[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips RLS 3.2 >>> [GEN2]

Guest n4y4nrules

Guest n4y4nrules

There was no battery issue relating to the ROM at all, just a faulty installation by me it seems rolleyes.gif. Looking forward to future releases of this superb ROM (if there are any planned) cool.gif

By the way, will this ROM be able for other devices than the Galaxy S mini and ZTE Blade?

Yes. I am currently planning a Fish'N'Chips RLS4 for the blade. :D

And yes. myself and raverrr currently have a ROM thread PINNED to the ZTE Crescent forum on Modaco. The Fish'N'Chips ROM for the Crescent is currently at RLS1. :)

Edited by n4y4nrules

Guest B9Anders

I've just installed this, looks very very good. Will be exciting to see how good the battery life is. I've encountered only one problem so far:

Facebook sync. The app works fine. I can not add my fb account to the Accounts & Synchronization though, which is the only reason I even have the app installed. Need it for me address book. Has anyone found a fix for this?

Guest NELLY11

loaded this last night and just having a play - looks good so far.

GPS picks up inside work which it never did before, web seems very fast and all seems good so far.

The GPS icon does seem to stay on for me but will see how it goes.

I loaded the nemus version on, is there much different with the launcher pro or zeam?

I need to work out how to use it all now. lol

One other thing, i came from swedish springs 5 and there was an HTC keyboard mod available on it. Is there anyway to add that in to this one myself?

Thanks again

Regards

Edited by NELLY11

Guest NELLY11

WEll it came off charge at 11am, have reloaded a few things, bit of playing setting up and then went for a ten minute walk with the gps on and navigation, now im down at 70% battery.

Do i need to reset battery stats or anything with the new rom?

I did tpt update so didnt do factory reset option as was told the tpt did that for me, was wondering whether to reinstall from here as a gen 2 already, then do all the wipes.

Is nemus more battery hungry than zeam or anything?

Many thanks

Edited by NELLY11

Guest raverrr

Fwiw, it didn't even drop a single percentile overnight. That is a great start to its battery performance! :D

nice to hear :). Long battery life is a must for me as i work long hours.

Guest raverrr

WEll it came off charge at 11am, have reloaded a few things, bit of playing setting up and then went for a ten minute walk with the gps on and navigation, now im down at 70% battery.

Do i need to reset battery stats or anything with the new rom?

I did tpt update so didnt do factory reset option as was told the tpt did that for me, was wondering whether to reinstall from here as a gen 2 already, then do all the wipes.

Is nemus more battery hungry than zeam or anything?

Many thanks

Nope. the nemus launcher version is the one to use :) it's a very lightweight launcher and has a theme chooser with the blue theme already in it :)

Guest B9Anders

nice to hear :). Long battery life is a must for me as i work long hours.

Played music on it for a bit over an hour + downloaded an app = battery cost: 2%.

Played music on it for a bit over an hour + downloaded an app = battery cost: 2%.

I'm allready 1 day and 1 hour without charging, regular checking whatsapp/messages and occasionally a quick news check, and the battery is now at 54 %... so much for the great battery life biggrin.gif

Guest precious_pony

I installed this on my technophobe brother's blade last night. I checked up on his experiences today. This is a direct quote:

" Battery is fairly decent.Transparent dropdown is s***. Can I get skins?"

FYI - I already applied the transparency patch posted earlier in the thread. I think my brother would prefer 100% opaque. Is there an easy way to patch this myself without a whole new ROM?

Guest raverrr

I installed this on my technophobe brother's blade last night. I checked up on his experiences today. This is a direct quote:

" Battery is fairly decent.Transparent dropdown is s***. Can I get skins?"

FYI - I already applied the transparency patch posted earlier in the thread. I think my brother would prefer 100% opaque. Is there an easy way to patch this myself without a whole new ROM?

Yes.> systemUI.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/status_bar_background

Guest hankhandsome

so is there any danger of adding the facility from CM that lets you advance the music player with the Volume + & - keys when the screen is off ?. Or is it CM-specific ?

Guest NELLY11

Well its been 11 hours now, installing tweaking, bit of surfing, couple of calls and a bit of gps stuff.

Battery @ 38% so not too bad.

Not sure if to try a full wipe and reinstal;l as last nights included a tpt gen 2 upgrade as well.

I have found i have the issue with the GPS signal not going off but it doesnt appear to be every time!!

