[HOW TO] Rooting Unlocking and De-Branding your ZTE Crescent [Updated Now Complete]

Guest Bouncer5

Guest aboylikedave

OK, Just uploading some files for you in a pack...

QPST Suite

Clockwork Recovery 4.0.1.5

SF2 Driver Setup

ADB Suite

Orange SF2 Stock Kernel (You should flash this immediately after the rom, without restarting)

Unlock Set

I did not upload a rom cos there's a few on here, so just choose the one you want.

Here's my howto.

Follow the QPST instructions on this first post

Download my SF2 pack here

Make sure you use the QPST suite first, writing down the mac address isn't enough.

HI there

Will this work for the Vivacity? Or just SF2. If not, do you know anywhere else to get the vivavity kernel file?

BTW - what are he implications of not doing this step?

Cheers

Edited by aboylikedave

Guest megamind667

Hiya guys, I got stuck in CWM recovery after trying to unlock my Vivacity. I followed the guide step by step got my phone into CWM recovery after restoring the .qcn backup . Now I'm able to go up and down using vol+/- buttons, but the four touch buttons are completely unresponsive and I cannot select anything. The other problem now is that I cannot enter FTM using power + vol-. I can still use adb and fastboot but I'm not sure what to do next (already reflashed recovery). Any suggestions?

Guest megamind667

do vol- throught the list a few times and you get a message to tell you to use another button - try that.

Yes CWM will replace FTM mode.

hey thank you mate!!! using this trick I was able to finish the flashing. cheers!

Can see the sfII..... Being thick maybe - can you give me the post number or quote it please :)

I think frOdo is suggesting the TPT route in the first unpinned post on page 1 San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity TPTs

Guest lawrence5

I think frOdo is suggesting the TPT route in the first unpinned post on page 1 San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity TPTs

Cool guys - thanks for clarifying. Been reading a bit so it's an app that changes partition Adds clockworkmod so you can easily reflash.... But will it network unlock the phone ? I'm moving abroad but would like to continue using it. Shout if you'd rather I moved this post to the tpt thread :)

Guest Amphoras

Cool guys - thanks for clarifying. Been reading a bit so it's an app that changes partition Adds clockworkmod so you can easily reflash.... But will it network unlock the phone ? I'm moving abroad but would like to continue using it. Shout if you'd rather I moved this post to the tpt thread :)

A TPT can't unlock the phone. You'll need to follow the guide in this thread first to unlock it, and then use a TPT afterwards if you want.

Guest SpiceKing

Hi, I am facing the same problem. On my Vivacity, I unlocked successfully. I didnot wipe data/dalvik cache. After reboot CWM disappeared and I am back to FTW.

Please let me know, if you are able to resolve this issue on your phone.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks but I may need more detailed help as I've checked device manager and no devices show with an exclamation mark.

What's weird is that the hack sequence goes fine, including installing CWM and the custom ROM/kernel (note I don't reboot between wiping data/dalvik cache and rom/kernel as I would lose CWM) but after a reboot CWM just seems to disappear and I'm back to FTW

Guest Russ_uk

Hi, I am facing the same problem. On my Vivacity, I unlocked successfully. I didnot wipe data/dalvik cache. After reboot CWM disappeared and I am back to FTW.

Please let me know, if you are able to resolve this issue on your phone.

Try this and just install CWM over the top:

http://android.modaco.com/topic/351610-installing-clockwork-recovery-made-simple-windows-7/

Guest windy_miller

I'm planning on unlocking my San Fran II using this guide. Can anyone confirm that it all works...? I'm runnign Win 7 64 Bit.

Cheers

I unlocked my phone using windows 7 64 with no problems.

Guest SpiceKing

I am trying to install Clockwork Mod Recovery via ADB as mentioned in the first post.

I installed driver for my Vivacity as mentioned on my Windows 7 32 bit OS machine.

But, I am always getting '<waiting for the device>' during the step

"Now type fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-blade2.img"

Guest mrflibbles

You have enabled "USB DEBUGGING" on the phone? Can you see Android ADB device under USB? Without those the ADB interface is not active.

Guest Thomas J Marshall

I am trying to install Clockwork Mod Recovery via ADB as mentioned in the first post.

I installed driver for my Vivacity as mentioned on my Windows 7 32 bit OS machine.

But, I am always getting '<waiting for the device>' during the step

"Now type fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-blade2.img"

I had trouble with fastboot in windows and used this successfully instead

http://tinyurl.com/7apl5ty