MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

[ROM] : de-branded ROM for Alcatel one touch 990 [froyo]

66 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

All the Vendor Branding has been removed, and any modified applications have been replaced with the AOSP versions. The aim is to revert the device to as close to AOSP as possible.

The Stock rom has very little customization, but what there was had to go...

This ROM is based on the Alcatel FRG83G.v53B-0 ROM shipped the current UK device

[url="http://blog.podtwo.com/android/rom/de-branded%20ROM%20for%20Alcatel%20ot990%20%5Bfroyo%5D.html"][ROM] : de-branded ROM for Alcatel one touch 990 [froyo][/url]

Posted · Report post

Yes, sorry guys, this is well overdue, been tied up with other projects...

Posted · Report post

Any idea on when a gingerbread ROM will be out?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rskirby1' timestamp='1322688286' post='1855119']
Any idea on when a gingerbread ROM will be out?
[/quote]

Microphone won't work when I make calls now, and the stock ROM won't install.

Thanks for the brick? :/

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rskirby1' timestamp='1322697095' post='1855218']
Microphone won't work when I make calls now, and the stock ROM won't install.

Thanks for the brick? :/
[/quote]

you you mean the microphone on the handset, or the speaker phone microphone?

What sort of error do you get when you try to install the stock rom?

Also where did you get your OT990 from?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Sebastian404' timestamp='1322703967' post='1855303']
you you mean the microphone on the handset, or the speaker phone microphone?

What sort of error do you get when you try to install the stock rom?
[/quote]

Error when installing stock rom: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img", "boot") E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip (Status 7)

My phone works just fine, even with voice search, but when I make a call I can't talk.

Also, dialer app crashes when you end call.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rskirby1' timestamp='1322704533' post='1855309']
Error when installing stock rom: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img", "boot") E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip (Status 7)

My phone works just fine, even with voice search, but when I make a call I can't talk.

Also, dialer app crashes when you end call.
[/quote]

can you check the md5 of the stockrom you downloaded ? it should be 9a65fcf58e31e1b7151c4105c9dc02a2

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Sebastian404' timestamp='1322705506' post='1855314']
can you check the md5 of the stockrom you downloaded ? it should be 9a65fcf58e31e1b7151c4105c9dc02a2
[/quote]

Where do I find the md5?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rskirby1' timestamp='1322705542' post='1855315']
Where do I find the md5?
[/quote]

are you using windows, linux, osx ?

if your using windows : http://www.md5summer.org/

otherwise do a md5sum from the command line

I'm just testing the ROM, just downloaded it direct to my device and installed it using clockwork mod, seems to work fine..

Where did you get your device? is it an O2 one? or are you not in the UK>?

Posted (edited) · Report post

[quote name='Sebastian404' timestamp='1322706126' post='1855320']
are you using windows, linux, osx ?

if your using windows : [url="http://www.md5summer.org/"]http://www.md5summer.org/[/url]

otherwise do a md5sum from the command line

I'm just testing the ROM, just downloaded it direct to my device and installed it using clockwork mod, seems to work fine..
[/quote]

How do you install w/ clockwork mod?

I had to install using your recovery manager

EDIT: Noticed you have 2 different stock roms on your site. Downloading the one I didn't use before.

EDIT 2: My device is from the United States. My carrier is Cincinnati Bell. Edited by rskirby1

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rskirby1' timestamp='1322706164' post='1855321']
How do you install w/ clockwork mod?

I had to install using your recovery manager
[/quote]

That uses the same method I just rebooted into clockworkmod recovery and installed it manualy..

[quote name='rskirby1' timestamp='1322706164' post='1855321']
EDIT: Noticed you have 2 different stock roms on your site. Downloading the one I didn't use before.
[/quote]

http://files.podtwo.com/roms/stock/alcatel/ot990/

you need that one for an ot990.. the other one is for the 908..

