[RECOVERY] : ClockworkMod Recovery for ZTE Blade 2

Guest Sebastian404

Guest woodywoodpecker

Anyone ???

Russ uk,

Hi mate install clockwork by putting the image folder on your sd card and by going into settings on your phone, scroll down to about phone at the bottom then click system updates. this will install clockwork 5.0.2.7 it works perfect on my phone and its on there permanant. Now i can hold volume down key when booting my phone and goes straight to clockwork . Boot phone without pressing vol- and phone starts normal hope this helps you heres the link

Guest Russ_uk

Russ uk,

Hi mate install clockwork by putting the image folder on your sd card and by going into settings on your phone, scroll down to about phone at the bottom then click system updates. this will install clockwork 5.0.2.7 it works perfect on my phone and its on there permanant. Now i can hold volume down key when booting my phone and goes straight to clockwork . Boot phone without pressing vol- and phone starts normal hope this helps you heres the link

http://android.modac..._1#entry1876723

Many thanks woodywoodpecker!

Appreciate the help :)

• 1 month later...
Guest rocker1234

When i type the "'adb reboot bootloader' command, I am getting an error: device not found

I cant find the drivers link in this post ..

Could someone help me out install CWM on my OSF2

Guest raverrr

When i type the "'adb reboot bootloader' command, I am getting an error: device not found

I cant find the drivers link in this post ..

Could someone help me out install CWM on my OSF2

did you try rebooting your machine with the device still plugged in?

Guest rocker1234

did you try rebooting your machine with the device still plugged in?

Nope, I did not reboot my machine.

Should i go ahead and try the procedure posted by woodywoodpecker ?? Does that work .. Looks like a much easier way.

Guest rocker1234

Russ uk,

http://android.modac..._1#entry1876723

Where exactly did you put the img file on the memory card ?

When i go to about device->System updates

Is says that please confirm that an update package has been copied to the image directory on the storage card

Now whats the image directory ?

Guest rocker1234

I have kept the img file in the root folder only of the sd card..

Any help !!:(

Tried almost everything ... Still unable to install CWM recovery

HELP

Guest Reider59

With the very greatest of respect you should have let Raverrr help you. He is the one who made the Fish n Chips ROM you intend using. His help and experience would be invaluable to get the CWM on. It can be a trying time, for some it just works. For others they get driver problems mostly, some use another computer, others have to trick Windows into using the drivers-hence rebooting the phone while connected. Some have to delete a folder Windows adds, the OS is perhaps one of the most maddening aspects in all this, it seems to use a different approach each time. Once you get CWM on though the problems are usually over. For me now I either boot with the Vol down key pressed or if feeling lazy I use the ROM Manager I downloaded, but that will only work after CWM is installed.

Some notes to bear in mind if you do try the other method. It wasn`t tested fully on the Vivacity or the SFII because he hasn`t got that model. It's according to that page and roughly his words, the most dangerous way to do it and if you have other choices then use them. Finally, if you are going to chance it one thing I didn`t see stated was you need to change the name of the file to update.zip If you do not then how is the system going to find it when its looking for update.zip and it's called SF2-4.0.1.5-TPT? Oh and one last thing, do not unzip it at all.

Edited by Reider59

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest jimjim79

link not working, I'm logged in

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /android/recovery/ClockworkMod Recovery for ZTE Blade2.html on this server.

• 3 months later...
Guest ovesreinier

Dear sebastian404.

I have a big problem with my ZTE joe. (V871)

I tried to install a clockworkmod_recovery_4.0.1.5-joe.img and I followed the steps published by yourself in one of this forums. My ZTE-V871 never showed the recovery console (only a white screen with a black FTM message), and I installed via fastboot and recovery manager the clockwork mentioned before. In both cases installed procedure was successfully but the problem persists. My cell is blocked with ZTE splash screen everytime I try to start the clockwork (I used to do that with key combinations and recovery manager option too).

Those procedures erase my default recovery partition and I can’t restart my phone with factory default option (wipe user data/factory-reset)

My cellphone data are:

ZTE-V871 and was bought in Germany, it have a Froyo Android 2.2

When I connect it via USB and make adb devices, adb shows this message P727A devices

Please could you help me ?

• 4 months later...
Guest Jabberwocky711

I tried to install a clockworkmod_recovery_4.0.1.5-joe.img and I followed the steps published by yourself in one of this forums. My ZTE-V871 never showed the recovery console (only a white screen with a black FTM message), and I installed via fastboot and recovery manager the clockwork mentioned before. In both cases installed procedure was successfully but the problem persists. My cell is blocked with ZTE splash screen everytime I try to start the clockwork (I used to do that with key combinations and recovery manager option too).

Those procedures erase my default recovery partition and I can’t restart my phone with factory default option (wipe user data/factory-reset)

My cellphone data are:

ZTE-V871 and was bought in Germany, it have a Froyo Android 2.2

When I connect it via USB and make adb devices, adb shows this message P727A devices

Please could you help me ?

I had a similar situation and thought my phone was bricked. Having accepted loss of data/apps I used ZTE update tool to restore may phone to working condition with updated ROM. See link for info. http://androidforums.com/warp-sequent-all-things-root/668814-zte-update-tool-pc.html

Guest dodgetimmy

Make sure your image.bin file is inside a folder named image on your sd cards root.

Then you can either use the method outside of android to install here:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/355870-TPT-for-SF2#entry2128396

Or just do a system update in android.

There's a bit of confusion in your post though. Are you sure you're using the correct device? It should be p735 not p8xx

Also, try installing the latest cwm6 on here by daz it may work for you better than 4.

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/355512-[RECOVERY]-ClockworkMod-Recovery-v6.0.0.8#entry1981212

Edited by dodgetimmy