Orange San Francisco II or T-Mobile Vivacity?

Guest Simon O

Vivacity is much sexier than the SFII. Not that I'll be buying either, neither of them are enough of an improvement over the blade ;)

It would be nice if they could keep the menu buttons in the same order though, I'm so used to Home / Menu / Back :(

Edited by Roph

Guest domenico lamberti

im in the market after my one year old blade decided not to work much anymore, like the fact it doesn't like to work when its cold, reboots a metric s*** tonne, blue ghosting filter over 99% of the screen. i was seriously looking at some Windows phones because i really liking the look, but then i saw the vivacity, and i know its basically the SFII, but its really pretty and i prefer capacitive buttons over physical ones,but from the side and back it looks like the samsung tocco icon, all in all i would buy the vivacity,it just looks nicer, though the headphones on the SFII are tempting,

a plus for both in my part is the front facing camera's, i wasnt after a much improved processor, i just wanted a phone with a FFC, and now i have the chance to get one, stupid student life with no money

Guest todoleo

im in the market after my one year old blade decided not to work much anymore, like the fact it doesn't like to work when its cold, reboots a metric s*** tonne, blue ghosting filter over 99% of the screen. i was seriously looking at some Windows phones because i really liking the look, but then i saw the vivacity, and i know its basically the SFII, but its really pretty and i prefer capacitive buttons over physical ones,but from the side and back it looks like the samsung tocco icon, all in all i would buy the vivacity,it just looks nicer, though the headphones on the SFII are tempting,

a plus for both in my part is the front facing camera's, i wasnt after a much improved processor, i just wanted a phone with a FFC, and now i have the chance to get one, stupid student life with no money

If you like Windows Phone 7 you can always use Launcher 7 on an Android device. I use the paid version, but there is a free one too: https://market.android.com/details?id=info.tikuwarez.launcher3&hl=en

If you have a T-Mo or Orange Sim card they give you a discount on the purchase of your new phone instore.

Guest todoleo

If those are touch sensitive buttons instead of the mechanical ones the Vivacity looks better.

xl_T-Mobile_Vivacity_3_624.jpg

Those are touch sensitive buttons. I personally prefer having 4 rather than the 3 on the Skate and/or Blade.

Guest Chris Banks

My only issue with the Vivacity is that its got that 'wanna be iphone look' with the flat black front and 'metal' sides.

Don't get me wrong, I think its a nice looking phone but it can come across as an imitation feel, if that makes sense.

The capacitive buttons are nice touch in this price range though.

T-mobile seem to do a lot of cheap iphone (and arguable the SGII) look-a-likes, like the Affinity and the Energy.

Its not worth the upgrade from the OSF for me personally, but if I was after a budget handset, like I was this time last year, I would probably choose the TMV.

Very.co.uk had it listed at £39.00 a few days back! Must have been a mix up, probably with the 3 payments option, and it got fixed quick, but now I cant seen see it on a search..

Edited by Chris Banks

Guest Russ_uk

Very.co.uk had it listed at £39.00 a few days back! Must have been a mix up, probably with the 3 payments option, and it got fixed quick, but now I cant seen see it on a search..

I was one of the lucky ones who managed to snap up a Vivacity from Very.co.uk for £39, infact i think i was the very last person to do so, as the second i complete the order, the product showed as 'Out of stock'.

Guess I'll have to see if they honor it (or not), but so far so good!

If not, I think I'm gonna be getting the SFII instead - Although I'll hold off my decision until a few complete reviews appear for both devices.

I'll update this forum as to whether or not the transaction completes.

Guest Chris Banks

I was one of the lucky ones who managed to snap up a Vivacity from Very.co.uk for £39, infact i think i was the very last person to do so, as the second i complete the order, the product showed as 'Out of stock'.

If not, I think I'm gonna be getting the SFII instead - Although I'll hold off my decision until a few complete reviews appear for both devices.

Lucky guy!

Was already listed as sold out when I saw it, gutted!

I guess the decision to honour it could depend how many were sold, I wish you luck!

Edited by Chris Banks

Guest MooMind

Oh well, I've seen TMV on very.co.uk for that price and thought it was some cheap iPhone knockoff, not SF2 equivalent (new to the game). Anyway, I think they're required by law to sell merchandise to you at advertised price, even if they messed it up badly, so argue if they come up with excuses ;)

Guest PedroVader

I'm getting SFII for Xmas for youngest, as his blade is looking a little tired, and I want the headphones laugh.gif, too loud in my house these days, so they'll block things out nicely.

Nice to see this one getting some interest, but I'm happy with my Skate, so probably won't mess with it too much, besides debranding.

Should help towards ICS porting though, given that it's pretty much a Skate inside.

Edited by PedroVader

Guest Chris Banks

Oh well, I've seen TMV on very.co.uk for that price and thought it was some cheap iPhone knockoff, not SF2 equivalent (new to the game). Anyway, I think they're required by law to sell merchandise to you at advertised price, even if they messed it up badly, so argue if they come up with excuses ;)

I'm afraid it's not the law for them to sell it you at the price displayed, unfortunately.

I believe retailers say it is an 'invitation' to buy the product at that price, however once money has passed hands it can be a different story as you have made a contract with the seller, but there is usually something in the T&C's that says they have the right to void the contract due to human error, or that the buyer should have realised that the product was under-priced.

(If the latter you could however argue that there was a lack of detail and information about the phone on their site resulting in you thinking it was similar to the T-Mobile Affinity.)

If you get the goods, and the payment been made, the contact has been completed and its yours for good, and there's nothing they can do.

EDIT: Sorry about getting a little off topic there, had the same issue in the past and thought I'd clear it up!

Edited by Chris Banks

Guest Atomix86

I imagine they won't honour it, as I purchased a BlackBerry Torch 9810 on there for £99 when it first came on the site after which they emailed me to say it was the incorrect price.

Guest Atomix86
It all depends on whether they took funds from your bank as to whether they can weasel out of it

Very use their own store credit system similar to other catalogue shops etc so its highly unlikely any money even changed hands yet.

Guest Russ_uk

Very use their own store credit system similar to other catalogue shops etc so its highly unlikely any money even changed hands yet.

Actually their own credit system is just an option, In my case i paid immediately with my VISA card and the money was deducted instantly from my bank.

I would of thought that since the price has changed to £119 on their site I would of been informed by now if there was a problem with my original order, of course this is just a presumption so only time will tell.

I'm still hoping for the best, but certainly not banking on it..

If 'Very' decide NOT to honor my transaction rest assured their CEO will be receiving a vicious letter in return - nothing ventured nothing gained ;)

Edited by Russ_uk

Hi,

Going to try a SanFran2 Wednesday as I like the look more and I see they both have a front Camera.

Have an Ulocked Monte (thanks to you Guys) but find it a bit of a handfull size wise.

Also, cant think why, but comparing the spec from both Providers the SF has slightly better Battery life than the V.

Carl