Did I get a developer device?

Guest Celeborn81

Guest Celeborn81

Just got my GN delivered from clove.co.uk and I noticed under Settings -> Developer options, there's a "Development device ID" that I haven't seen before. USB Debugging and Stay Awake was also checked by default.

Does this mean that I got a dev device or is it information that's always been available on my other devices, just not made available the same way?

Guest kevwright

Just got my GN delivered from clove.co.uk and I noticed under Settings -> Developer options, there's a "Development device ID" that I haven't seen before. USB Debugging and Stay Awake was also checked by default.

Does this mean that I got a dev device or is it information that's always been available on my other devices, just not made available the same way?

Prob not, I got one on mine supplied by O2

Kev

Yes and No :P

The Galaxy Nexus IS a developer device, but you didn't get any special engineering hardware or software, the developement device id is just the id that it identifies itself as in the Android Debug Bridge (used for developement)

Guest Celeborn81

Yes and No :P

The Galaxy Nexus IS a developer device, but you didn't get any special engineering hardware or software, the developement device id is just the id that it identifies itself as in the Android Debug Bridge (used for developement)

Yeah I understand that, had a Nexus One before this, just never saw that line of information before :)

Ah well, thanks for the quick replies!

Yeah I understand that, had a Nexus One before this, just never saw that line of information before :)

Ah well, thanks for the quick replies!

Yeah looks like they've updated the developer portion of the device pretty significantly.