MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

2886 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Awesome looks like progress....Hopefully all the fighting can stop and you can be left alone to work on this build. Not sure why everyone has to act so imature at times. When everyone could be working together to get the job done. Seems devs sometimes have big heads :).

Thanks again for posting this and for all the hardwork...Good luck moving forward

Posted · Report post

Good to you have you back trip. Could someone post the correct apn settings for this rom for me I would really like to get a chance to give this bad boy a spin when its ready

Posted · Report post

Good to you have you back trip. Could someone post the correct apn settings for this rom for me I would really like to get a chance to give this bad boy a spin when its ready

http://forum.androidspin.com/showthread.php/2615-SETTINGS-T-Mobile-APN-Settings

Try those when its done, kmobs also posted onein the thread that was closed id try that one first

Btw thanks Trip!!

Posted · Report post

Thanks for continuing your efforts Trip..

Look forward to giving you lots of constructive criticism ;-)

Posted · Report post

Lolz it is still no daily driver :P

But the radio is functioning correctly, i was getting anoid by the lockups zo i tried a few things to fix it but it seems that it didnt help so packaging now and uploading it.

Posted · Report post

But the radio is functioning correctly, i was getting anoid by the lockups zo i tried a few things to fix it but it seems that it didnt help so packaging now and uploading it.

Where these lock ups present in the last alpha?

Posted · Report post

Does it mount the SD card on USB in alpha 2?

Posted · Report post

Thanks for time and effort in developing ICS on the sensation 4g

Posted · Report post

I don't understand why people have such polar and to me, rude, disrespectful, and tactless responses to F**king ALPHA ROMs. Aren't ALPHAs meant to be POS? You shouldn't even have to tell people this is not a daily driver. There are a lot of newbies wanting freebies.

There are a lot of dumb idiots who are not developers, who are young and ignorant... and very demanding of perfection, posting in your last thread/xda/google+ (this is referring to nonDEVs ... devs can say whatever they want imho)...

Props to your continued work.

Posted · Report post

im so happy you both handled this in the end like real men and settled your differences. Right now im waiting in bed for your rom. no homo

Posted · Report post

Download:

uploading

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thanks Trip for coming back....But it looks like we might not get cm9 this weekend after all....https://plus.google.com/113702637309752822154

Sent from my Sensation using Tapatalk

Edited by Chilled26

Posted · Report post

kmobs says

Wow.. That "persiantown" on modaco that was responding in the TripNRaver thread was not me, but rather someone impersonating me. Just thought you guys would like to know that. I'm going to talk to Paul about this and see what we can do.

Posted · Report post

Intro:

Updated version of the first alpha release

Working:

- Mobile network (data/sms/calls)

- Sound

- 3D/2D graphics

- Tethering

Not working:

- Camera

- Bluetooth

- Wifi (maybe works with static ip)

issue found and will be fixed (kernel)

Updates:

- RIL

- Sound

- Menu settings

- Updated apps

- Updated framework

- Home button fixed (thanks to the user who posed to fix, pm me and i'll add youre name)

Information:

Mobile network connects automatic, the only thing you need to do manually is set you're apn settings to get a working data connection.

Better ui performance, rom seems to be (much) more stable

Dont use volume button during call

Dont place the call on speaker it will mess up totally

Due to the renewed hw acceleration the system (ui) can sometimes completely lockup you can wait to resume but it will take extremely long, better is to pull battery. Or you can disable ui acceleration in the settings menu, turn it on/off a couple off times to make sure its off

Screenshots:

device20111203052108.jpg

device20111203052142.jpg

Download:

uploading

Thanksa lot for continuing to work on this

Posted · Report post

All i need it sms to work I never call people or get calls lol

Posted · Report post

Hey Trip, do you think it is possible to put in the screenshot feature from Sense?

Posted · Report post

All i need it sms to work I never call people or get calls lol

i sent my self a text message from first release and it worked fine

Posted · Report post

Sms works for me.

The lockups are related to the kernel, it seems that some parts are missing.

To improve stability make sure to disable all network monitoring parts, i will make new kernel what will greatly improve the stability.

If you found anything that also helps to kill lockups let me know.

On first boot it would be the best to leave the phone for 30 seconds after you see the setupwizard. I find that better but its up to you.

Mirror:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ctye73lck2s686w

Posted · Report post

thanks so much.

Posted · Report post

very very very impressed dude. awesome. just had a bootloop though. but awesome

Posted (edited) · Report post

LOL DAMN :mellow:

It seems that due the missing parts from the kernel, the phone doesnt boot after you manually entered the APN settings. So for now reboot with airplane mode ON.

I will release the fixed kernel today/tonight.

If you find better solutions post them. :)

Edit:

wipe cache in recovery and it was fixed, or pull battery during the boot when it hangs

that worked for me

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Posted · Report post

LOL DAMN :mellow:

It seems that due the missing parts from the kernel, the phone doesnt boot after you manually entered the APN settings. So for now reboot with airplane mode ON.

I will release the fixed kernel today/tonight.

If you find better solutions post them. :)

Will the fixed kernel include the fix for the wifi issue?

Posted · Report post

Sms works for me.

The lockups are related to the kernel, it seems that some parts are missing.

To improve stability make sure to disable all network monitoring parts, i will make new kernel what will greatly improve the stability.

If you found anything that also helps to kill lockups let me know.

On first boot it would be the best to leave the phone for 30 seconds after you see the setupwizard. I find that better but its up to you.

Mirror:

http://www.mediafire...ctye73lck2s686w

Thanks bro, pm me I may be able to help you with your kernel, in fact, I know I can.