Unlocking San Fran 2

Guest downloader50

Guest project_tt

hi there project tt

thanks for that file mate right ok this is the problem i have i have done everything youve told me to do .....................so i got upto the bit where u reboot your phone into FTM mode however...

i cant get FTM mode booted in at all whatever method i try with batt in or out ......./ also i tried manually inputting into exvi 32 hex editor , and that doesnt seem to work either however i take it the script for the crescent is different to that of the monte carlo ??

can u understand why i cant get into ftm but it boots straight into clockwork recovery ??

appreciate all the help so far many thx ian. :rolleyes:

You should be able to do this in qpst even though all you see is clockwork

You may need to add a different com port to qpst

Do this with the qpst connection manager and your phone attached to your pc in clockwork mode

It's some other software you should have on your pc

When you click start / all programmes / qpst

There are loads of programmes here one configures ports

Am not at my pc at the mo so I can not be more specific

Once you got the port configured

Open qpst again browse for a port ..... It will be the one you have added

Then you should be able to continue

Hi Guys, Trying to unlock my SF2, following the tutorial from this thread but failed several times now.

I get as far as taking out battery and USB lead, then reinstall lead holding in volume down button, phone then goes into continuous loop of green man then vibrate, no FTM screen. Managed to get to FTM screen once by putting battery back in, then hit a problem with no com port.

It seems there might be several small steps left out of the tutorial that lots of novice’s who visit MoDoCo would need to know, such as what to do if FTM does not come up and you loop between green man and vibrate, also in QPST getting the com port, from my many attempts I believe you need to uncheck the box that says “Show Serial and USB/QC Diagnostic ports only" before you get a port, also see (post by buzz53 post85)

Based on the tutorial would a forum member who has unlocked successfully be kind enough to expand the tutorial to take account of what an experienced member might take for granted, but a novice dies a slow death trying to work out, a total idiot’s guide to the process would assist those of us who are not as knowledgeable as other members on the forum .......thanks and cheers :)

Still persevering and have got as far as getting FTM up clicking on software download in tutorial, this ends up with no phone found, go to config and i get

Port... com13,

label... com13,

phone... Surf7627-linux

and still says no phone found, any guidence as to what im doing wrong..cheers

Guest project_tt

Still persevering and have got as far as getting FTM up clicking on software download in tutorial, this ends up with no phone found, go to config and i get

Port... com13,

label... com13,

phone... Surf7627-linux

Let me guess you are using windows 7 64bit

Qpst won't work on 64bit

You need to run it on win 7 32bit and in windows xp sp3 compatibility mode

Qpst won't work on 64bit

Thanks for the reply, yes good guess, tried it on another laptop as was getting absolutley no where on my desktop even running it in xp3, as i said 3 days ive been trying with no luck, obviously im thicker than i thought. lol. hopefully somebody will make it easier easier to do soon like just type in your imei number.......cheers

Port... com13,

label... com13,

phone... Surf7627-linux

My Dell laptop will lock out the ports... so while mine did work the first time, but nothing after that... I needed to search for the port again, which had been auto assigned the next one up. A reboot clears it too.

Strange yours says it's there and then it isn't at the same time.

I followed the same instructions as yourself and there are no steps missing.

My Dell laptop will lock out the ports... so while mine did work the first time, but nothing after that... I needed to search for the port again, which had been auto assigned the next one up. A reboot clears it too.

Strange yours says it's there and then it isn't at the same time.

I followed the same instructions as yourself and there are no steps missing.

Strange indeed, brain is frazzled now so think ill wait a few days, when you say followed the same instructions i guess you mean the tutorial, all problems i get seem to be related to not seeing the phone in qspt, the more threads i read about this on different forums the more confusing it gets, somebody on the giffgaff forum said the drivers recommended by the tutorial did not work so had to use the drivers that came with the phone.....now frustrated got 2 phones, one each and need to unlock both....:( need somebody who lives near me to talk me through it i think as im obviously missing something out......lol

I guess the unlocking works on its own as i was just trying to do this, before i de-branded it?

Edited by bryfly

Yes I used the tutorial and pretty much went through first time. No experience and new here. I did wait until it made sense to me. I have a TMV. Now the files are merged for you (on the SF2 as well) it's pretty straight forward and works.

