4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest marcuso

@Paul:

Now that IMM76I is out (that also fixes the singnal-loss in standby-issues on 4.0.4 ROMs - see here http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=28133)...

... how are chances that the upcoming version of MCR will be based on that ?

Just wondering if it might be worth waiting a while before flashing current version.

I am still on IR12 (which does not seem to have the issue as it is not "enough" of 4.0.4 to surface that problem :-)

Thx

Marcus

Guest Sn0warmy

I baked a ROM without the Google Search bar and I'm realizing I use it much more than I previously thought. In an attempt to avoid reflashing a whole new ROM I was hoping to get a zip file or .apk for just the Google Search bar. Is this possible?

Guest plisk3n

I baked a ROM without the Google Search bar and I'm realizing I use it much more than I previously thought. In an attempt to avoid reflashing a whole new ROM I was hoping to get a zip file or .apk for just the Google Search bar. Is this possible?

Easiest way is to install Nova Launcher, which, IMO is the best ICS launcher available. It's free. You can choose to have the "search" widget on or off.

Otherwise, I guess you can bake a new rom, and then extract "Launcher.apk" (or whatever it's called) and then "adb push" the file back to the phone. Yeah, a bit more involving, but that's one solution without the need to reflash.

Guest Sn0warmy

Easiest way is to install Nova Launcher, which, IMO is the best ICS launcher available. It's free. You can choose to have the "search" widget on or off.

Otherwise, I guess you can bake a new rom, and then extract "Launcher.apk" (or whatever it's called) and then "adb push" the file back to the phone. Yeah, a bit more involving, but that's one solution without the need to reflash.

Thanks for the reply. I suppose I will give Nova Launcher a shot.

EDIT: I installed and setup Nova Launcher and you were right. It solved my problem and I'm loving the features/snappiness of it. Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by Sn0warmy

Guest cassio
Future Updates - READ THIS!

By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).

so shut up you whiny......things

Guest FatherD

@Paul I am having a specific issue with high CPU usage by android.process.media, I have gone through every piece if advice I can find to no avail. One last thing is to remove everything from /mnt/sdcard but I find I can do nothing to delete the MoDaCo folder in Pictures!!

Help please, I have tried wipes, resets, other roms etc .. the last thing left is this folder with three .pngs - HELP!

May 1st update: issue solved in the only way to remove this error, which appears to be either a corrupt file or format issue on /mnt/sdcard - a complete rom overwrite with Google official 4.0.4 image, now rocking aokp with no media problems at all :-D

Edited by FatherD

Guest jmagee

I appreciate both of these points and that Paul is a very busy man. It is only because I had been speaking to him about the kitchen and system.ui Issues I was having before he went to the US that I mentioned it. I knew he was hoping to push an update this week although with the new release I'd imagine this is being worked in anyway. I fully expect Paul to stop updating this ROM in the future the unfortunate thing is that the MCR ROMs and extremely good and currently others I have tried just don't compare.

Guest Anthony Herr

Very strange, i've not had any other reports of that issue...?

P

I am having the same issue with 13, anyone find a fix for this yet? No problems with ir12 and yes full wipe and 4.0.4 radios.

Guest Anthony Herr

OK, did some more reading/research.

Paid to be an ad free member and did the kitchen for a cdma rom. Wiped all data and cache's, did a nandroid backup. Flashed rom and when I rebooted, the data connection on my phone would not restore. Just gray bars and no amount of rebooting/turning data on and off, etc. would restore my data. Anyone see this before?

I am restoring to my last nandroid backup to go back to stock rom now.

Sorry should have done multi-quote. Having the same issue with 13, any idea what is causing the problem?

Guest Anthony Herr

OK - so I have been having issues similar to what was posted a few weeks back. No Data after Ir13 install. I have done wipes (using both CW and SuperWipe) and no luck. I had not back up (i know... I Know) so i decided to try the pre-bake Paul has ready. And it worked, then when I try and go back to a baked version, any baked combo, I lose data again. I should be clear that I lose Cellular data - wifi continues to work just fine.

The only major difference that I see between my bake and the pre-baked is the Franco Kernel. I tried a prebake without and it didnt work either so any thoughts?

I had Franco in the Ir12 I was running without any issues.

Guest djmcnz

@Paul - links in notification emails are broken for me, have been for at least a few days (a week?).

I just get this, which goes nowhere:

The topic can be found here:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=&view=getnewpost

Missing the TopicID...

Edited by djmcnz

Guest djmcnz

OK - so I have been having issues similar to what was posted a few weeks back. No Data after Ir13 install. I have done wipes (using both CW and SuperWipe) and no luck. I had not back up (i know... I Know) so i decided to try the pre-bake Paul has ready. And it worked, then when I try and go back to a baked version, any baked combo, I lose data again. I should be clear that I lose Cellular data - wifi continues to work just fine.

The only major difference that I see between my bake and the pre-baked is the Franco Kernel. I tried a prebake without and it didnt work either so any thoughts?

I had Franco in the Ir12 I was running without any issues.

Do you get grey bars or no bars?

Grey bars do not represent no data, just no direct connection to Google... and that can be transient. Also, if I'm on WiFi behind a proxy I can't get blue on either network or wifi.

What does it say in About Phone | Status

It's important to distinguish between the various states because diagnosis would take different paths.

Guest Anthony Herr

Do you get grey bars or no bars?

Grey bars do not represent no data, just no direct connection to Google... and that can be transient. Also, if I'm on WiFi behind a proxy I can't get blue on either network or wifi.

What does it say in About Phone | Status

It's important to distinguish between the various states because diagnosis would take different paths.

No data, can get out to the web, to google, to anything. It said that mobile network state was not connected

Intersting thing is I tried a few more bakes and I found that removing the Cyanogen Mod APN list did the trick for my LTE. Now when wifi is on, there is access but grey bars, which is better than before.

Guest Sk1mble

Hi all. Just installed this today with the new radio baked into the ROM but it's still being reported is 19250XXKK6 in the About tab of the phone's settings.

I watched the installation and it definitely said at one point that it was writing the baseband image. Any ideas?

Guest MacAllan

Hi all. Just installed this today with the new radio baked into the ROM but it's still being reported is 19250XXKK6 in the About tab of the phone's settings.

I watched the installation and it definitely said at one point that it was writing the baseband image. Any ideas?

There is something wrong in the kitchen, try bake same ROM without radio and you will see that the ROM size is exact same.

Flash the new radio with CWM after ROM instead.

Guest djmcnz

@Paul - links in notification emails are broken for me, have been for at least a few days (a week?).

I just get this, which goes nowhere:

The topic can be found here:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=&view=getnewpost

Missing the TopicID...

@Paul - now fixed, thanks.

Guest jmagee

Paul is now busy with SIII review ,that's why he doesn't have time for Ir14, am I right? :(

Paul is now busy with SIII review ,that's why he doesn't have time for Ir14, am I right? :(

I hope not. I'm still hoping for a system.ui fix that he mentioned just before the US for the HTC thing. Maybe time to start looking around just incase. There should be some Android bits to update too.