[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips RLS 3.2 >>> [GEN2]

Guest n4y4nrules

Guest raverrr

so is there any danger of adding the facility from CM that lets you advance the music player with the Volume + & - keys when the screen is off ?. Or is it CM-specific ?

No danger in trying no.Providing you have a nandroid to fall back on. Its not something myself or N4y4nrules are looking into tho.

Edited by raverrr

Guest camille1462

We just thought it looked nice. Uploading version with revised theme now. There is still transparency but a lot less in the problematic areas. :)

Hi!

First of all I have to thank you for the great job you've done on this ROM!

I came from CM7 because I couldn't find how to create a Microsoft exchange account, and here we are!

This ROM is working perfectly for me, it seems light and pro.

I have a question though: I'd like to use my phone with 2G (Edge) in order to save battery while still having my mail synced... Am I dumb or is it absent from the ROM?

Guest raverrr

Hi!

I came from CM7 because I couldn't find how to create a Microsoft exchange account, and here we are!

I have a question though: I'd like to use my phone with 2G (Edge) in order to save battery while still having my mail synced... Am I dumb or is it absent from the ROM?

haha no your not dumb :) there is no 2g/3g switch your right. It will connect to edge when the 3g signal isnt available. So there must be a way to switch between the two. Try the curvefish widget from the market. And report back with your findings please :)

regards

Guest camille1462

I know that in CM or in every ROM I used (for my HTC Hero or for the Blade), I always found the switch in the "wireless and network" settings: I cannot find it in this ROM.

I've tried Widgetsoid and it cannot find the switch either ;) It just shows me wireless and network settings...

Same for the curvefish widget of course...

Edited by camille1462

Guest raverrr

I know that in CM or in every ROM I used (for my HTC Hero or for the Blade), I always found the switch in the "wireless and network" settings: I cannot find it in this ROM.

I've tried Widgetsoid and it cannot find the switch either ;) It just shows me wireless and network settings...

Shame... hopefully the new base we are working on for the rom will support it.

Hi!

I'm probably stating the obvious but are you checking the 'network mode' option in mobile network settings? It has WCDMA only/preferred, GSM only (I was told GSM=2g, WCDMA=3g).

I found another "glitch"... the DSPManager packeddoesn't display the "dynamic range compression" option.

Is that happening just for me?

Today I will try to download the CM7 version and flash it and test if that fixes it.

Guest camille1462

I'm probably stating the obvious but are you checking the 'network mode' option in mobile network settings? It has WCDMA only/preferred, GSM only (I was told GSM=2g, WCDMA=3g).

OK...

so now I feel dumb :P

Indeed it works well, so it gives me other demands for the ROM:

- would it be possible to edit the buttons in the notification bar? I would like to have the 2G/3G switch there. Or the possibility to disable the notification bar if I wanna use widgetsoid or something else instead

- would it be possible to have the day of the week stated while you configure it. For example, when I use the calendar and want to take an appointment, it's always hard to know which date is which day of the week. I know it is implemented in CM7, but don't know if it is not here on purpose... :huh:

And last one, I can't manage to have the alerts for the agenda working...

OK...

so now I feel dumb :P

Indeed it works well, so it gives me other demands for the ROM:

- would it be possible to edit the buttons in the notification bar? I would like to have the 2G/3G switch there. Or the possibility to disable the notification bar if I wanna use widgetsoid or something else instead

- would it be possible to have the day of the week stated while you configure it. For example, when I use the calendar and want to take an appointment, it's always hard to know which date is which day of the week. I know it is implemented in CM7, but don't know if it is not here on purpose... :huh:

And last one, I can't manage to have the alerts for the agenda working...

The switchpro widget has a 2G/3G switch (toggle) & is probably the most customizable one i have found , :)

Guest camille1462

alert sound and/or in the notification bar.

I get nothing at all, except when I manually open the calendar: I then get the popup and the sound.

It's the first time I get this kind of behavior.

I tried RS3 and now 3.1: same result.

thanx

Guest raverrr

alert sound and/or in the notification bar.

I get nothing at all, except when I manually open the calendar: I then get the popup and the sound.

It's the first time I get this kind of behavior.

I tried RS3 and now 3.1: same result.

thanx

are you using a task killer? if so, add the app to your ignore list

Guest NELLY11

I am using 3.1 now with the undervolt kernel by wbaw (from moldovan high). Works great and battery holds for 2 days with wi-fi & voip usage.

Nice work:)

probably a stupid question but how did you load the undervolt kernal?

Cheers

Guest camille1462

I feel dumb once again ;)

I found what was causing the agenda alerts not popping out: "system tuner" and its 'startup manager"...

Everything about the agenda (and the SMS if you want to keep them working) has to be enabled at startup.

Sorry for the trouble.

I'm releaved: your ROM is working PERFECTLY and I love it, now that I have everything working ;)

Thanx anyway for your help

Edited by camille1462

Guest raverrr

I feel dumb once again ;)

I found what was causing the agenda alerts not popping out: "system tuner" and it's 'startup manager"...

Everything about the agenda (and the SMS if you want to keep them working) has to be enabled at startup.

Sorry for the trouble.

I'm releaved: your ROM is working PERFECTLY and I love it, now that I have everything working ;)

Thanx anyway for your help

thank you. I'm glad it worked out

Guest KonstaT

Wrong thread dude.PM KonstaT about undervolting :)

No seriously, please don't PM me about things like this.

@NELLY11

Shouldn't be to difficult to find all the info you need. Read the first post of Moldovan MHMP thread. I can only guarantee that add-on provided there works with MMHMP.

Edited by KonstaT