Decompiling system.img

Guest atMy0wnrisk

Guest atMy0wnrisk

unyaffing .imgz on ubuntu

sTATUS...... sig fault error when decompiling any system.img file using unyaffs.. I have spent a number of days reading and trouble shooting what may be an issue and frankly there seems to be a rising number of bugs using the unyaffs utility, was reading somewhere that Sig fault can be caused by flakey hardware so I did the following and with no luck same thing.

mETHOD 1: Win 7 & Sun VB on a newer Dual core lappy with 2gz ram running Ubuntu 10.10, 10.04 lts & 11.10.

mETHOD 2: Desktop not the greatest decent E machine, Ubuntu 10.04 Lts ran lovely but same issue when running unyaffs.

mETHOD 3: Partitioned the entire Lappy running only Ubuntu 10.04 Lts.

Well its time to give Cygwin a shot...

any suggestions or comments kindly..

*drumroll

Edited by atMy0wnrisk

Guest atMy0wnrisk

unyaffing .imgz on ubuntu

sTATUS...... sig fault error when decompiling any system.img file using unyaffs.. I have spent a number of days reading and trouble shooting what may be an issue and frankly there seems to be a rising number of bugs using the unyaffs utility, was reading somewhere that Sig fault can be caused by flakey hardware so I did the following and with no luck same thing.

mETHOD 1: Win 7 & Sun VB on a newer Dual core lappy with 2gz ram running Ubuntu 10.10, 10.04 lts & 11.10.

mETHOD 2: Desktop not the greatest decent E machine, Ubuntu 10.04 Lts ran lovely but same issue when running unyaffs.

mETHOD 3: Partitioned the entire Lappy running only Ubuntu 10.04 Lts.

Well its time to give Cygwin a shot...

any suggestions or comments kindly..

*drumroll

SOLVED: uninstalled open jdk that ubuntu provides in the system package manager and installed sun java from Ubuntu software center..