You say not seeing the phone in qspt - yet you also say:

i get

Port... com13,

label... com13,

phone... Surf7627-linux

??

That only works from FTM mode right?

"I guess the unlocking works on its own as i was just trying to do this, before i de-branded it?" <-- no idea what you mean by this. Either use the debranded image or the stock image - either way you need an unlocked image, if that makes sense lol ;)

Yes I used the tutorial and pretty much went through first time. No experience and new here. I did wait until it made sense to me. I have a TMV. Now the files are merged for you (on the SF2 as well) it's pretty straight forward and works.

You say not seeing the phone in qspt - yet you also say:

i get

Port... com13,

label... com13,

phone... Surf7627-linux

That only works from FTM mode right?

"I guess the unlocking works on its own as i was just trying to do this, before i de-branded it?" <-- no idea what you mean by this. Either use the debranded image or the stock image - either way you need an unlocked image, if that makes sense lol ;)

yep when using windows 7 (64bit) i got to ftm but showed up the phone as surf7627-linux, and "Project-TT" pointed out it will not work on (64 bit)

when using win 7 (32) on my desktop via xp(sp3) it will not find phone. what i meant was i was trying to use the unlock method on its own, then debrand it later.........

cheers for your input

just tried again by dowloading all progs and starting from scratch on pc, get to click software download on qpst and all stops, go to configuration for ports/phones and it sees (surf7627-linux (deaddood))............any more ideas whats going on?

Edited by bryfly

Guest scorilo19

Hi guys,

I bricked my Orange San Francisco 2 trying to unlock it. It still goes to FTM mode but besides that I just get the android logo.

Can anyone tell me if it can be unbricked and if so, how?

Thanks in advance,

Edited by scorilo19

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Hi guys,

I bricked my Orange San Francisco 2 trying to unlock it. It still goes to FTM mode but besides that I just get the android logo.

Can anyone tell me if it can be unbricked and if so, how?

Thanks in advance,

Hey, I'll take you through the steps I went thru to get it working..

You need to download the custom rom (flb2-r2a.zip) and the default kernel (ouk-stock.zip) for the SFII

Then grab the SFII unlocker (Which should load up the Clockwork Recovery Mod...but won't install it from here : http://www.multiupload.com/TWKP44A5AD

Unzip the Unlock_OSF2.zip file but don't unzip the other 2.

To use the clockwork recovery you use volume up/down to go up/down the menus, the home button as an enter key and the back button as a back key...just to clarify) so to carry out a command in the menus scroll to it using the volume buttons then the home button to carry out the command and you should see a resulting prompt underneath describing what it's doing.

Now carry out the following steps :

1. Boot your phone into the FTM mode by turning it on while holding down the volume down button (hopefully you previously managed to backup your config with QPST)
  2. Connect the USB cable
  3. Run the unlocker (The download.exe file in the folder you made by unzipping the Unlock_OSF2.zip file) which should reboot the phone into the Clockwork Recovery Mode (Just click on START, which should be green, if it isn't then try unplugging the usb cable and then plug it back in and restart the exe)...DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR USB CABLE WHILE THE PROGRESS BAR IS GOING UP, once it's finished you should see "Download Completed" or something, I can't remember exactly what it says but it'll be something like that, then you can close the program and you should see the Clockwork screen on your phone.
  4. Wipe both caches (by going to wipe data/factory reset and then wipe cache partition
  5. Now go to advanced
  6. Wipe the dalvik cache then Wipe battery stats (This makes sure you get a proper charge)
  7. Go back to the main screen and then to the mounts and storage menu
  8. At the bottom choose mount USB storage to mount the sdcard and then copy both rom zip files (flb2-r2a.zip and ouk-stock.zip) over from the computer into the main folder of your sdcard, once you've copied the files then just go back to the main menu with the back button, the sdcard is automatically unmounted when you exit that section
  9. Flash the custom rom first (go to apply update from sdcard then choose zip from sdcard), then choose the flb2-r2a.zip file, then without rebooting, flash the kernel for the SFII (repeat the same process to do that except for choosing the ouk-stock.zip)
  10. If you have QPST, restore the qcn file which you hopefully backed up from the "software download" section, if you didn't back it up you may/probably will have lost your mac address and if you didn't take a note of it either then you're wireless will basically be buggered.
  11. Reboot the phone (by going into the main menu on the Clockwork Recovery and then choosing reboot system now and hopefully it will reboot into the custom rom, also the tracking on the keyboard should be fixed because you have also flashed the kernel rom for the SFII
  12. So, now you're actually in the phone, first of all, when it asks you to set up your google account, press the "I'll sign in later" or whatever it says cos you need to check the wireless and keyboard first.
  13. Go straight into settings, then "About Phone", then check that the mac address is legit, if it says "11 22 33 44 55 66" then you've lost the mac address and you won't get wireless, if it shows a proper mac address then you should be ok. If it does show "11 22 33 44 55 66" but you have a note of the correct mac address then it is possible (and a bit complicated) to restore the proper mac address so don't panic, if you didn't take a note of it though then you won't ever get wireless and you also need a slap :P

