• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Maybe cooperate and start to port .36 kernel?

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello my friends! Maybe we should cooperate and try to port .36 kernel to our device? I think if we bring it we would increase our chances to get CM9 faster. I suggest to use su880 as main source, cause it's LG, it's tegra 2 and some drivers are the same... What do you think?

Posted

Hello my friends! Maybe we should cooperate and try to port .36 kernel to our device? I think if we bring it we would increase our chances to get CM9 faster. I suggest to use su880 as main source, cause it's LG, it's tegra 2 and some drivers are the same... What do you think?

I've been looking a little at this and would gladly help a little some times, unfortunately my time currently (and for the foreseeable future) is extremely limited when it comes to hobby hacking-projects.

Relevant thoughts:

Take a look at the reference platform "Whistler" in the nvidia sources, it seems (according to my research) to share some hardware with the o2x (power management stuff at least). Also pinmux and clock stuff can be extracted with a patched .32 kernel with this module from ejtagle . I have extracted those files and attempted to start a .39 port (based on nvidia references .39 is cleaner than .36 so it seemed easier at the time). Unfortunately I never got anything to boot and kind of ran out of time so I canned the project. Debugging a non-booting kernel without special tools is not really possible I'm afraid, and working in the blind is not exactly rewarding (since you never know if you've fixed something or broken something :P).

I can push my (extremely basic) work to some github or bitbucket if you think that might help you get going.

Good initiative!

Posted

Something I mentioned to RC:

@RussUnderhill I've looked at it some time ago. The hardware configuration (both the chips and the wiring) is different. Needs a lot of work

— RC (@CM_arcee)

November 23, 2011

Posted

thanks theguv! ok, i'll try to in my free time.

Posted

This would be great. Was a long time since I've built my own kernel, so I don't think that I'll be able to help out as much.

Posted

checked both kernels from sources and i must say - it is possible...maybe without some drivers working for the first time, but it is possible..

Posted

Yess, goood news :lol: