A quick theme question

Guest youngsta2010

Guest youngsta2010

Hey i'm trying to start learning to theme and have been messing with the uot kitchen, on the rom i have now swedish spring with frankish BluGingerbread theme when i touch a menu item it has a blue highlight when pressed i can't seem to find that in the uot also when i change the volume that is blue as well, does anyone know what file(s) i have to edit? I guess it's in framework-res.apk. Any help would be gratefully accepted. Thank you.

edit: Also can i just extract the apk's from the ROM zip before i flash it for use with UOT? Thanks a lot.

Edited by youngsta2010

Guest fallenangel32

Hey i'm trying to start learning to theme and have been messing with the uot kitchen, on the rom i have now swedish spring with frankish BluGingerbread theme when i touch a menu item it has a blue highlight when pressed i can't seem to find that in the uot also when i change the volume that is blue as well, does anyone know what file(s) i have to edit? I guess it's in framework-res.apk. Any help would be gratefully accepted. Thank you.

edit: Also can i just extract the apk's from the ROM zip before i flash it for use with UOT? Thanks a lot.

extract framework-res...under the res

you ll find buttons in blue color,change the color,with photoshop

and then open th framework-res with winrar and replace the files you ve changed and make a flasable zip to install again the framework-res.apk

i ll give you more details tomorow ;)

Guest youngsta2010

Thanks, i can do most things with the UOT but i would like to learn myself and that option i can't find. Would the files be btn_default_pressed.9.png and btn_default_selected.9.png and the rest of the btn files?

edit: I checked the theme i flashed i think i know what i have to change just one question tho these nine patch files, in the folder some of them are and some are not what should i do with those? Thanks for your help.

Edited by youngsta2010

Guest TheManicGibbon

Thanks, i can do most things with the UOT but i would like to learn myself and that option i can't find. Would the files be btn_default_pressed.9.png and btn_default_selected.9.png and the rest of the btn files?

edit: I checked the theme i flashed i think i know what i have to change just one question tho these nine patch files, in the folder some of them are and some are not what should i do with those? Thanks for your help.

Nine patch files or .9.PNG are special types of image used in Android that can be "stretched" depending on screen resolution. If you are replacing a nine patch, it is a good idea to replace it with another nine patch.

A quick and easy tutorial for making your own .9.PNGs from a normal PNG is available on the Android Developer site, assuming you have the Android SDK installed. If you don't then get it!

http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/tools/draw9patch.html

Hope this helps!

Guest youngsta2010

Thanks i have got the sdk installed from what i understand (which is not much) i need to put 1px dots on top and left side, and maybe a line underneath? I'm still reading.

Edited by youngsta2010

Guest TheManicGibbon

Thanks i have got the sdk installed from what i understand (which is not much) i need to put 1px dots on top and left side, and maybe a line underneath? I'm still reading.

Yeah that's basically it smile.gif