[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips RLS 3.2 >>> [GEN2]

Guest n4y4nrules

Guest hahawas

Im wondering did someone manage to compile an undervolt kernel for this rom yet?

I been using Swedish snow for a few weeks now, and the battery life is awesome with the undervolt kernel, but i rly like the overall style of Fish n Chips.

I don't think the undervolting made a difference in terms of battery life. Didn't notice any significant improvements between the two ROMS

Guest ManMetDeHamer

Hmm for me it seems to make a HUGE diffrence, normaly i can only go 1 day with the battery.

and with the Swedish snow undervolted rom i can go 2 days +

Guest raverrr

I'm keen to know by how much its undervolted. I read that 100Ma is about as far as you can push it. Which would certainly not give you a full extra day of use. anyone know?

Guest sumdumguy

Any undervolted kernel plays havoc on my blade. Makes the proximity sensor fail and the wifi stall all the time, this seems to make it chew battery a very fast rate.

Afaik only the lower cpu speeds are undervolted where power consumption is at it's lowest anyway. Not worth it imo, or at least give users a proper choice of uv or not uv fully enhanced kernels with overclocking available to both.

Guest urbanfrit

I'm getting better battery life on F&C 3.2 than any rom I've tried with the undervolt kernel. Today down to 81% after 11 hours light use.

But had a similar issue with F&C today that I have had with BladeMix 365, a loss of phone signal which is only cured by a reboot. ( Other nearby phones have full signal) I've not had this with any other rom.

Guest LesMcQueen

I'm getting better battery life on F&C 3.2 than any rom I've tried with the undervolt kernel. Today down to 81% after 11 hours light use.

But had a similar issue with F&C today that I have had with BladeMix 365, a loss of phone signal which is only cured by a reboot. ( Other nearby phones have full signal) I've not had this with any other rom.

I also saw this. Enabling and disabling airplane mode brought it back for me.

Guest wapadrand5
Bravia engine added (need to test)GPS patch added (need to test)great find. thanks :)will report findings shortly

Great ROM! Thanks for all your efforts. My favourite so far. But do need reliable and responsive GPS.

Have you tested your update to any extent?

I do not get GPS symbol on notification bar although enabled in power control widget. Only does this first time used on rebooting phone, then GPS fix relatively quickly (maybe 30 secs if lucky).

Have tried GPS Status &Toolbox from market with no success.

Edited by wapadrand5

Guest DellXCD35

I must sincerely appreciate you for your hardwork out of which you created this almost perfect rom.

Looking at the name i initially hesitated to try out Fish N Chips. but i flashed this rom and i am very happy with it.

the internet speeds on this rom is the fastest ever i have seen on any rom. no buffering , now slow speeds now.

GPS signal fix is also very quick.

Scrolling between menu is also superfast.

I am using this rom with Launcher 7 and simply this rom looks ahead of time.

Guest raverrr

Great ROM! Thanks for all your efforts. My favourite so far. But do need reliable and responsive GPS.

Have you tested your update to any extent?

I do not get GPS symbol on notification bar although enabled in power control widget. Only does this first time used on rebooting phone, then GPS fix relatively quickly (maybe 30 secs if lucky).

Have tried GPS Status &Toolbox from market with no success.

The bravia engine had no apparent effect. I've tried several fixes for the gps with no success. Won't give up tho.

Just wanted to thank the Devs for your effort. I"m running F"N"Cs RLS3.2 Nemus version for a couple of weeks and had no bugs at all! Stable, fast and light, like you promise. I just have to load the battery every night, sometimes even ofter. But that due to the way I use my phone...

Only 2 questions:

1. R U making any thoughts of changing the power control wigdet icons on the notification bar? I find them quite simplistic, not according to the overall quality of your work. I would prefer at least the same icons and lighting function (when on and off) as in your perfect, transparent power control widget or even something even nicer like the icons in the corresponding ICS themes.

2. Are you already preparing an upgrade of your ROM? I think I read in a post, that you would try to base it on Android 4.0.

Anyway, again many congratulations for your excellent work!

Guest raverrr

Just wanted to thank the Devs for your effort. I"m running F"N"Cs RLS3.2 Nemus version for a couple of weeks and had no bugs at all! Stable, fast and light, like you promise. I just have to load the battery every night, sometimes even ofter. But that due to the way I use my phone...

Only 2 questions:

1. R U making any thoughts of changing the power control wigdet icons on the notification bar? I find them quite simplistic, not according to the overall quality of your work. I would prefer at least the same icons and lighting function (when on and off) as in your perfect, transparent power control widget or even something even nicer like the icons in the corresponding ICS themes.

2. Are you already preparing an upgrade of your ROM? I think I read in a post, that you would try to base it on Android 4.0.

