4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest taylormadearmy

Is it possible to tweak the loadtime of the multitask button? Feels like its a builtin delay atleast for the vibrate that comes after the press

I'm seeing the same issue - pretty sure the stock ROM also has this issue though. Seems to get worse after the phone has been running for a while - delay is minimal after a fresh boot.

Flashed IR10 very good battterie and performances.

Still two things not working : nfc (with 4.0.3 patch and franco's kernel) and, more annoying, missed call notifications in trackball alert (light) all other notifications work but not missed calls. I tried to disable it re-able it with no succes.

I also still get browser fc with search on page.

I can confirm the issue with the browser fc when typing something into search on page.

Guest taltalit

Hi,

I'm new here, so nice to meet you :)

It seems like the server of the rom's files is down (filesonic), and the files are disabled.

Can you please upload it to another file hosting server?

Thanks!

Sorry for maybe annoying you, but I've never got any answer to my questions or requests, I thought I would get a bit support here.. (Before I've asked I used the forum search tool)

I also donated 12€ to you, so I thought I get answers to my questions.. :/

Uploading to replacement server, watch this space!

P

Dump them on MegaUpload... ;)

At the rate these services have dropped over the last few days we'll have to exchange ROM's on USB sticks...

Usenet ftw.

Sorry for maybe annoying you, but I've never got any answer to my questions or requests, I thought I would get a bit support here.. (Before I've asked I used the forum search tool)

I also donated 12€ to you, so I thought I get answers to my questions.. :/

Issue 1: Known limitation, discussed often - need to use either 4.0.2 or wait for Google to release a 4.0.3 build

Issue 2: Reported issue, apparently being worked on, not sure of status.

Your questions are actually answered in the tread to some extent but it can be difficult reading it all. Paul of course has to read almost every post in every forum so we need to be realistic that we can't expect personal attention.

Does the search bug affect other browsers? If not perhaps you can use an alternative as a workaround for the time being?

Guest PaulOBrien

Sorry, sorting out a bunch of stuff atm!

The FC on search in browser is currently a known issue, all GN ROMs are EXT4.

P

Subtle Circle Charging Icons

EDIT: This is only for the circle icons Paul is using for MCR - see the screenshot - NOT the alternatives

I don't really think this justifies a new thread so I'll see what reaction (if any) I get here first.

I like the circle battery icons a bit but was slightly irritated by the bright white flashing of the - admittedly tiny - number/charge icon. So I modified the charge icons so that the circular level indicator blinks subtly rather than the central white bit. See below.

The effect is a far more subtle charging animation except for 1-10% (which are standard) because I like it like that.

Old on top, new on bottom:

SubtleCircleCharging.png

The attachment ONLY contains the changed icons - you'll need to replace the ones in your existing SystemUI.apk (/res/drawable-xhdpi/)

Battery_Circle_Subtle_Charging.zip

Edited by djmcnz

Guest mamoulian

Here's a general ICS fix... if you flash between ROMs and you find your home button doesn't work any more... do the following via ADB...

adb shell am start -a MAIN -n com.google.android.setupwizard/com.google.android.setupwizard.SetupWizardTestActivity

...complete the wizard and you'll be sorted. :)

P

Yup running the wizard fixes it, but when I reboot home is broken again! Is there a more permanent fix?

Running Ir10 from kitchen but the home button problem only just started thisevening, Ir10 was installed a few days ago.

I may (cough) have messed up settings.db so I deleted it, it's been recreated and seems OK.

Guest endhirn

Hi,

I have one question.

I have installed the last release with the custom MoDaCo Kernel, but now i want to try the MoDaCo Kernel with UV.

How can i change the kernel?

Rebake and flash it over the top

Hi,

I have one question.

I have installed the last release with the custom MoDaCo Kernel, but now i want to try the MoDaCo Kernel with UV.

How can i change the kernel?

Guest dan8e11

Hi Paul. would it be possible to add a long press search = voice to search to the kitchen? or could someone maybe provide me with a link to a zip. i've been searching for hours but can only find code for the mod, which is way over my head as a total noob with 1st android phone!

thanks

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi Paul. would it be possible to add a long press search = voice to search to the kitchen? or could someone maybe provide me with a link to a zip. i've been searching for hours but can only find code for the mod, which is way over my head as a total noob with 1st android phone!

thanks

Yeah, I'd like to add this, i'll look into what's required! :)

P

Guest Garner2012

Yeah, I'd like to add this, i'll look into what's required! :)

P

Could you also add long press back to kill like cyan n miui i love the feature and sure many do

Guest Aspergillus

I got epic battery life using this rom. Now 16 hours unplugged... 30 streaming with spotify over 3G...5 calls.. Some searches...some engadget reading ...and now modaco browsing ...all in all average use...

Pushing 2 gmail and an exchange account.tapatalk notifications and g+

And still on 70%

amazing...

Aspi

just wondering, can everyone send texts or is it just me not being able to send texts?

i haven't a clue why i can't send texts but i tried the built-in one and stuff like handscent sms and none of them work

also, fwiw, i also have the oc/uv not stable problem (which was stable in ir8) but i don't seem to have the nfc problem - at least some nfc's work for me.

Edited by cassio