• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Unlocked easy Way;Now a request.

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi all,

I now have an unlocked working phone apart from Wifi.

You have to understand that regarding Phones I am totaly and utterly Clueless; at the age of 57 all the acronyms mean nothing to me.

Therefore what I am requesting is - A Rooted Standard Update img file that I can put on the SD card and load via Settings/Update option available on the fully booted Phone (Or an Unbranded WORKING KEYBOARD ).

By the way, do you put a zip file or an img file in the img folder. Also which is the Text File you edit; is it nv_4319.txt ?

This will enable me to install Root Explorer and change my pre-noted MAC Address.

In return I will Post a complete Numpty Guide as to how to Unlock the SF2 for those who struggle and just want a working Phone that they can use with their own Operator SIM.

Thanks in Advance, Carl

Posted · Report post

You should do the guide anyway people will help you without the bribe of you help me ill help the rest...lol

Posted · Report post

Hi all,

I now have an unlocked working phone apart from Wifi.

You have to understand that regarding Phones I am totaly and utterly Clueless; at the age of 57 all the acronyms mean nothing to me.

Therefore what I am requesting is - A Rooted Standard Update img file that I can put on the SD card and load via Settings/Update option available on the fully booted Phone (Or an Unbranded WORKING KEYBOARD ).

By the way, do you put a zip file or an img file in the img folder. Also which is the Text File you edit; is it nv_4319.txt ?

This will enable me to install Root Explorer and change my pre-noted MAC Address.

In return I will Post a complete Numpty Guide as to how to Unlock the SF2 for those who struggle and just want a working Phone that they can use with their own Operator SIM.

Thanks in Advance, Carl

What we need is qcn (QPST nvitems) file dumps with known mac addresses from both the SF2 and the Vivacity. either as is or with the mac address hexedited to something easy to find like DEADBABE or DEADBEEF (Presuming they are not anywhere else).

Or with them already edited out to something that is easy to find.

There is no easier way than using QPST (Developing another method would be likely to mess up a phone quite allot of times).

Or require access to developer libraries from Qualcomm (They make the phone system on a chip) that basically would be for embedding the functionality that QPST has into another program (The ZTE flasher likely uses something like this). Thing is there is no way to get this stuff if you are not buying 1,000,000 pieces of the SoC every quarter. Writing something from scratch would a significantly harder thing to do.

Posted (edited) · Report post

You should do the guide anyway people will help you without the bribe of you help me ill help the rest...lol

Hi,

Yes i was going to do the Guide, BUT, no MAC address on phone at moment.

Hence need the Root requested to Verify everything works! (It did on my Skate)

Carl

Edit due to- sorry Urandomsam, dont have a clue what you are on about!

I know on my skate all i did was run a Pre-Rooted Rom and edit one Text File and away i went; unlocked,working Wifi.

The File was-update- OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05-skate-unsigned.zip NOT FOR USE WITH O.S.F which some one here uploaded

Edited by CARL13

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Carl

You really are better off using QPST otherwise you need that hack each and every time you flash a rom (Better off doing that for your skate as well).

For your skate there is even that windows tool for putting your mac into get the qcn file.

I have only unlocked one so far and I didn't keep the qcn file. (For a mate). So I don't have the phone to hand hence I am going on memory.

Posted · Report post

What we need is qcn (QPST nvitems) file dumps with known mac addresses from both the SF2 and the Vivacity. either as is or with the mac address hexedited to something easy to find like DEADBABE or DEADBEEF (Presuming they are not anywhere else).

Wi-Fi MAC offset : 0x1E08 (for both devices)

(and its 6 bytes, so best not use DEADBEEF) :)

Posted · Report post

I would love an easy to follow unlocking guide (for n00bs) with links!

I'm just as confused as everyone else blink.gif...and my TMV arrives tomorrow biggrin.gif

Posted · Report post

I would love an easy to follow unlocking guide (for n00bs) with links!

I'm just as confused as everyone else blink.gif...and my TMV arrives tomorrow biggrin.gif

Hi know what you mean,

Its the little things like; remove the Battery. ok do you leave it out or put it back in when you plug in the USB for instance.

In the end i left it out on the second attempt.

Carl

Posted · Report post

You really are better off using QPST

I don't like relying on a USB connection to a PC. I'd prefer a method where you just copy files to the SD and boot into clockwork and re-image ...that seems much simpler?

Posted · Report post

Wi-Fi MAC offset : 0x1E08 (for both devices)

(and its 6 bytes, so best not use DEADBEEF) :)

As as its readable it doesn't matter.

DEACAE or whatever (Much easier if you can use a regular expression rather than an offset).

I don't know

Posted · Report post

Hi know what you mean,

Its the little things like; remove the Battery. ok do you leave it out or put it back in when you plug in the USB for instance.

In the end i left it out on the second attempt.

Carl

It doesn't matter (as long as the volume down key is held when you plug it in if you do it without the battery).

Posted · Report post

I don't like relying on a USB connection to a PC. I'd prefer a method where you just copy files to the SD and boot into clockwork and re-image ...that seems much simpler?

So you would rather manually hack files in ./etc (That may well not even work properly) than do it using the correct method a single time ?

QPST is really reliable (Qualcomm makes the SoC its their tool) I would trust to do the right thing far more than ZTE's flasher for example.

I think you are more likely to run into bugs in clockworkmod than QPST

(The hard thing about QPST is using it properly).

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Carl

Edit due to- sorry Urandomsam, dont have a clue what you are on about!

I know on my skate all i did was run a Pre-Rooted Rom and edit one Text File and away i went; unlocked,working Wifi.

The File was-update- OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05-skate-unsigned.zip NOT FOR USE WITH O.S.F which some one here uploaded

You can do the same thing you did with the skate (Everytime you flash a rom)

Just flash this from clockworkmod

http://downloads.androidsu.com/superuser/Superuser-3.0.7-efgh-signed.zip

Then should be able to use root explorer (Maybe ? (its a guess but most people who want root don't even want the most useful part (insecure adb) quite a bit of the time.

If you want insecure adb easiest way would be to just use the boot.img from fibblesan or seb404

The best way would be to read and understand how do it for yourself

http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=HOWTO:_Unpack%2C_Edit%2C_and_Re-Pack_Boot_Images

or do what is already documented in the skate forum

But using a qcn file for the right device.

Posted · Report post

So you would rather manually hack files in ./etc (That may well not even work properly) than do it using the correct method a single time ?

QPST is really reliable (Qualcomm makes the SoC its their tool) I would trust to do the right thing far more than ZTE's flasher for example.

I think you are more likely to run into bugs in clockworkmod than QPST

(The hard thing about QPST is using it properly).

No I'm thinking of the TPT (?) method - image one file > finish.

Another question: Is there a simple way just to root these??

Posted · Report post

No I'm thinking of the TPT (?) method - image one file > finish.

Another question: Is there a simple way just to root these??

Its impossible to do this by a TPT.

I would say they are very simple to properly root (At least compared to Sony Ericsson / Motorola / HTC)

Just split the boot.img / change default.prop reassemble it / flash it with fastboot (It works in a textbook manner no tricks just works).

Posted · Report post

Done it now and I'd agree. Was very easy.