4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Epedemic

Hmm. Baked this with a few mods (no oc/uv, more or less just standard config + standard softkeys..). First boot went fine, and all my apps got restored. I set up some stuff, and rebooted as i was not getting facebook sync. 2nd boot just hung on google screen, with no adb connection. Tried wiping cache/dalvik and doing fix permissions in recovery... Still nothing... Trying wipe now and will see what happens...

*edit* wipe didn't do anything... *sigh* flashing from scratch then...

Edited by Epedemic

Guest Darren.M

Confirmed kitchen issue I'll fix in the morning, you can fix by deleting FaceLock.apk in /system/app and renaming FaceLock.ap FaceLock.apk. ;)

P

Back one page is the temp fix

Paul already mentioned it one page back

Sorry and thanks, works well.

Guest wireagent

Ok, so after a reboot FBsync does somthing but not what it is supposed to do.

Having checekd to sync existing contacts only, puts all my facebook contacts into my phone contacts and still does not snc any pictures either. :(

Guest Darren.M

Hello,

I am coming from iR7 (pre).

Is there a wipe required in advance, or just apply the current rom in cwr modus?

Thanks

No wipe is required.

Ok, so after a reboot FBsync does somthing but not what it is supposed to do.

Having checekd to sync existing contacts only, puts all my facebook contacts into my phone contacts and still does not snc any pictures either. :(

Yeah this happens for me as well which is really annoying so I ended up not syncing with FB at all. I think others have the same problem also.

Applying which version of the patches? The original ITL41F ones or ICL53F or IML74K? I am guessing what you are saying is that different versions of the files I listed work cross-ROM-versions. I want the new AutoBrightness mods tho. I don't know how to find the version numbers from the unpacked IR8 ROM. I could do a MD5 comparison to a pure ASOP ROM but I don't know what Paul has edited in MCR.

This ROM has 4.0.3 auto brightness in already, lots more levels!

P

Guest duRin90

I got strange issue with (afaik) this particular kitchen. I cannot bake any ROM, while there's no problem with any other kitchen. Getting only text:

Sorry, this Online Kitchen is available to Premium members only
like I wouldn't have it but I have. I think.

Edit:

No longer valid. Can delete post. Thanks.

Edited by duRin90

Guest siedkins

This ROM has 4.0.3 auto brightness in already, lots more levels!

P

Yes - I saw your Twitter post!

Is /System/app/SystemUI.apk in pre-IR8 from v4.0.2 or 4.0.3? Or is it the same file?

Also Trackball Alert isn't working too well - it is only flashing white for all alerts and regardless of what colour you set.

Edited by siedkins

Guest wireagent

Yes - I saw your Twitter post!

Is /System/app/SystemUI.apk in pre-IR8 from v4.0.2 or 4.0.3? Or is it the same file?

Also Trackball Alert isn't working too well - it is only flashing white for all alerts and regardless of what colour you set.

Actually, it semms to be working for me. At least, when I get an SMS it flashes blue...

Guest siedkins

Actually, it semms to be working for me. At least, when I get an SMS it flashes blue...

What if you go into settings and then test? Try Gmail? Then try SMS and change from blue?

Guest wireagent

Testing them works alright aswell for all of them. Haven't changed the color yet.

Should mention, I am using the pro version though and did not chose to have the free one included in the kitchen.

Edited by wireagent

Guest siedkins

Testing them works alright aswell for all of them. Haven't changed the color yet.

Should mention, I am using the pro version though and did not chose to have the free one included in the kitchen.

I am using the free version. I will try LightFlow out too tomorrow. I used to use LightFlow when I was on CM7 so I will see how it works with MCR. I just wasn't sure if this was another potential bug to be ironed out given the new base to 4.0.2

Guest Drawde40599

everything working fast and smooth havent seen any issues , but maybe justbme but from swiching from portrait to.landscape seems little laggy ,? Maybe time for full wipe for me . Any1 else seeing this ?

Guest Drawde40599

What if you go into settings and then test? Try Gmail? Then try SMS and change from blue?

Im on todays update and My trackball alert working 100% normal ,all colors working for gmail , missed calls , sms mms .... test button working also . Hope that helps

I'm happy about your new release! Thanks a lot

but mhhh I was running the 4.0.3 AOSP Builds now and it's a bit hard to understand why your new Build isn't based on this.

Waiting for a new release, I don't want to go a step back :)

4.0.3 allready in pipeline?

Guest Paul Stephens

Hi Guys,

1st up, great rom Paul. I always look forward to flashing the latest release. I have flashed the pre lr8 and seem to have GPS locking issues. I have tried 2 other ASOP 4.0.3 build roms (kang and bigxie) and ALL have the same issue. GPS just will not lock. I use my phone for Sat nav and since 4.0.3 ASOP has been used to build custom roms the GPS just doesnt work.

has anyone else had this issue? can anyone else please test their GPS on this new build please and let me know.

I did a full wipe (data/ cache/ dalvik ) and installed your rom via CWM twice and still no GPS. I had to revert back to lr7 (4.0.1 rom) thank god for nadroid backups :)

hope to hear some feedback soon as its the only thing stopping me using this awesome rom.

Guest Darren.M

Noticing a bit of lag when using the soft keys (notably the back and recent apps buttons).

However I think this may be due to me using a non official version of Swype that may have some bugs.

Overall however it is a very nice build. Will always be sticking with MCR.