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Sebastian404' timestamp='1322706404' post='1855322']
That uses the same method I just rebooted into clockworkmod recovery and installed it manualy..

[url="http://files.podtwo.com/roms/stock/alcatel/ot990/"]http://files.podtwo..../alcatel/ot990/[/url]

you need that one for an ot990.. the other one is for the 908..
[/quote]

I'll download this one see what happens.

Posted · Report post

I just went back and checked, your right about the microphone not working... that's very odd, something seems to of got corrupted since other parts of the dialer are also missing thier assets...

I'll look into that

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rskirby1' timestamp='1322706462' post='1855323']
I'll download this one see what happens.
[/quote]

I got the same error message.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Sebastian404' timestamp='1322706790' post='1855328']
I just went back and checked, your right about the microphone not working... that's very odd, something seems to of got corrupted since other parts of the dialer are also missing thier assets...

I'll look into that
[/quote]

I'll be sure to try it when you fix it

Posted (edited) · Report post

Same error message when restoring stock ROM.

Any suggestions? Edited by rskirby1

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rskirby1' timestamp='1322707032' post='1855331']
Same error message when restoring stock ROM.

Any suggestions?
[/quote]

did you take a backup of your rom before you installed the custom one? all I can assume is that the partition size for your device is different to the European ones..

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Sebastian404' timestamp='1322708052' post='1855336']
did you take a backup of your rom before you installed the custom one? all I can assume is that the partition size for your device is different to the European ones..
[/quote]

No I didn't

Posted · Report post

Ok, I worked out the problem (I think) it seems the phone.apk got corrupted when I de-odex it... argh.. I'm uploading a fix now...

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Sebastian404' timestamp='1322709012' post='1855341']
Ok, I worked out the problem (I think) it seems the phone.apk got corrupted when I de-odex it... argh.. I'm uploading a fix now...
[/quote]

Thank you so much :)

I'll be using this from now on, it's been working awesome besides that.

Can't wait until we get some gingerbread roms

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rskirby1' timestamp='1322709234' post='1855342']
Thank you so much :)

I'll be using this from now on, it's been working awesome besides that.

Can't wait until we get some gingerbread roms
[/quote]

The worst part about this is that I gave this to a guy to test for me a week ago, and he said it was all fine.... I wonder if he made any calls with it ;)

I think the ot908 guys where talking about a gingerbread update coming soon for thier device.. the 908 is the jr version of the 990... maybe the 990 will get one too.

I was kinda hoping there would be more support in the community and someone would start work porting CM... no sign yet..

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Sebastian404' timestamp='1322709833' post='1855343']
The worst part about this is that I gave this to a guy to test for me a week ago, and he said it was all fine.... I wonder if he made any calls with it ;)

I think the ot908 guys where talking about a gingerbread update coming soon for thier device.. the 908 is the jr version of the 990... maybe the 990 will get one too.

I was kinda hoping there would be more support in the community and someone would start work porting CM... no sign yet..
[/quote]

Hopefully it will be up before I get to bed lol?

Thanks

Posted · Report post

uploaded and I updated the link from my blog post:

[url="http://blog.podtwo.com/android/rom/de-branded%20ROM%20for%20Alcatel%20ot990%20%5Bfroyo%5D.html"][ROM] : de-branded ROM for Alcatel one touch 990 [froyo][/url]

Posted · Report post

More bugs discovered:

- Settings app force closes when adjusting brightness
- Settings app force closes when adjusting volume (in the app, not with volume rocker)
- Unable to add Facebook account to the Contacts app

revision used: r1

The calling function works perfect now.

Posted · Report post

Hullo! [i]Maligayang Pasko![/i] Merry Christmas! :D

I recently noticed that the front-facing camera does not work! The option to use it in the camera app is not available and I can't make it work via apps like Tango (obviously the reason why I noticed it. LOL)

Also confirming the bugs above.

Love this ROM. hope dev won't stop! Thank you very much sir!