4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Luirawr

Hi All!,

ive updated my wonderful Nexus to the later ir8/ir9

without the 4.0.3 compatibility patch.

Experiencing a very odd bootloop whenever the cable is plugged in, no matter whether it is plugged into the mains charger or my laptop...

it will get past the sim lock but as soon as i try to get past the normal lock screen, it reboots!

Anybody else having this issue?

The menubutton mod broken.

I chose the "menu button on the right" option and that option only but it is active on both sides when hidden. :(

Did you bake in a battery percentage mod as well? This overrides the menu type selection.

Guest dmhardy

Did you bake in a battery percentage mod as well? This overrides the menu type selection.

I too have noticed issues with the menu mods.

Selecting no menu mods and no battery meter mods makes System UI to endlessly FC. I did the usual wipes but still no luck.

I ended up using 'menu button on right' and there were no more FC's. However I get a menu button on both sides.

I too have noticed issues with the menu mods.

Selecting no menu mods and no battery meter mods makes System UI to endlessly FC. I did the usual wipes but still no luck.

I ended up using 'menu button on right' and there were no more FC's. However I get a menu button on both sides.

Ahh then there must be glitches with the new build.. :(

Guest Zarch1972

Paul,

Have you considered putting Google "Currents" as an optional extra into the build?

The app is only available in the US unless you do a bit of VPN trickery pokery, but its a pretty nice news reader. Once installed, it doesn't check your geographical location and you can read all you want.

Paul,

Have you considered putting Google "Currents" as an optional extra into the build?

The app is only available in the US unless you do a bit of VPN trickery pokery, but its a pretty nice news reader. Once installed, it doesn't check your geographical location and you can read all you want.

Good idea, i'll add that.

My to do list:

• fix Trackball Alert
  • check UI mods
  • add a stock kernel to the 4.0.3 compatability pack

P

Guest siedkins

I had Widgetsoid float down my notifications this morning after flashing IR9-Dev, I will edit this post with a screenshot when it next happened. This was the first time that it had moved from the very top.

Paul - is there any chance of including any volume modifications in the kitchen also? I am currently using an app Volume+ but it would be good if increasing the volume could be in the ROM rather than as an app. I will see if I can find a ref from one of the ASOP ROMs where they have baked in Volume mods. I don't think it was effect that many users to increase the top level because it is much easier to make it quieter (slider down/silent mode) than to increase the top level when it is maxed out.

It's fine if I am the only user to is interested and I will keep on using the app but let me know what you think.

I had Widgetsoid float down my notifications this morning after flashing IR9-Dev, I will edit this post with a screenshot when it next happened. This was the first time that it had moved from the very top.

Paul - is there any chance of including any volume modifications in the kitchen also? I am currently using an app Volume+ but it would be good if increasing the volume could be in the ROM rather than as an app. I will see if I can find a ref from one of the ASOP ROMs where they have baked in Volume mods. I don't think it was effect that many users to increase the top level because it is much easier to make it quieter (slider down/silent mode) than to increase the top level when it is maxed out.

It's fine if I am the only user to is interested and I will keep on using the app but let me know what you think.

Yes, it's not flawless, but it's much better. :) It will normally only drop down briefly before going to the top again!

re: volume, let me know if you find a good bake-in-able solution...

P

Just copy using Root Explorer?

I'd personally recommend ADB, but root explorer should work too.

adb shell stop
adb remount
adb push framework.jar /system/framework/
adb reboot[/code]

P

The compatability pack option in the kitchen now has a 4.0.3 kernel installed as default, so if you select this option you shouldn't end up with a non booting device before you flash the 4.0.3 kernel of your choice. In addition, if you accidentally select a MCK and the compatability pack, the MCK option will be ignored to prevent you accidentally building a non booting image. Phew.

P

Guest StuMcBill

I'd personally recommend ADB, but root explorer should work too.

adb shell stop
adb remount
adb push framework.jar /system/framework/
adb reboot[/code]

P

Cool, just done it now and am rebooting.

Quick question, when I run adb, I get an error saying that I have a usb device and emulator connected and I have to use the -d switch to direct commands to the connected USB device.

Can I stop the emulator showing up in adb (shows up in adb devices too).

Cheers!

Stewart

Guest mr_bridger

Good idea, i'll add that.

My to do list:

• fix Trackball Alert
  • check UI mods
  • add a stock kernel to the 4.0.3 compatability pack

P

Hi Paul,

Are all three of these now fixed in the kitchen? i saw you have done the top and bottom ones, as i too have issue of selecting RH menu only but have it both sides.

Cheers

Ross.

Guest FatherD

SetCPU update: after reinstalling I can get the voltages lower without lockup, but nowhere near as low as with the last MCR build! Anyone have any ideas why?

Guest mark2410

ive just installed and i appear to have the odd trackball issue. its not entirely white but its certainly not the uniform different colours it was prior

Guest redmongoose

Hi Paul,

Are you able include Google wallet in the rom - or as a kitchen extra?

Each time I flash a new Ir rom I then have to re-flash googlewalletfix.zip, run fix permissions and then reboot.

I then need to go through the signup process again. (as I write this I am thinking why don't I just use my titanium backup - will try next time)

Thanks

Cool, just done it now and am rebooting.

Quick question, when I run adb, I get an error saying that I have a usb device and emulator connected and I have to use the -d switch to direct commands to the connected USB device.

Can I stop the emulator showing up in adb (shows up in adb devices too).

Cheers!

Stewart

That's not related to this build, you have something running somewhere!

P

Hi Paul,

Are all three of these now fixed in the kitchen? i saw you have done the top and bottom ones, as i too have issue of selecting RH menu only but have it both sides.

Cheers

Ross.

I haven't gone over the UI patches yet.

P

SetCPU update: after reinstalling I can get the voltages lower without lockup, but nowhere near as low as with the last MCR build! Anyone have any ideas why?

Are you on a different kernel than before?

P

Kitchen update.

P

Changelog

10 Jan 16:30 (Ir9-dev)

• Testing with franco kernel and other 4.0.3 kernels identified a GPS issue with the compatibility pack. This is now resolved.
  • Fixed Trackball Alert
  • Added Google Currents to the kitchen (user request) - don't forget you can get MoDaCo on Google Currents!