build it ( change are in green)

3---> https://github.com/d...4235bdda7a87b5b

4---> Originally Posted by Blechd0se

" change CONFIG_FRANDOM=y to CONFIG_FRANDOM=m, it make you a nice and shiny *.ko file.

And if you already compiled your kernel its inside the kernel, no need to compile another module which does exactly the same and you can instead push your kernel to your device "

5 build the kernel and or module and finish to follow explanation of link 1...

you will find the frandom .ko under drivers/char/frandom/ where your kernel is located...

Edited by desalesouche