[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips RLS 3.2 >>> [GEN2]

Guest n4y4nrules

this occurs when you flash a big file (rom, theme, etc)

nothing to wory about. once you have it how you want it and you have rebooted it should boot up after 2 or 3 laps of the boot animation :)

i did changing dalvik cache to sd-ext on a2sd (i used a2sdgui)

will doing something like that troubles the rom to boot up?

also i just restored all my app & data from titanium BU. will it troubles too?

it's been almost 40 minutes of booting :P

*edited*

i rewatch the rls2 sneakpeek video, and if i presume that the boot animation is slow for 1 lap then fast for some lap,

then when mine is booting it goes like boot (slow for 1 lap, fast for some lap), blank screen, then back to boot again (it start from slow lap)

Edited by autist

Guest raverrr

i did changing dalvik cache to sd-ext on a2sd (i used a2sdgui)

will doing something like that troubles the rom to boot up?

also i just restored all my app & data from titanium BU. will it troubles too?

it's been almost 40 minutes of booting :P

sounds like you have frozen lol. battery pull, re wipe. and flash again. i would advise not using apps to SD. its evil :). is it an old card? have you used apps to sd for a prolonged period of time? SD have read write limits. Data intensive apps should not be stored to SD.(if you want a long life out of it). and i have never moved cache to sd myself. i tend to not chang thigs that dont need to be ;)

Edited by raverrr

sounds like you have frozen lol. battery pull, re wipe. and flash again. i would advise not using apps to SD. its evil :). is it an old card? have you used apps to sd for a prolonged period of time? SD have read write limits. Data intensive apps should not be stored to SD.

think so.

nope, it's only 2 months old.

will just rewipe and flash again soon. thanks.

think so.

nope, it's only 2 months old.

will just rewipe and flash again soon. thanks.

@autist are you using chinese ZTE blade or having 256 MB of RAM. Because that is exactly what happen to me with this rom.

@raverrr The slow boot happen every time, not just the first boot.

Could you please explain what happen when I flash fish&chip rom, and then do factory reset, wipe cache and dalvik? This is the only way I can boot normally. I am using this rom because of its fast response and long battery life. Will I loose these features by doing these thing?

Edited by tictoc

@autist are you using chinese ZTE blade or having 256 MB of RAM. Because that is exactly what happen to me with this rom.

@raverrr The slow boot happen every time, not just the first boot.

Could you please explain what happen when I flash fish&chip rom, and then do factory reset, wipe cache and dalvik? This is the only way I can boot normally. I am using this rom because of its fast response and long battery life. Will I loose these features by doing these thing?

after reading this,I tried to reboot my device after second wipe.

The first boot needs 15-20 min to finish..then after reboot,hmm I dunno.it still booting after this 15 minutes and the timer still going..

The system just work fine when I didn't reboot it.just work perfectly and fast as expected..

And yes,i'm using Chinese blade with 256 mb ram

*edit*

I've read on one prev page that Chinese blade did have problems of slowboot, maybe caused by the ram limit.

It's 25 min already and the booting still lapping -___- so maybe if this booted, I'll try not to let it reboot..and the led been blinking red since min 10..

For me,other than the slow boot - or superslow boot - or don't know when the boot will finish-, other things works fine and fast... If I could boot into it, of course

Edited by autist

Guest raverrr

after reading this,I tried to reboot my device after second wipe.

The first boot needs 15-20 min to finish..then after reboot,hmm I dunno.it still booting after this 15 minutes and the timer still going..

The system just work fine when I didn't reboot it.just work perfectly and fast as expected..

And yes,i'm using Chinese blade with 256 mb ram

*edit*

I've read on one prev page that Chinese blade did have problems of slowboot, maybe caused by the ram limit.

It's 25 min already and the booting still lapping -___- so maybe if this booted, I'll try not to let it reboot..and the led been blinking red since min 10..

