4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Deathwish238

Try using Widgetsoid, works good for me :D

Cool, I'll try that out sometime. I already switched to GummyNex though. I'll check out MCR again in the future.

Guest lollo1927

Hi everyone,

just a question :

I've baked a ir12 ROM, installed it, and i want to delete the "Modaco" folder in /sdcard/Pictures, but RootExplorer keeps telling me 'delete failed'.

Terminal emulator says "Permission denied".

But the permissions are the same for all my files / folders within /sdcard/Pictures, and i have no problem except for this particular folder...

Does it have a sort of magic protection, allowing it to survive a rm command ?

With Root Explorer go in the directory Data/Media and delete the Pictures folder, you can delete them and you will also disappear in the directory sdcard...let me know...

Edited by lollo1927

Guest PaulOBrien

Just flashed a Kitchen Build and I have the "Widgetsoid Gap" in my Notification bar, just cosmetic I know, but thought I would point it out!

Stew

I removed that fix temporarily, it'll be back soon!

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Maybe it's just me being dense, but I can't see the option packs for the pre-bake ROMs. Where are they?

It's all in one file now! :)

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi Modaco

I was loving your ROMs up until yesterday, when my phone became stuck at the boot animation and would not proceed any further. After trying to flash many different ROMs and kernels, and unsuccessfully trying to restore from a nandroid, I eventually had to do a full wipe and return to stock which fixed the issue.

I then proceeded to reflash your ROM, which immediately caused the stuck at boot animation again.

So it would seem that it's your ROM that's causing the issue. I don't hold it against you, and I'd be more than happy to return to your ROM in the future, but for now I'll be trying something else.

http://pastebin.com/xLuce6et

http://pastebin.com/1eHtrj7f

The first link is a logcat from your ROM. No matter how long you leave it to run, it just loops the boot animation and keeps garbage collection. The second link is a logcat from AOKP Milestone 4. That seems to display a different pattern of failure, where it keeps repeating the same messages over and over again. Hopefully this will help you track down the error.

Thanks

-Nik

If it didn't boot with AOKP either, then that points to some sort of corruption on /data no?

P

Guest lollo1927

Alleluia!!

I've tried almost everything!!

This was driving me crazy!!

How did you figured it out?

It was something that drove me crazy, I spent about four hours to get there, but in the end, I won ...

Guest lollo1927

Guys, first impressions of IR12 with Franco Kernel M2: great job, the new overclocking seems to work better in the coming days I will be more precise...

Guest PaulOBrien

Hey Paul..will you be updating with franco.Kernel Milestone 2?

Yup, minor update tomorrow (again, just various app updates, new kernel etc.)

P

Guest lollo1927

P

I prefer to wait for a possible IR13 before formatting again two devices...

Guest miraclestone

P

Great thanks! Have one other issue - not sure if others are experiencing? When I try and update Google+ its giving me a "package not signed correctly" Uninstall previous copy.

Anyone else seeing this?

Guest lollo1927

All the updates from Ir11 onwards are non-wipe...

P

I know, but I'm mentally ill, and every time I install, I format the system, cache, dalvick cache and data and do it twice...to finish the work, I do not trust the backup...I'm really crazy...

Guest congrey

P

Hi Paul,

Any news about Name Display?

You said it is coming........

Edited by congrey

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi Paul,

Any news about Name Display?

You said it is coming........

Sorry, I haven't had time to look at it yet! It's on the list tho...

P

Guest mit78

how much time durring the install,i made it from update zip,recovery,and wait for couple minutes ,maybe ten minutes,and display,just make start flashes with coulours ,and nothing more.

Guest PaulOBrien

how much time durring the install,i made it from update zip,recovery,and wait for couple minutes ,maybe ten minutes,and display,just make start flashes with coulours ,and nothing more.

Did you wipe?

P

Guest voicelady

Hello,

I am new at this. Would you tell me the exact order when I flash the rom? Is it the same for every rom? I just don't want to break my phone, but I would really like to install this because of the facebook syncing capabilty. And are the 2 links below to be flashed the same exact way? Thank for the help:)

Edited by voicelady

Guest Puzzlegirl

Hello,

I am new at this. Would you tell me the exact order when I flash the rom? Is it the same for every rom? I just don't want to break my phone, but I would really like to install this because of the facebook syncing capabilty. And are the 2 links below to be flashed the same exact way? Thank for the help:)

Read the OP, where it says "Installation" followed by "To install this ROM". You flash one zip depending on whether you have a GSM or CDMA phone, or use the kitchen. It is all explained under "Installation".

Edited by Puzzlegirl

Guest lollo1927

Update CMContacts please

In fact, the only small bug is the FC dialer sometimes ... anyway, I love even more this rom ... Thanks Paul ...

Guest Mekerz

Hi Paul,

Was a Modaco Ad Free supporter back when I had a HTC Desire and I've just signed up again after reading great things about your 4.0.4 ROM. Must say, my first Galaxy Nexus bake has produced a very good user experience but, I can't seem to get Sky Go to work.

I've previously managed to get Sky Go to work, using the edited .apk posted by Gumbald on XDA when I was running stock 4.0.2 (ROM and Kernel) and hiding root access with SuperSU.

Using Ir12 and franco.kernel M2 and hiding root with SuperSU, I can use the edited Sky Go app and get no warning messages or errors, yet the app just says "Loading" when clicking on a channel. I'm pretty sure I checked "Use 4.0.2 finger print" too as I believe that's needed?

Can you or anyone else shed any light?

Many thanks

Mark

Guest CaspaTheGhost

Hi Paul,

Was a Modaco Ad Free supporter back when I had a HTC Desire and I've just signed up again after reading great things about your 4.0.4 ROM. Must say, my first Galaxy Nexus bake has produced a very good user experience but, I can't seem to get Sky Go to work.

I've previously managed to get Sky Go to work, using the edited .apk posted by Gumbald on XDA when I was running stock 4.0.2 (ROM and Kernel) and hiding root access with SuperSU.

Using Ir12 and franco.kernel M2 and hiding root with SuperSU, I can use the edited Sky Go app and get no warning messages or errors, yet the app just says "Loading" when clicking on a channel. I'm pretty sure I checked "Use 4.0.2 finger print" too as I believe that's needed?

Can you or anyone else shed any light?

Many thanks

Mark

Kernel is the issue as Sky Go only works on stock GN ones at the moment... I believe they have managed to get it working on the S2 using a new CF-Root kernel from Chainfire, it has been updated to include ro.secure=1 in the default.prop file that Sky checks as part of the root check...

Last time I checked they were still trying to figure out all the checks that the app performs so they can bypass them... Patiently waiting for a full fix to be found as I'd like to make use of the 70 odd quid I pay to Sky each month!

Edited by CaspaTheGhost

Just attempted to install the MaDaCo ROM, I noticed that we are now installing just one file for the prebake. After following the install instructions my phone will not boot past the loading animation with the color tiles rotating? Any one have this result? I hope my phone isn't toast. Prior to installing this ROM the phone was unlocked and rooted with the WugFresh Toolkit, I had ICS 4.0.4 running successfully. Any help would be much appreciated as my phone is useless at this point and I am new to the Android ROM scene.