"T-Mobile Vivacity is a repainted OSF2"

Guest The Soup Thief

Guest unrandomsam

Cast iron guarantee it is an 800 MHz processor. Quadrant result puts it between the Samsung Galaxy S and the Moto Droid X with a score of 985!

Its not a fair test though because those devices are likely on eclair.

Guest todoleo

D'you know, when I first saw it it really reminded me of an Android iphone KIRF I saw a pic of about six months ago

todoleo said earlier that he had bought one and was gonna put a review up on his site - www.todoleo.com

Nothing there yet but I'll keep checking

It's all plastic... ;-)

Preview is up on my blog now! http://www.todoleo.com/2011/11/t-mobile-vivacity-aka-zte-blade-2.html

Guest The Soup Thief

Right, see how every successive android build seems seems smoother, quicker etc than the last? (eg my blade with gingerbread is much better than with Eclair)

Given also that ICS uses hardware acceleration it seems we're due some very good user experience on the blade and these quicker Crescent devices. After all the very smooth animation on the iphone range seems more due to software optimisation than processing muscle (3gs ran at 600mhz, like the blade, but was a much more pleasant UI).

My point, will ICS begin to remove the need for balls out processing power and breathe new life into these budget Androids?

Hope so!

This is a bit OT for this thread - just wondering what people reckon

Guest todoleo

Right, see how every successive android build seems seems smoother, quicker etc than the last? (eg my blade with gingerbread is much better than with Eclair)

Given also that ICS uses hardware acceleration it seems we're due some very good user experience on the blade and these quicker Crescent devices. After all the very smooth animation on the iphone range seems more due to software optimisation than processing muscle (3gs ran at 600mhz, like the blade, but was a much more pleasant UI).

My point, will ICS begin to remove the need for balls out processing power and breathe new life into these budget Androids?

Hope so!

This is a bit OT for this thread - just wondering what people reckon

I'm with you on this one! ICS hardware acceleration will let us get the most out of the Adreno GPU in the devices, but how will this affect the battery life?

Guest todoleo

My Contact at EE told me the Vivacity was a 'Shanzhai iPhone4', and my god he is right, it is identical shape and size to a real iphone 4, only slighty thicker.. and feels like its made out of tin...

It is so like the iPhone 4/4s I decided to start a game: Spot the T-Mobile Vivacity! http://www.todoleo.com/2011/11/spot-t-mobile-vivacity-game.html