Seems good though - will see how tomorrow goes and maybe try a fresh install tomorrow night.

Any purpose to wiping battery stats>?

Regards

Guest Shahmatt

Guys, my GPS just doesn't seem to work. The GPS icon comes on and switches off in a few seconds. I've got all the location stuff enabled under Settings.

What should I do to fix this?

Guest NELLY11

try adding gps status from the market. gives you a chance to load some assistance data. mine was funny at first but after loading that it seemed much better (i was on ss5 at the time.

Regards

Guest Shahmatt

Well it kind of locates me within a range, using the transmission towers I guess. But the GPS should get me within an accuracy of a couple of meters at least. I'm not sure why this isn't happening. It doesn't even look as though it's trying!

I'm allready 1 day and 1 hour without charging, regular checking whatsapp/messages and occasionally a quick news check, and the battery is now at 54 %... so much for the great battery life biggrin.gif

2 days and 2 hours, and still got 34 % (low usage though) and therefor very happy laugh.gif

Guest cartierv

Something I meant to ask the other day.

The proximity sensor in R2 is not functioning.

I tried to enter that code that is mentioned on the first page. But the code fails.

Any other ideas ?

Thanks.

First of all.. thank you guys!

I finally got my SMS messages and MMS fully woking 100% since I installed your ROM!

I was using the latest nightly build from CM7 and never managed to make it all work.

Blutooth is working 100% too, didn't test the radio yet and didn't test GPS... tomorrow I'll do it :-)

In the mean time, one question... there is a little thing that I miss from CM7.1 ... the energy control widget... it can be made transparent and vertical.

Any plans to include it? if not... can you tell me how i can put it into your rom?

I also changed the background of the status bar... I think you made it too much transparent and when people are using "minimal text widget" it gets too much confusing. Maybe you should make it less transparent.

anyway... keep up the great work!

Guest precious_pony

I also changed the background of the status bar... I think you made it too much transparent and when people are using "minimal text widget" it gets too much confusing. Maybe you should make it less transparent.

Please can you give me a guide on how you did this. Mine is still transparent.

Please can you give me a guide on how you did this. Mine is still transparent.

You can open the ROM Zip, then open the folder called "system" then folder "app" then locate SystemUI.apk file and extract it.

You can open is using 7zip. After Opening in 7zip, you will find a folder called "res", inside it "drawable-hdpi" and inside this you have the file "status_bar_background.png"... just extract it and edit it as you wish... I used Photoshop to remove transparency and changed it for a a dark blue as i like.

After that, just put the new "status_bar_background.png" back to the same folder substituting the previous one, and then put back the SystemUI.apk back to is original folder on the rom ZIP file.

Then I copied the zip to sd card and just flahed the rom again.

maybe there's an easier way to do this but this is how I managed to do it.

Guest B9Anders

I've just installed this, looks very very good. Will be exciting to see how good the battery life is. I've encountered only one problem so far:

Facebook sync. The app works fine. I can not add my fb account to the Accounts & Synchronization though, which is the only reason I even have the app installed. Need it for me address book. Has anyone found a fix for this?

Anyone? This is an important feature to me as I simply don't have many of my numbers elsewhere.

Guest precious_pony

You can open the ROM Zip, then open the folder called "system" then folder "app" then locate SystemUI.apk file and extract it.

You can open is using 7zip. After Opening in 7zip, you will find a folder called "res", inside it "drawable-hdpi" and inside this you have the file "status_bar_background.png"... just extract it and edit it as you wish... I used Photoshop to remove transparency and changed it for a a dark blue as i like.

After that, just put the new "status_bar_background.png" back to the same folder substituting the previous one, and then put back the SystemUI.apk back to is original folder on the rom ZIP file.

Then I copied the zip to sd card and just flahed the rom again.

maybe there's an easier way to do this but this is how I managed to do it.

Thanks, this totally worked (also changed one or two other background PNGs at the same time). I simply turned the background solid black (notification text is white so it works well). May I ask why transparency was added originally. It makes it very difficult to read notifications when there is text underneath the transparency (at any level of transparency).

Guest raverrr

Thanks, this totally worked (also changed one or two other background PNGs at the same time). I simply turned the background solid black (notification text is white so it works well). May I ask why transparency was added originally. It makes it very difficult to read notifications when there is text underneath the transparency (at any level of transparency).

We just thought it looked nice. Uploading version with revised theme now. There is still transparency but a lot less in the problematic areas. :)