4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Hey Paul,

Love your ROMS - Just wanted to know which radio you think is best for a GSM Galaxy Nexus on Tmobile in the US - I'm running the Franco stable kernel

I'm using XXKL1 here in the UK...

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Considering buying a membership and trying the kitchen. Here's why I haven't yet, can anyone help out on these:

• would definitely like the quad lockscreen, but dont see it as an option in the kitchen. how can I get that baked in? Can't seem to find an apk to try to bake/replace in kitchen. (latest ones have options for colors, custom wallpapers too)
  • would definitely like the notification toggles, but not sure if it's in there.... can anyone advise?
  • camera shutter speed like stock would be great, but it seems like this is just a negative we have to take with custom roms at the moment...

think that's it... ideas?

Shutter speed should be as good if not better than even stock 4.0.4 (which is the best to date!)...

P

Guest PaulOBrien

This is killing me, I had a previous version on my phone, I went through the instructions and the .zip file seemed to install, rebooted then the boot tile animation stays there for 15mins....

I pull the battery and do a restore old image, it boots into the OS stays there for a second on the home screen and then blacks out and reboots.

I can't use my phone atm, I tried buying a subscription and using a personalised rom but still the same issue.

Which ROM did you come from? If it was pre-Ir11, you need to wipe.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

anybody got problem using Facebook's check-in? Facebook will FC when I do that. so I'm not sure if it's a FB problem, or Modaco's firmware problem.

Also, I seems to have problem now adding new account in the account & sync setting. it'll just jump out of the add screen.

I can check in from Facebook with no issues.

P

Guest miraclestone

Hey there Paul..any further updates coming? Also, question re HTC One X...do you know if the North American version will be rootable? Is that even a word?

TIA

Guest Anthony Herr

You can check your radio in the "about phone" section of the settings. Search for your Basebandversion. It should be something like XXKL01 in it. You can select a basebandoption in the kitchen and flash it together with the from. I can't tell you witch baseband is included in the prbakes

OK - so I am running at basedband - I515.09 V.EK05 /I515.EK02

It's the CDMA/LTE version of the phone. Is that the most current, or should I use something fromt the kitchen?The only basebands that I seen in the kitchen are for GSM.

Edited by Anthony Herr

Guest PaulOBrien

Hey there Paul..any further updates coming? Also, question re HTC One X...do you know if the North American version will be rootable? Is that even a word?

TIA

Yes, i'll be updating as required. I'm running this as my daily driver and i'm happy with it, so no major updates probably until the next major release from Google!

Hey Paul, every time the contacts\dialer FC, ​​there are no updates on this...

Thanks

Contacts / Dialer FC? When? I don't see this?

OK - so I am running at basedband - I515.09 V.EK05 /I515.EK02

It's the CDMA/LTE version of the phone. Is that the most current, or should I use something fromt the kitchen?The only basebands that I seen in the kitchen are for GSM.

I'm not sure what the latest CMDA/LTE version is, you should flash the stock 4.0.4 update at least once to be sure you have the 4.0.4 basebands!

P

Guest Anthony Herr

Yes, i'll be updating as required. I'm running this as my daily driver and i'm happy with it, so no major updates probably until the next major release from Google!

Contacts / Dialer FC? When? I don't see this?

I'm not sure what the latest CMDA/LTE version is, you should flash the stock 4.0.4 update at least once to be sure you have the 4.0.4 basebands!

P

Is there a thread for flashing back to stock 4.0.4? Everything I see is stock 4.0.2... anyone know and can point a quiet newbie in that direction?

Guest lollo1927

My dialer mod every time FC with message the dialer not work properly wait send or close.

I have same problem with two device and this bug is the same in AOKP and Stock with Cyanogen Dialer Modo.

I think it's not rom bug but dialer with T9 bug...

Edited by lollo1927

Guest Novcaine88

I'm getting some odd issues with calls since ir12 update

Most of the time someone calls me and my screen is locked I cant answer the call. The phone rings and the notification light pulses but the screen is off with no way to answer the call.

Kind of frustrating. Any ideas? Is there any point to doing a full wipe and reinstall? I already did that coming form ir10.

Guest jmagee

With regards to updates then I'm still having the system.ui issues. Any advice greatly appreciated to resolve it. I keep trying different system buttons and still get the popup asking me to send debug information. It is starting to get very annoying when it happens 2/3 times in the space of 5 minutes. Normally during tweakdeck or messaging.

Guest Anthony Herr

Is there a thread for flashing back to stock 4.0.4? Everything I see is stock 4.0.2... anyone know and can point a quiet newbie in that direction?