For me,other than the slow boot - or superslow boot - or don't know when the boot will finish-, other things works fine and fast... If I could boot into it, of course

this seems to be a compatabillity issue with the chinese blades then. i didnt realise you had one to. have you used a gingerbread rom before?

this seems to be a compatabillity issue with the chinese blades then. i didnt realise you had one to. have you used a gingerbread rom before?

Update:

from 3 of 3 attempts fail to boot normally. I had to put out the battery in the middle of booting and put it in again for the device enter the os. But then there's always something wrong.

First the service network just unable to connect,second the message service,third the notification bar had gone.

Now I'm trying for the 4th attempt to reboot.

Yes,I've used gingerbreads before. I used elitemovil mod from official 2.3.5 before fish n chips rls1..before that I just jumps from cm7,and many other incompatible roms..

Guest Shahmatt

Great ROM. Fast and smooth.

I have a couple of questions.

The first is about the Android keyboard. The keyboard on my previous ROM Gingerbread Stir Fry B21 looked identical to the one in here, however the behavior is different.

For instance, on GBSF if I typed in letters and pressed space then the most-likely-to-be-correct word would insert itself. Not so on this keyboard, where the corrections are not automatic and you have to touch the alternative option to choose. I cannot find an option to change this. Is the keyboard an older version than what was in GBSF?

Edit: I tried installing a backup of the GBSF keyboard and had a look at the settings. The missing feature is called "Auto Complete". The GBSF keyboard however shows up as tiny on my device so I can't use it. I had to go back to the Fish and Chips default. Is there any way I can get the Auto Complete feature on the default keyboard?

My second question is about changing the wallpaper. When I long press the background and go into wallpaper I see only "Gallery" and "Live wallpapers". I'm pretty sure that just regular old "Wallpapers" should also be present. Going into the "Gallery" shows images taken from the camera, and "Live wallpapers" is not the way to go anyway. Any idea why this option doesn't show up?

Edited by Shahmatt

Guest JustasU

I have no sound in incoming notifications even if i use sound mode on... Every time i get message i have to chech phone becouse no vibration and sound... is refash going to help?

Guest Shahmatt

I have no sound in incoming notifications even if i use sound mode on... Every time i get message i have to chech phone becouse no vibration and sound... is refash going to help?

Ok I faced this same problem initially.

Go to the messaging application. Go to Settings -> deselect and reselect notifications. Click on vibrations and check that it is on. Click on ringtones and choose again.

Guest n4y4nrules

The reason that there is no dictionary in the stock Android keyboard is because we deliberately removed it. One reason for this, is that Swype, the keyboard that we HIGHLY RECOMMEND for use with Fish'N'Chips, supersedes the stock Android one in many including pure functionality, speed and intuitivity . Also Swype ALREADY has it's own highly customisable dictionary and so it went against the "fast, light, stable motto" (the whole idea behind the ROM) having two dictionaries installed instead of one.

Have you tried out Swype by the way? It's magical IMO. :)

In answer to your question about wallpapers, I'm pretty sure we rekmoved all of the stock ones simply to save some space.

Edited by n4y4nrules

Guest Shahmatt

The reason that there is no dictionary in the stock Android keyboard is because we deliberately removed it. One reason for this, is that Swype, the keyboard that we HIGHLY RECOMMEND for use with Fish'N'Chips, supersedes the stock Android one in many including pure functionality, speed and intuitivity . Also Swype ALREADY has it's own highly customisable dictionary and so it went against the "fast, light, stable motto" (the whole idea behind the ROM) having two dictionaries installed instead of one.

Have you tried out Swype by the way? It's magical IMO. :)

In answer to your question about wallpapers, I'm pretty sure we rekmoved all of the stock ones simply to save some space.

I see. So my installation is still fine then. That's good to know.

I have used Swype before but I am not the biggest fan.

Sometimes my finger moves smoothly over the screen to make up the word, but at other times my finger sticks on too much, making it difficult to swype. I also heard was that swyping leads to higher battery drain (though I don't know if this is true).

