[DEV] AOSP Dev for Zte Blade

Guest t0mm13b

Guest furrabbit.nh

I have made a flashable zip with all changes so far, so it is booting and screen and touchscreen are working. If you want, and if the creator of the thread agrees, I could upload it for anyone who wants to test it. I have 20 Mb upload speed so it shouldn't take more than a minute.

ive already got it made and uploaded, just waiting for the permission to post links

Guest Racerboy

sry but just tell me the download link for d working rom

its been clearly stated that there isnt a fully working ICS rom as more work is needed which is gonna take time, if you follow the posts from the 1st page you`ll find links for the basic download then you make the changes to the rom yourself that are found in the thread to get to where the guys are at......

I got little brother of blade (racer) and works fine now with the changes implemented here, just no network as yet

KEEP THE GOOD WORK UP

Guest furrabbit.nh

its been clearly stated that there isnt a fully working ICS rom as more work is needed which is gonna take time, if you follow the posts from the 1st page you`ll find links for the basic download then you make the changes to the rom yourself that are found in the thread to get to where the guys are at......

I got little brother of blade (racer) and works fine now with the changes implemented here, just no network as yet

KEEP THE GOOD WORK UP

Hows it run on the racer? and did you get the com.android.phone process error too?

Guest Racerboy

Hows it run on the racer? and did you get the com.android.phone process error too?

it runs quite well surprisingly.......yes i got that error to, but replacing framework-res from the latest hero port has corrected that but get the annoying virtual keys that cut off the bottom of the screen.... when i installed the 1st ported hero ROM i had full screen with no errors but no network and no sound

Edited by Racerboy

Guest furrabbit.nh

Help yourself. And stop talking to people who are doing useful work as though they are your slaves.

+100 i dont get it every thing needed to make this rom boot is in the last 3-4 pages of the thread....

Guest furrabbit.nh

yes i got that error to, but replacing framework-res from the latest hero port has corrected that but get the annoying virtual keys that cut off the bottom of the screen.... when i installed the 1st ported hero ROM i had full screen with no errors but no network and no sound

i also used the hero framework_res.apk strange that when i boot the hero port on my blade there are no soft keys see screenshots few pages back, but when i use the framework in t0mm13b's aosp image short keys are there, they must be loated elsewhere other than framework...

when i installed the 1st ported hero ROM i had full screen with no errors but no network and no sound

Do you have sound on the racer with latest hero build?

Edited by furrabbit.nh

Guest KonstaT

i also used the hero framework_res.apk strange that when i boot the hero port on my blade there are no soft keys see screenshots few pages back, but when i use the framework in t0mm13b's aosp image short keys are there, they must be loated elsewhere other than framework...

I think that the softkeys are in SystemUI.apk. Paul O'Brien already made a patch for Galaxy Nexus to move those buttons around.

Nice progress is being made here. :) I'm building it now with the latest changes, let's see how that goes...

Edit. grr.. got half through the compile before I remembered that I was supposed to fix the flipped screen. :P Now I still have to use the patched libsurfaceflinger with my build. At least now it comes out of the build with working screen and touchscreen. Less after build modification is needed. com.android.phone still force-closes. Removing suggested mobile_dun networkAttribute from framework overlays didn't fix it.

Edit2. Flipped screen fixed, it worked exactly like you said t0mm13b. :) I removed Phone.apk completely after the build and now I've actually had some time play with this. It's so much fun. :D Will look into if I can make some sense in this com.android.phone force-closing.

@t0mm13b

Are planning on putting some of this code to your github? I know that there is a lot of stuff that needs to patched in the ICS source, but just putting blade device and vendor trees could help a lot for some people just to get started. There is already some useful stuff in CyanogenMod ics branch and most of the other needed patches are already in other peoples githubs. And you also have that good building guide in the first post.

I'm also still trying to figure out what that mis-behaving line in drivers/input/keyboard/synaptics_i2c_rmi.c was? I commented out all the input_mt_sync(ts->input_dev);'s but touchscreen still doesn't work with my self built kernel. Thanks again. :)

Edited by KonstaT

Guest davidnintendo

I'm testing the ROM and so far, it is great! It is remarkable what you people got in such a short period of time! I would like to be able to help you, but I don't know anything about software development other than Fortran :D

For what I've seen in other devices with Ardeno 200 ICS ports, they all are having problems similar to ours when they try to use hardware acceleration. Also, I found something weird on my Blade. Some lines in the screen aren't completely straight. They go up a pixel and then down again. I have attached a screenshot for you to see it. Look at the white line at the botton between the dock and the rest of the screen. It's also visible in the all apps button. Surprisingly, it doesn't look like it happens in all the screen since both the Google search bar and the notification bar seem pretty straight.

post-885933-0-13783400-1322214265_thumb.

Edited by davidnintendo

laguna2763: I've reported your posts to a moderator and hope you get a warning. All necessary information is on the last pages, and this thread is NOT FOR NOOBS.

Guys like you slow down the development and turn developers away from this forum.

I'm moderator myself in a german forum, and there you'd be at least banned for a week for your behaviour.

Also, you will have no use of this build, it is not stable. It's just for developers to find the reason for the loads of major bugs.

Sorry for the offtopic.