Thanks all for the help.

In addition to the info I got here, I also got some help from these posts. They helped me get down to 4.0.2, apply the update to 4.0.4 with the new radios, and now I am flashed back to Ir 12.

http://www.redmondpie.com/install-flash-android-4.0.4-ics-imm30b-on-verizon-galaxy-nexus-how-to-tutorial/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=20477677

My radios are now the updated radios. They are I515.09 V.FA02 /I515.FA02

Guest Aiman Alorayed

How to I enable CM dialer?

I selected it when cooking the rom. But no idea how to enable it.

By default its there, noted in the T9 dialer. try pressing some numbers and you'll see it in action

Guest alanhsu

By default its there, noted in the T9 dialer. try pressing some numbers and you'll see it in action

I pressed some numbers, what am I suppose to see? people's name don't come up. Same as stock dialer.

This is my second bake so I am SURE I baked in the dialer option (however I didn't include the APN list).

Guest PaulOBrien

My dialer mod every time FC with message the dialer not work properly wait send or close.

I have same problem with two device and this bug is the same in AOKP and Stock with Cyanogen Dialer Modo.

I think it's not rom bug but dialer with T9 bug...

I wonder if you have a rogue contact name that is crashing it... do you have anything from logcat?

I bought the Ad free package but i can't use the kittchen :(

Fixed!

With regards to updates then I'm still having the system.ui issues. Any advice greatly appreciated to resolve it. I keep trying different system buttons and still get the popup asking me to send debug information. It is starting to get very annoying when it happens 2/3 times in the space of 5 minutes. Normally during tweakdeck or messaging.

I'm still re-doing SystemUI from scratch which will hopefully fix it, i'll be in touch!

I pressed some numbers, what am I suppose to see? people's name don't come up. Same as stock dialer.

This is my second bake so I am SURE I baked in the dialer option (however I didn't include the APN list).

Literally spelling a name in the dialer should bring up their entry.

P

Guest lollo1927

I wonder if you have a rogue contact name that is crashing it... do you have anything from logcat?

Fixed!

I'm still re-doing SystemUI from scratch which will hopefully fix it, i'll be in touch!

Literally spelling a name in the dialer should bring up their entry.

P

Thank you for your interest, unfortunately I haven't a logcat, but do not stop the contacts, but the dialer FC before calling a contact, and the strange thing is that it only happens every so often ...

Guest PhonePersona

How to I enable CM dialer?

I selected it when cooking the rom. But no idea how to enable it.

Go into Dialer settings and make sure it's enabled.

Guest Tyrellcorp

Problems!

On Sunday I flashed Ir12 (coming from Ir10).... once booted I had lost both my drag down menu and tray menu.

Re-flashed... same problem, tried to restore using clockwork but was given a checksum error!

So... wiped and re-flashed. It seemed to work fine for a day (made calls etc.) but today my phone kept rebooting time after time!

I have the GSM model, and chose the GSM options in the kitechen. Does anyone know what might be wrong?

I have just flashed someone else's ROM (based on 4.03) so I'll see how that goes. I noticed a couple of my regular apps said they weren't compatible with 4.04... could a rogue app be the issue?

Cheers

Guest Puzzlegirl

Problems!

On Sunday I flashed Ir12 (coming from Ir10).... once booted I had lost both my drag down menu and tray menu.

Re-flashed... same problem, tried to restore using clockwork but was given a checksum error!

So... wiped and re-flashed. It seemed to work fine for a day (made calls etc.) but today my phone kept rebooting time after time!

I have the GSM model, and chose the GSM options in the kitechen. Does anyone know what might be wrong?

I have just flashed someone else's ROM (based on 4.03) so I'll see how that goes. I noticed a couple of my regular apps said they weren't compatible with 4.04... could a rogue app be the issue?

Cheers

Sounds like you didn't completely wipe. You have to do a full wipe from Ir10.

Guest alanhsu

Go into Dialer settings and make sure it's enabled.

I checked all the dialer settings, I am not seeing any option to enable it.

By default, names don't come up as I spell them out using the dial pad.

I think the kitchen did not include cm9 dialer even though I selected it. Twice. I'll try the kitchen again.

Guest Tyrellcorp

Sounds like you didn't completely wipe. You have to do a full wipe from Ir10.

I did a full wipe! ... Just installed another ROM completely (after a full wipe), and about an hour later my phone rebooted :(

What on earth should I do now?

Strangely Nova Launcher is still on the phone even after a full wipe... I even tried a factory reset and its still there!! Can anyone help?

Is my phone broken?

Thanks