how to install android market

Guest guiz79

Hello everybody,

I just received my first android phone, a ZTE blade from China Mobile. Maybe is a silly question but I couldn't find the Android Market anywhere, is it possible to install it?

I would like to put a different rom on the phone, and as far as I know the first step is to find out which version of the phone I have. In order to do that I need to install the Mr Pigfish app but I don't have the android market to get that app.

Thank you in advance,

guiz

I've sent you gapps and mrpigfish, enjoy :)

Thank you! I managed to install mrpigfish but know I have a new obstacle "Mr PigFish says you have an unknown model", and many data following. I will search for a solution. By the way, on the phone there is a spiral logo with a number 3, do you think that could be a Gen3 model?

Guest plegdroid

Thank you! I managed to install mrpigfish but know I have a new obstacle "Mr PigFish says you have an unknown model", and many data following. I will search for a solution. By the way, on the phone there is a spiral logo with a number 3, do you think that could be a Gen3 model?

I honestly could not say, iam on a racer which is gen1 so never had this problem, if I find anything out I'll post :)

edit, it's not a blade 2 you've got?( very new) what version of android did it ship with, as that may help to id what gen it is :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest plegdroid

)

Android 2.2.2

Build Number U880V1.0.0B04

Hardware version MBV1.0

hiya your on a gen3 phone, zte blade t-u880.

Edited by plegdroid

ps don't use the gapps I sent you use the one in the above thread :)

I just discovered on the other thread:

Time Division Synchronous Code Division Multiple Access (TD-SCDMA) or UTRA/UMTS-TDD 1.28 Mcps Low Chip Rate (LCR),[1][2] is an air interface[1] found in UMTS mobile telecommunications networks in China as an alternative to W-CDMA.

It wont work in Europe as it doesn't have GSM or the version of 3G that we use.

From memory I think it has GSM, so it will work with 2g only everywhere else.

So bad news, it seems that I will have no 3G at all mad.gif. Bought it from dealextreme and I thought it was the regular ZTE blade.

Thank you for your help.

Edited by guiz79

Guest plegdroid

I just discovered on the other thread:

Time Division Synchronous Code Division Multiple Access (TD-SCDMA) or UTRA/UMTS-TDD 1.28 Mcps Low Chip Rate (LCR),[1][2] is an air interface[1] found in UMTS mobile telecommunications networks in China as an alternative to W-CDMA.

It wont work in Europe as it doesn't have GSM or the version of 3G that we use.

From memory I think it has GSM, so it will work with 2g only everywhere else.

So bad news, it seems that I will have no 3G at all mad.gif. Bought it from dealextreme and I thought it was the regular ZTE blade.

Thank you for your help.

yes it seems it's geared up for the far east, you in the uk?

Edited by plegdroid

I'm in Spain, still trying to make, at least, GPRS work. So far I cannot even send emails without wifi, I presume I must modify the setup of the mobile data to match my provider settings. I didn't discover how to do it yet.

Guest plegdroid

I'm in Spain, still trying to make, at least, GPRS work. So far I cannot even send emails without wifi, I presume I must modify the setup of the mobile data to match my provider settings. I didn't discover how to do it yet.

Hola,can you send it back?

Hola,can you send it back?

Not really, the first stupid thing I did was to throw away the box. I would like to make it work with gprs or "upgrade" my mother's phone and get a new one for me :)

It's a pitty, the hardware, size and price are great, but...

I managed to install the ROM published on the other thread but I'm having issues connecting to my google account for using the market "Can't establish a reliable connection to the server". The wifi is working for maps, so I don't know what's going on. Somebody mentioned the same problem but I don't understand the answer. I already sent a PM to him. Should I install a new firmware? Where can I find it? How to install it?

Edited by guiz79

Guest plegdroid

with regard to which rom to install your phone is a totally different entity than other blades for where we live, so me thinking the answer will lie in one of the Chinese sites, but even sifting through them is gonna be a bit of a mission :'(

with regard to which rom to install your phone is a totally different entity than other blades for where we live, so me thinking the answer will lie in one of the Chinese sites, but even sifting through them is gonna be a bit of a mission :'(

I installed the ROM from Solidchips (published on the other thread) but it has no browser, I cannot connect to the market and worst of all SMS are not working (when I select "Text contact" I get "Unsopported action, That action is not currently supported")blink.gif. So I might say I have the most useless android ever, phones from the 90's had more features wink.gif

Do you know if any web browser installed from .apk will work on the phone? Apps are independent on the hardware, right?

I presume the SMS problem cannot be fixed by installing an app, right?

My chinese is very poor, unfortunately diving into forums is not an option. I'll try to get help from my chinese colleagues.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am diving into android and the experience has been bittersweet so far. Now I'm dealing with a very strange issue related to market. It used to work through pc in a particular way, I selected the app on the pc, clic on install and it was downloaded to my sdcard on a folder called download.

In order to have a clean system after many installation failures of ROMS, updates... I decided to format and reinstall the ROM. Now the market through the pc is not working anymore, when I click install on the pc, nothing happens on the phone. And if I run the market directly run from the phone it is able to download the apks. When I click on install the progress bar appears and completes until 100% and a message shows up

thedownloadedfile-5.apkis completed, path is :/mnt/sdcard/download

but it is not installed. And there is no folder called download on the sdcard. I used the search function from the Root Explorer and it cannot find any file with that name. Moreover, when I try to install another app the name of the file increases "thedownloadfile-6.apkis". It seems that the previous one exists somewhere, right?

I'm completely clueless once more

Edit: I found the files, they are saved in /cache/ 

Edited by guiz79

• 1 month later...
Guest HTC phone

Hello everybody,

I just received my first android phone, a ZTE blade from China Mobile. Maybe is a silly question but I couldn't find the Android Market anywhere, is it possible to install it?

I would like to put a different rom on the phone, and as far as I know the first step is to find out which version of the phone I have. In order to do that I need to install the Mr Pigfish app but I don't have the android market to get that app.

Thank you in advance,

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM HELP ME

my phone is HTC Desire but i don't wont to put a different rom i just need the android market icon

Hello,

I presume is not so simple, usually in Europe the phones have a preinstalled Android Market, so you don't need to install anything. In my case, with ZTE blade, I installed a different ROM to get the Market, but you may find a simpler solution.

Are you in China? As far as I know China Mobile uses TD-SCDMA, which I'm not sure if it's implemented on the HTC Desire.

Hello everybody,

Thank you in advance,

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM HELP ME

my phone is HTC Desire but i don't wont to put a different rom i just need the android market icon