[ROM] : de-branded ROM for ZTE Blade 2/Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity [gingerbread]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest dodgetimmy

You need to do some research before trying to install custom roms. There's plenty of guides on how to install roms and root/unlock your phone. Just look at the instructions given at the start of each rom release thread for example.

You need to do some research before trying to install custom roms. There's plenty of guides on how to install roms and root/unlock your phone. Just look at the instructions given at the start of each rom release thread for example.

Hi, I'm new here and I've been reading a lot of posts about vivacity/san fran 2. I have recently rooted my vivacity using http://ics-t-mobile....vacity.html?m=1 but I struggling to free up system memory as I only have 1%. I'm using Link2sd - which I'm also trying to get my head round. I also have problems with button lights intermittently working and general sluggishness. Getting back to the subject of thread,I'm not sure whether to go back to gingerbread as it seems more reliable. I've done a lot of reasearch but joined here to learn more via threads or Pm's. I find it very difficult for noobs here because we have little to offer (yet) and most is over our heads but we still try...

Guest dodgetimmy
Hi, I'm new here and I've been reading a lot of posts about vivacity/san fran 2. I have recently rooted my vivacity using http://ics-t-mobile....vacity.html?m=1 but I struggling to free up system memory as I only have 1%. I'm using Link2sd - which I'm also trying to get my head round. I also have problems with button lights intermittently working and general sluggishness. Getting back to the subject of thread,I'm not sure whether to go back to gingerbread as it seems more reliable. I've done a lot of reasearch but joined here to learn more via threads or Pm's. I find it very difficult for noobs here because we have little to offer (yet) and most is over our heads but we still try...

Take a look at my previous post to you:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/349795-San-Francisco-II/T-Mobile-Vivacity-TPTs#entry2147460

Either you haven't installed the tpt correctly or the tpt is not big enough for all the system apps on your rom.

How much system space does it say you have in total?

System space is unrelated to link2sd or a2sd. Those are scripts designed to increase your user app space.

There are only a few ways to increase system space.

1. Install a tpt with more space allocated to the system partition.

2. Install a rom with not so many or large system apps.

3. Install any rom, but remove the system apps you don't need by deleting them from the zip file of the rom prior to installation.

4. Remove system apps using an app like root uninstaller or titanium backup.

Step 4 isn't recommended because in my experience 90% of problems come from installing a rom when their is not enough system space.

Score, why are you trying to install an out of date rom?

Try instead installing slimbean or cm10 on these forums, but bare in mind unless you successfully install a tpt prior to rom installation large enough to hold the size of your rom you will run in to trouble.

Edited by dodgetimmy

Guest Dovahpig

^i dont agree about slimebean or cm10 on this phone. They are way too much for this phone. I have g300 and switched back to gingerbread.

For this phone cm7 or fish n chips is the best.

Thanks dodgetimmy,

I have 200mb for data, 200mb for system (constantly 1% remaining) and 40mb for cache. I rooted about a year ago or lets say, beginning of the year using the link in my previous post. That's why it is so old as you say. I have many questions that don't seem to fit neatly into existing threads and not many seem to be replying to new ones, so I appreciate the response. If I'm honest I don't really know what TPT is, only a vague idea from the reading I've done. The reason I thought I needed more system space (do I really?) was because ICS isn't as smooth as it could be & I thought 'system' was to blame. Also I can't update many apps via Google play as i get 'invalid package file' error messages. Please see the link I added to my previous thread as this was my only method for rooting this was via TPT. I haven't added any more ROMs as I don't want to loose all my app data etc. or is that just the way it goes?

Sorry for this bombardment of a reply but I'm pretty puzzled. Maybe some of this can be answered via PMs/Inbox? I'm gonna go & check the link you posted above now.

Thanks again :unsure:

^i dont agree about slimebean or cm10 on this phone. They are way too much for this phone. I have g300 and switched back to gingerbread.

Yeah, I ran CM9 for quite a while on my Vivacity (ZTE Crescent). Eventually, I went for Fish n Chips 7 as I got fed up with the stutters and crashes, plus the camera issue. FnC is good, but I too am running out of room. A2SD doesn't do as well as INT2EXT+ did in CM9. That gave me acres of space! :-)

Edited by momist

Guest dodgetimmy

Thanks dodgetimmy,

I have 200mb for data, 200mb for system (constantly 1% remaining) and 40mb for cache. I rooted about a year ago or lets say, beginning of the year using the link in my previous post. That's why it is so old as you say. I have many questions that don't seem to fit neatly into existing threads and not many seem to be replying to new ones, so I appreciate the response. If I'm honest I don't really know what TPT is, only a vague idea from the reading I've done. The reason I thought I needed more system space (do I really?) was because ICS isn't as smooth as it could be & I thought 'system' was to blame. Also I can't update many apps via Google play as i get 'invalid package file' error messages. Please see the link I added to my previous thread as this was my only method for rooting this was via TPT. I haven't added any more ROMs as I don't want to loose all my app data etc. or is that just the way it goes?

Sorry for this bombardment of a reply but I'm pretty puzzled. Maybe some of this can be answered via PMs/Inbox? I'm gonna go & check the link you posted above now.

Thanks again :unsure:

A tpt is the layout of your phones memory, you said yourself you have 200 data, 200 user and 40 cache. < This is the default layout for the phone.

Problems with this layout:

There is not enough system space allocated to install the rom you are trying.

Fixes for this problem:

Install a rom that fits in a 200mb partition.

or

Install a TPT that gives you more system space to run this rom on your phone.

Conclusion:

You haven't installed the tpt correctly in your guide and that is why you have no system space left. Link2SD has nothing to do with system space, only user space.

So either install a rom that fits on 200mb system, or correctly install the tpt.

This is of course providing the tpt in your guide does in fact contain a layout that gives enough space for the rom. This I can't check.

I hope this is clear!

Guest dodgetimmy

Yeah, I ran CM9 for quite a while on my Vivacity (ZTE Crescent). Eventually, I went for Fish n Chips 7 as I got fed up with the stutters and crashes, plus the camera issue. FnC is good, but I too am running out of room. A2SD doesn't do as well as INT2EXT+ did in CM9. That gave me acres of space! :-)

A matter of taste, i personally couldnt go back to using gingerbread and I like the latest I can get on my phone, there are various things I find work better for me compared to gb so I'm happy where I am :)

I do however agree the phone will feel more sluggish with a later rom on it, but that can be helped by using various tweaks.