The icons could do with some work. There are plenty of them out there to choose from so we will bear that in mind. A far as 4.0 is concerned, I'm not going anywhere near it until it is working better. when it is we will probably mix it up a bit for those who want it.

Guest hahawas

The icons could do with some work. There are plenty of them out there to choose from so we will bear that in mind. A far as 4.0 is concerned, I'm not going anywhere near it until it is working better. when it is we will probably mix it up a bit for those who want it.

And change the notification background to white? It really does improve visibilty

Guest hahawas

Ok I get the hint lol :). Will do.full black and white theme or just the notification area?

Glad you finally got it ;), Just the notifcation area like the one in my pictures

Guest squee666

strange that you get a gps bug

i switched Swedish Snow recently and tried the agps patch i posted here on it.

works great i can confirm it really gives me lock times in seconds.

also strangely enough i get higher overclocks on his undervolt kernel i can get 710mhz with 660 was my limit in f n c with set cpu

Guest T.Verhoeven

The rom Cyanogen currently has my preference. But I'm always open for new things . Could someone verify for me if the following features are present on Fish 'n Chips? (or are there things in Fish 'n Chips that Cyanogen doesn't have?)

Remove notifications from the menu

Application sounds go softer instead of mute when you get a notification

Musicplayer and battery widget on the lockscreen

Quite hours option

Disable boot animations for faster boottimes

Another suggestion concerning the look of Nemus version:

is there a way to remove or to auto hide the bullets from the upper end of the workspace? I think that together with the notification bar, they occupy a significant part of the already small blade monitor. Personally, I would prefer an auto-hide function for those bullets.

Concerning now the notification area, I would recommend bigger and more elegant power control icons getting brighter and darker when on and off, white background only for notifications and transparent background for the rest of the notification area like the nitso theme.

Thanks

Guest squee666

This rom is awesome and stupidly smooth on nemus launcher.

If only there was a fully ported Ics theme at stock color with boot animations. would make it a super win.

Also i noticed that the wireless icon is quite jagged when losing bars

Only 2 questions:

Ah, someone who shares the idea on the power control widget icons laugh.gif

Been some time I visited this page since I had no real complaints on this brilliant ROM, but here I am just out of curiositycool.gif I was delighted to read that RLS 3.2 was released, and wanted to test whether the wifi / 3G speeds are improved with the update. Unfortunately for me, there is no improvement in both connections, did I miss something? Maybe CPU scheme or something like that? What 3G concerns I cannot be sure if it isnt my provider (Mobile Vikings) who might be the reason for the status quo, but for wifi I cannot find a likely reason why it didn't improve sad.gif

Anyways, besides that, I have no complaints at all, rather many thanks to the devscool.gif

Edited by witte

Guest raverrr

Ah, someone who shares the idea on the power control widget icons laugh.gif

Been some time I visited this page since I had no real complaints on this brilliant ROM, but here I am just out of curiositycool.gif I was delighted to read that RLS 3.2 was released, and wanted to test whether the wifi / 3G speeds are improved with the update. Unfortunately for me, there is no improvement in both connections, did I miss something? Maybe CPU scheme or something like that? What 3G concerns I cannot be sure if it isnt my provider (Mobile Vikings) who might be the reason for the status quo, but for wifi I cannot find a likely reason why it didn't improve sad.gif

Anyways, besides that, I have no complaints at all, rather many thanks to the devscool.gif

The buffer size mod has had mixed feedback from the start. Check it out over on xda. And the 3g channel change will benefit some but may have opposite effects depending on many things. I noticed an improvement. And strangely I now get better 3g at work where I used to struggle for signal. Again so many variables that its hard to say. And the icons will be sorted soon. Along with other visual tweaks.

Guest raverrr

The rom Cyanogen currently has my preference. But I'm always open for new things . Could someone verify for me if the following features are present on Fish 'n Chips? (or are there things in Fish 'n Chips that Cyanogen doesn't have?)

Remove notifications from the menu > not sure what you mean

Application sounds go softer instead of mute when you get a notification >nope

Musicplayer and battery widget on the lockscreen >no to the music, status bar visible from lockscreen, no need

Quite hours option >not sure what you mean (typo?)

Disable boot animations for faster boottimes >nope

Guest jonmac73

Only 2 questions:

Point 1 seconded - only thing that slightly lets down the otherwise quality feel. I always prefer the standard Android icons for wifi gps etc.

Point 2 - think the fishnchips style is fine and unique - would be ideal to have a theme for Vanilla, and ICS direct to the ROM rather than having additional launchers (I personally use 360 launcher from XDA with it's own ICS theme and lockscreen).

Also personally would prefer a vanilla launcher in base ROM, with options for others - everyones preference for launcher is different I'm sure.

Thanks for continued work on this fine ROM - have used it more than any other in ownership of my OSF.