Guest furrabbit.nh

I'm testing the ROM and so far, it is great! It is remarkable what you people got in such a short period of time! I would like to be able to help you, but I don't know anything about software development other than Fortran :D

For what I've seen in other devices with Ardeno 200 ICS ports, they all are having problems similar to ours when they try to use hardware acceleration. Also, I found something weird on my Blade. Some lines in the screen aren't completely straight. They go up a pixel and then down again. I have attached a screenshot for you to see it. Look at the white line at the botton between the dock and the rest of the screen. It's also visible in the all apps button. Surprisingly, it doesn't look like it happens in all the screen since both the Google search bar and the notification bar seem pretty straight.

Im looking at this now..

ive already got it made and uploaded, just waiting for the permission to post links

Please post the links and when you post please tell everyone what should be broken and what should work ok.

People will complain but you can say that they didn't read the issues about the rom. dry.gif

Thanks

Guest abenagiel

i've running it on my blade.. booting normally using all file on the previous pages..

this is my report :

sound not working

network not working

sdcard not working

some menu in setting getting FC

take a long time to wake when screen turn off

phone working but no sound

touchscreen is working but single touch

no soft button on my blade ^_^

i cant connect my blade to pc how can i take a screenshot ??

this is a huge step for blade.. keep up the good work..

Guest skywave

i've running it on my blade.. booting normally using all file on the previous pages..

this is my report :

sound not working

network not working

sdcard not working

some menu in setting getting FC

take a long time to wake when screen turn off

phone working but no sound

touchscreen is working but single touch

no soft button on my blade ^_^

i cant connect my blade to pc how can i take a screenshot ??

this is a huge step for blade.. keep up the good work..

Actually you can with ADB and the SDK (or some other application that can do that).

In addition i can report my home hard button isn't working but i do have the softkeys.

/edit Seems the home hard button works as a mouse button as it just select something (first icon topleft) in the app drawer.

fyi i changed the framework-res to the hero one.

Edited by skywave

Guest abenagiel

android screencast 0.4 will take sreenshots on pc :P

thanks.. my blade screen shown on my monitor ant it flipped..

but its ok.. using old school screenshot method (printscreen and paste it) :D

so am I right in thinking the phone force close error is something to do with the apnlist config file? if so why does changing the framework-res to hero one stop the error? the two arent even related are they??

Guest t0mm13b

Wow! just back online to see the thread jumped from 5 pages to 8 in a short space of time!

Well done to furrabit.nh(- please do post the links) and to others, tilal6991, fp30, konstat, hedgepigdaniel. :)

As for those who have been whining about "gimme gimme the linky" - politely leave this thread alone (am sorry to say it but was saddened to see this thread getting cluttered with those type of postings which is distracting from the main objective)

This thread was meant for sharing the experience so far and the roadblocks I encountered along the way in getting the build going for the Zte Blade.

And have to say this again, the ROM is not for everyday usage nor general consumption. If you want to go ahead and risk downtime as a result of unstable features such as ril etc, go ahead, I am not responsible for your downtime with your handset!

I will get a github repo set up shortly with a replicated directory structure of the ICS AOSP source (No not all 11Gb :D) just containing pertinent changes in only files I have modified.

And for other devs, please contribute and get our caffeine-junkie brains together to help out, if you have a powerful specc'd machine I'd be graciously delighted if you could recompile with the changes and distribute it here.

Until then, have phun :D

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest t0mm13b

That sounds familiar - its definitely to do with the overlays/libgralloc part....which does not compile with namespace clashes with those found in hardware/msm7k, oh and overlay is not used in ICS as far as I can see, there's no Overlay include header file in the frameworks/base/graphics (its there alright in GB!)

Guest t0mm13b

so am I right in thinking the phone force close error is something to do with the apnlist config file? if so why does changing the framework-res to hero one stop the error? the two arent even related are they??

Bingo! :D

Yeah, I don't dig changing framework-res to hero's port stops the error...

So can someone confirm and check with someone who has a ROM Dump of the Galaxy Nexus running ICS and see if the differences are there with CM7's own apnlist which is used here that could be causing that phone force close?

Guest t0mm13b

@t0mm13b

Are planning on putting some of this code to your github? I know that there is a lot of stuff that needs to patched in the ICS source, but just putting blade device and vendor trees could help a lot for some people just to get started. There is already some useful stuff in CyanogenMod ics branch and most of the other needed patches are already in other peoples githubs. And you also have that good building guide in the first post.

I intend to do that this afternoon :D Great you're making progress too!!! :D

I'm also still trying to figure out what that mis-behaving line in drivers/input/keyboard/synaptics_i2c_rmi.c was? I commented out all the input_mt_sync(ts->input_dev);'s but touchscreen still doesn't work with my self built kernel. Thanks again. :)

Uhmmm you're looking in the wrong spot, its in drivers/input/touchscreens/synaptics_i2c_rmi.c

There's about 4 or 5 of those, need to comment the lines that says it input_mt_sync(ts->input_dev) and be sure to copy the synaptics_i2c_rmi.idc into the ics's filesystem running, in /system/usr/idc

Guest furrabbit.nh

@t0mm13b

I wont post the links smile.gif

i wish i could recompile it but im in same situation as you, only got netbook until i get new cpu for my xps :(

Does anyone know if the hero version of ics was ported from another device, aosp, or sdk port?

Edited by furrabbit.nh