So I reverted to the Android keyboard and was pleased to note that it really works pretty well once you get used to it. I also think sticking as far as possible with the native apps makes life far less complicated.

Anyway I shall try swype again. I have installed it now and will give it a second chance.

About the wallpaper. I changed mine accidentally to a live wallpaper but I am unable to go back to the default "Fish and Chips". How do I get this back without a stock wallpaper menu option available?

Guest n4y4nrules

I wasn't 100% satisfied with Swype UNTIL I adjusted the "speed vs. accuracy" settings bar in Swype Preferences.

Nowadays, I even challenge people with iPhones to text messaging races and so far I am undefeated. All thanks to the speed vs. accuracy setting. Love it. :)

P.s. I'll get raverrr to send you the default wallpaper

Edited by n4y4nrules

Guest thaicbr

I have to agree with SHAHMATT it would have been nice to have the original keyboard with the dictionaries..

I HATE swype.

Good rom so far. I had problems with both GSF and MMHMP.

So far none off the same with this one.

But please pretty please can we have the stock dictionary for the keyboard back. Thanks

Guest ManMetDeHamer

I have to agree with SHAHMATT it would have been nice to have the original keyboard with the dictionaries..

I HATE swype.

But please pretty please can we have the stock dictionary for the keyboard back. Thanks

you could just remove the keyboard using tittanium backup and reinstall the keyboard from market

Guest Shahmatt

I wasn't 100% satisfied with Swype UNTIL I adjusted the "speed vs. accuracy" settings bar in Swype Preferences.

Nowadays, I even challenge people with iPhones to text messaging races and so far I am undefeated. All thanks to the speed vs. accuracy setting. Love it. :)

P.s. I'll get raverrr to send you the default wallpaper

Swype is popular, so it makes sense to include it. I think we default keyboard lovers are perhaps a minority anyway. I'll certainly give it a try - it seems far smoother now compared to my first go at it several months back. If it doesn't work out I'll download the GB keyboard as suggested.

Don't worry about the wallpaper. I prefer darker backgrounds anyway so I'll probably get something from Zedge.

Thanks for this ROM. It looks good. Will comment further after I've done some battery life testing etc.

Guest n4y4nrules

I HATE swype.

How can you "HATE" Swype? What particular aspect do you dislike?

I admit, it does take a few days to become proficient and find your optimum personal "speed vs. accuracy" settings.

I've got to the stage where I'm Swyping chip and pin machines in the drive-thru at KFC; Swyping my television remote; Swyping whilst at cash machines and most embarrassingly, Swyping on a computer keyboard whilst convincing the director of sixth form at my school to write a better reference for me stating how computer literate I am. :)

I'm sure that if you force yourself to use Swype for a single week you'll never look back.

Guest banaani

Amazing rom, thank you! Really fast. The only problem I am having is that in finnish Saunalahti network it is roarming all the time. GSF had a same issue in the first releases and was fixed with a file saunalahti.ril and later on the fix was not needed at all. Would it be possible to get a same kind of solution for Fish'N'Chips?

Guest hankhandsome

i really like this and want to give it a good run as my main rom but there's one problem - WiFi doesn't work. It doesn't fire up.

I've done a full wipe before install as well, with dalvik/battery/system/data/boot/cache/user data e.t.c..

Everything else seems to have installed and set up perfectly ok apart from WiFi

Guest n4y4nrules

i really like this and want to give it a good run as my main rom but there's one problem - WiFi doesn't work. It doesn't fire up.

I've done a full wipe before install as well, with dalvik/battery/system/data/boot/cache/user data e.t.c..

Everything else seems to have installed and set up perfectly ok apart from WiFi

That is VERY unusual.

Two questions:

What exactly do you mean by 'fire up'?

and

What type of Blade do you have?

If possible, could you upload a short video demonstrating what happens when you turn on Wifi?

Edited by n4y4nrules