Hsupa 2mbps on the blade

Guest swukjay

Guest swukjay

Then why did you not seek a refund instead?! Or write a letter of complaint to Zte.... that would be more productive than moaning/whining about lack of HSUPA - it still bloody works innit?

Yes it work but a claim of 5.76 HSUPA and then to find it has none is a bit of a drop, its like buying a phone with a claim of 1.2 Ghz cpu then finding out it clocks at 300 Mhz, I would have assumed that a modder would have been a little more concerned with specifications seeing as that's what modding and modding capabilities of hardware are decided on..... THE SPECIFICATIONS !

Guest swukjay

I mean like zte are really going to listen to me aren't they lol , they might answer modaco officially but not me! I just want to raise up how important specs are ,I mean what is the point of learning all that about phones, hardware etc if when you use it to buy something you find out the specs are wrong, Its blatant lying, zte must have seen what specs were being given out and they did nothing... TWICE !

Guest hecatae

Msm7227 and msm7227t never supported HSUPA with any manufacturer. I had a LG service manual that explained in great detail that it's not capable of HSUPA. I'll check my msm7225a and post the speedtest

Guest swukjay

Msm7227 and msm7227t never supported HSUPA with any manufacturer. I had a LG service manual that explained in great detail that it's not capable of HSUPA. I'll check my msm7225a and post the speedtest

What about the Gt540 ? same chipset and that has HSUPA confirmed .

Guest hecatae

What about the Gt540 ? same chipset and that has HSUPA confirmed .

Gt540 is an oddity, it never was capable of HSUPA when I owned one.

Guest swukjay

Gt540 is an oddity, it never was capable of HSUPA when I owned one.

Most information and post I come across confirm that the GT540 does support HSUPA with a uplink of around 1.2 Mbps on speedtest. This Is what's so baffling about the whole thing and confirms that A: zte have crippled these devices and B: that's why the specs don't match the phone. Its a real shame because the phone itsself is a nice looking phone , easy to flash overclocks nice , it just would have been nice to see HSUPA as thats what I was Expecting. I may well decide to change again but the G300 has the same chipset, does this have confirmed HSUPA ? see here http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_ascend_g300-4594.php and that to claims HSUPA in its description.

Guest hecatae

G300 is armv7, skate and blade are armv6. You also have to check if the network operator has enabled HSUPA on your sim card.

Ask the g300 forum for speed tests, generally anything above 388kbs suggests HSUPA.

My LG Optimus L3 is currently reporting an operator speed cap of 360kbs on upload.

Guest swukjay

G300 is armv7, skate and blade are armv6. You also have to check if the network operator has enabled HSUPA on your sim card.

Ask the g300 forum for speed tests, generally anything above 388kbs suggests HSUPA.

My LG Optimus L3 is currently reporting an operator speed cap of 360kbs on upload.

Yes but the chipset is independent of the processor , the fact the CPU is different architecture Will have no bearing on the chipset architecture or the chipset speed.

Guest hecatae
G300, Blade, Skate, And GT540 all have same chipset msn7227 and adreno200 which all claim HSUPA.

Correct so the real issue is amss.mbn and ril used.

There was some hex editing ages ago to enable 1900mhz network band, but heard it disabled 3g.

If I had more money than sense and was willing to risk it, I would pull a Gt540 official rom apart, put the amss in a skate or blade tpt and add the ril the LG Gt540 uses. It should work but I have always been afraid of bricking the device.

Guest danmanbad

am i not mistaken that if something in the uk is sold as one thing but in reality its not is that not faulse advertising and can we not demand a refund for being miss sold an item just my 2 pence if im wrong i will stand corrected

Guest swukjay

There was some hex editing ages ago to enable 1900mhz network band, but heard it disabled 3g.

If I had more money than sense and was willing to risk it, I would pull a Gt540 official rom apart, put the amss in a skate or blade tpt and add the ril the LG Gt540 uses. It should work but I have always been afraid of bricking the device.

Yes its funny you should mention that as I read somewhere on the forums that we only had hex and no source code for the chipset which meant looking and guessing which is pretty much impossible task, now if we had the source code theoretically we could then get it working and everyone with a skate or a blade would have HSUPA. This would be really amazing to achieve and would benefit everybody !

Guest swukjay

Its a shame we couldnt make a hardware emulator program to test real ril and amss.mbn without risk of bricking a phone! that would be real cool , just select all your hardware from a menu, then select you rom and load it into the program! job done no risk !

Edited by swukjay

Guest swukjay

am i not mistaken that if something in the uk is sold as one thing but in reality its not is that not faulse advertising and can we not demand a refund for being miss sold an item just my 2 pence if im wrong i will stand corrected

Yes That is true mate but it would be nicer if zte released the chipset source code lol !

Guest swukjay

Yes is the chipset amss proprietary? Guess only qualcomm can confirm

I expect so, might Look into this further and see if I can Get A reply out of them as to what they have crippled the chipset. I do think ZTE have some questions to answer about this though as that's a lot of wrong specs if you take into account all the blades and skates that have been sold.HSUPA for me was one of the reasons the phone appealed to me.

Guest swukjay

I have raised this issue here http://www.modaco.com/topic/356220-hsupa/ in the G300 forum to see if they can confirm they have HSUPA on that phone, if they do then we can look a bit deeper into this a we will then know for sure its not the chipset hardware itself but something in either ril or amss.mbn. didn't I read somewhere that HSUPA is written in logcat? might be a idea to check but im not sure that could be relied on and we need to see the results of more test on the same chipsets with different manufacturers first.

Guest Davidoff59

An ics leak from China b926 enables it then b927 disabled it again. 2mb upload, 10mb download here on WiFi. would testing need conforming on 3g also ?

Guest swukjay

An ics leak from China b926 enables it then b927 disabled it again. 2mb upload, 10mb download here on WiFi. would testing need conforming on 3g also ?

No that confirms it for sure, that is pretty interesting and is one hell of a difference in speed, ideal for uploading to youtube and streaming, a real big improvment and proves they do cripple the hardware via baseband!