[ROM] : de-branded ROM for ZTE Blade 2/Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity [gingerbread]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Simon O

BTW CarrierIQ isn't in the ROM at all. Only some references in the init.rc file to load the binary if it's on the system but I've never seen them in any ZTE ROM.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

All the roms have this problem with the skewed keys on the sanfran2, I reckon it's probably due to the soft keys of the vivacity. You can fix it by flashing the ouk-stock.zip you'll find on other posts, that restores the correct keyboard, for me though it also disabled my wireless, others said it didn't for them though. Seems like it's all very random in the problems so far, reckon we have to wait till ZTE release everything properly.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest snowbord

It seems this rom does not have all international APNs. I had to manually enter the APN for M-Tel (Bulgaria). FLB2a didn't have this issue., neither did CM7, GSF etc. on the blade 1, hence this APN is definitely in the 'big' international APN list.

Any chance of updating the APN list and also adding GPU compositing? The only upside of this ROM is that it has a working radio.

Thanks Seb for all your good work.  Without guys like you in the community, these phones would be rubbish. 

Edited by snowbord

Hi Guys,

If you do not want to completely flash the phone I just get rid of a few orange apps. Can this be done in the same way as the SF1, where you just download an app to remove unwanted orange garbage?

Thanks

Guest CarlMUK

I've tried both unbranded ROMs on my SFII, both have the touchscreen problem on the right hand side (Ran the touch paint test).

Reverting to the stock rom and the problem goes away

Thanks.

Edited by CarlMUK

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

I've tried both unbranded ROMs on my SFII, both have the touchscreen problem on the right hand side (Ran the touch paint test).

Reverting to the stock rom and the problem goes away

Thanks.

Did you flash the stock kernel with the custom rom without restarting?

Guest Sebastian404

SF2 needs a (OSF2) kernel flash as the roms are TMV based. This is very clearly stated in the guides.

I've updated this now to R1, with an super auto-magical selection of the correct kernel for your device.. it also will change the device name to be P736V (Orange San Francisco II) or P736E (T-Mobile Vivacity).

if you do an 'adb devices' and it says P736V is using the SF2 kernel, if it says P736E its using the TMV kernel...

of course its possible there is a 3rd kernel on the go, but no-one has discovered it yet..

Guest CarlMUK

Did you flash the stock kernel with the custom rom without restarting?

I did flash the stock kernel by it's self, but it was after trying the ROM first.

Just did them both together and it's working :D yay, thanks, hopefully this helps out a few other people with the same issue in this thread

Edited by CarlMUK

• 2 weeks later...

Two problems I encountered and their fixes.

1. No notification sound on SMS. Fixed this by setting the ringtone through the SMS settings rather than the settings->sounds->notification ringtone and rebooted.

2. Email crashing. Fixed this by clearning settings->applications->Manage Applications->All->Email, press clear data. Then extracted email.apk from flb's r2a rom (thanks flb for this), and overwrote the one in /system/app using root explorer with flb's one. Rebooted and all was good.

Thanks for the rom sebastian404.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Hi Guys,

If you do not want to completely flash the phone I just get rid of a few orange apps. Can this be done in the same way as the SF1, where you just download an app to remove unwanted orange garbage?

Thanks

You could do this with Titanium but I think your phone needs to be rooted so it probably wouldn't work with a new "stock" phone.

• 1 month later...

if you do an 'adb devices' and it says P736V is using the SF2 kernel, if it says P736E its using the TMV kernel...

of course its possible there is a 3rd kernel on the go, but no-one has discovered it yet..

Hi All,Sebastian,

today I unlocked my Orange SF2 with r1_de-branded_blade2 but I have a problem with touchscreen which was discussed here.

Phone model: Orange SF2

the phone version: P736EB01

from this topic I'm not really understand how I can fix this problem. Could you please help.

Thank you in advance,

Serhiy

Edited by f13sta

Guest Russ_uk

Hi All,Sebastian,

today I unlocked my Orange SF2 with r1_de-branded_blade2 but I have a problem with touchscreen which was discussed here.

Phone model: Orange SF2

the phone version: P736EB01

from this topic I'm not really understand how I can fix this problem. Could you please help.

Thank you in advance,

Serhiy

Have a look here for a fix:

http://android.modac...ost__p__1898914

Edited by Russ_uk

• 2 months later...
Guest techsolo

Does there need to be? Have there been any updates to the stock ROM?

Could have been :) Still waiting on the damn phone I ordered in the UK! Sad to see that over here (Flanders) they only sell low resolution huawai smartphones in that price range. After the blade (San Francisco) Mobistar (Orange) stopped selling ZTE phones...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rash.m2k

I'm having the keyboard issues as well - I try to select o but selects p instead.

Could we please have a San Francisco 2 debranded rom? (i.e. debranded from the SF2 stock rom and not the TMV?)

Much appreciated

Guest Dazzozo

I'm having the keyboard issues as well - I try to select o but selects p instead.

Could we please have a San Francisco 2 debranded rom? (i.e. debranded from the SF2 stock rom and not the TMV?)

Much appreciated

Use the stock San Francisco 2 kernel @ http://www.modaco.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=77151

Flash it on top of the ROM.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Prettygrim

hi all. a while ago i revealed how i am a complete idiot with mobile phone stuff, but was lucky enough to have a mate that is pretty good. after probs with FnC 6 and 7 not working, used 4 for a while but had no free space, even though various bits were supposedly moved to sd card. anyway, am now using this debranded rom on my T-Mobile Vivacity. many tnx for doing the de-branding, Seb. as far as i can tell (early days yet) everything is working fine. i would like to know what speed the phone is running at atm, but dont know how to check it. can someone tell me how, please? i am curious as to whether it is possible/advisable to use an overclocking app? if so, which one is recommended and suggested settings please that wont totally ruin the battery life?

TIA guys

Guest fr0do

There are plenty apps to check cpu speed. Go look. Do you have a rom with the oc kernel patch? If not, there's a thread here. If so, get an oc app like setcpu or droidoverclock.

All oc will adversely affect your battery. I'm currently set to 920mhz as I find that very stable. If you don't need video playback, try dazzozo's CM9... it actually works better underclocked, and is way smoother than GB.

Guest Prettygrim

the reason i am using the de-branded rom is, as stated previously, FnC above 4 wouldn't install. dont know why. even with FnC4, there was almost no free space, even though A2SD told me stuff had been moved to the sd card. i know the cpu in the phone is an 800mhz, but dont know if it actually runs at that speed. no disrespect meant to anyone but after the problems before when trying other roms, am reluctant to change again. just wanted to up the speed a little, without causing too much battery drain or other problems. the fact that there are several o/c apps was why i asked for a recommendation from those who know much more than me. appreciate the help