Just to let you know, this whole process won't "install" the Clockwork Recovery mod but it will load it enough to let you flash the custom rom. If you want to properly "install" the Recovery you really need to use the adb method noted elsewhere in this forum, which I couldn't do cos I'm using Windows 7 64bit and it's a right royal pain in the butt.

Hope all that helps, come back if you're still stuck

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest scorilo19

Your tutorial is perfect mate!

It worked perfect from the first try. It was exactly what I needed. My phone works now smoothly.

Thanks a lot PsYcHoKiLLa. !!!!

Edited by scorilo19

Guest plotter1971

Thanks to all - totally new to all this but by hook or by crook managed to unlock and install the custom rom on my OSF2

And don`t worry to anyone who ends up knackering their mac address without a QPST backup - I did this but found a small program somewhere which created a random one and fixed via QPST I think - I`ll try to remember if anyone needs it.

This might not be news to you guys but thought I`d share anyway - I found an adobe flash player that works with the OSF2 ARM V6 - just installed from sd card and seems to work well..........

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1357035

Guest scorilo19

"No problem, Glad your brick is now a phone again ;)

Wireless working OK too? "

Yes, no probs with the wireless! The qcn file recovered everything!

Edited by scorilo19

Guest unrandomsam

Qpst won't work on 64bit

It works just fine for me with windows 7 64bit.

Guest Markski

ian_blade2

i had issues with QPST on windows 7 32bit

but i then ran it in compatibility mode for windows XP sp3

works like a charm.....

not sure about your laptop issue

What issues did you have with QPST?My pc cannot find phone under software download so I am unable to save the QCN file.

post-801897-0-81093800-1323861557_thumb.

Guest mikeydood

Unlock_OSF2.zip (18.05 MB)http://www.multiupload.com/TWKP44A5AD

Unlock_VIVACITY.zip (18.04 MB)http://www.multiupload.com/ZXRBSG1JVI

Edit by Paul: DANGER! Using this may / will brick your device, proceed with extreme caution!

Edit by unrandomsam I don't think it will I did it much more carefully the second time (Not whilst doing something else and with the right files.). The dodgy link is gone afaik.

Edit from flibblesan: OSF2 unlock confirmed working, Vivacity unlock confirmed working by myself.

Hello mate

I used the above osf2 unlock tutorial but my phone has died. The screen backlight comes on but no screen. The sound buttons still work when pressed and give of sound. i see you have downloaded stock s/ware to reflash. any chance of a lil help so i can restore the phone to its working goodness ??

Thanx in advance

Mikey

Guest Simon O

Qpst won't work on 64bit

Incorrect. QPST works on Windows 7 64bit. I should know since I used it to unlock my own Vivacity.

Guest project_tt

Well it don't work on mine

Port configuration works fine

But software downloader won't find the phone

Works fine on any other pc that's not 64bit

Any advice would be cool why it is not working

Cos I could really do with 5 machines all running qpst

Guest unrandomsam

Well it don't work on mine

Port configuration works fine

But software downloader won't find the phone

Works fine on any other pc that's not 64bit

Any advice would be cool why it is not working

Cos I could really do with 5 machines all running qpst

What version of QPST (I am using 2.7 build 366)

crappy antivirus ?