[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest down4life

Don't go off topic please, thanks :)

Is every one experiencing the sleep bug?

Flashed this morning...first boot ok, verry fast, hw acc is ok... and also..first lock and phone is down.. have to put batt out.. aaaaanndd wifi strenght signal isnt working, but net i ok... maybe will try that kernel fix.. salut :)

Guest Arz Bhatia

Flashed this morning...first boot ok, verry fast, hw acc is ok... and also..first lock and phone is down.. have to put batt out.. aaaaanndd wifi strenght signal isnt working, but net i ok... maybe will try that kernel fix.. salut :)

I finally got the first lockup just before I set up my welcome wizard xD

Can someone please send me a link to the previous kernel? Like a chrismas gift(a)? I cant find it and want to stay on trips roms n.n

I think flashing back the old kernel would take away all the coolness from the BETA ROM :rolleyes:

Guest eggyenergy666

I finally got the first lockup just before I set up my welcome wizard xD

I think flashing back the old kernel would take away all the coolness from the BETA ROM

I know but it makes it stable though, and i tested it this morning and got reboots everytime my phone went to sleepmode:( so can you please provide me this kernel my friend or any other solution(:?

Guest Arz Bhatia

I know but it makes it stable though, and i tested it this morning and got reboots everytime my phone went to sleepmode:( so can you please provide me this kernel my friend or any other solution(:?

I'm trying my best :) Give me some time..

Guest down4life

Have you tried this?

I worked around the deep sleep issue by using the previous kernel, although this does breaks USB mounting. HW accel seems unaffected, but I haven't run conclusive tests.

Without knowing what changes were made in the kernel or framework, I can only speculate that a non-kernel module USB-related driver somewhere has changed, while HW accel related changes were mostly limited to framework and hence didn't break with the older kernel.

That said, if you want to try this workaround, you can do the following:

1. download and unzip S0077A-update.zip to a directory on your computer

2. get fastboot binary if you don't already have it

3. reboot phone into bootloader mode

4. issue command "fastboot flash boot boot.img" from directory you extracted S0077A-update.zip into

-- if you want wifi to continue working you'll need to do the following:

5. reboot phone into recovery

6. mount /system from the recovery menu

7. issue command "adb push system/lib/modules/bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules/bcm4329.ko" from directory you extracted S0077A-update.zip

8. reboot into ICS

On a related note, for those of us who are interested in the source, will there be a release on something like GitHub?

EDIT: typos

Guest eggyenergy666

Have you tried this?

I'd love to but my laptop is at home and i'm at my girls for christmas so i dont have acces to my adb console, but thanks anyway bro!

Guest eggyenergy666
That's exactly what I'm doing right now, wait..

Update - Annnnnnnnnnd it works.

Hmm, is it posible to make an flasheble zip or is that to much to asknon a christmas day bro;)?

Tested the new build and it's by far the most awesome smoothness experience on the sensation right now. But this holiday i need the camera, so the phone to wake up when i need lol laugh.gif.

Anyways, you're a beast Trip, following you further!

Guest Arz Bhatia

Hmm, is it posible to make an flasheble zip or is that to much to asknon a christmas day bro;)?

You need fastboot for flashing the boot.img :( Flashable won't work !

Hey, i have problems with the browser. Is there any solution?post-950137-13248209414_thumb.png

It's a known issue. Use opera browser for the time being.

Guest eggyenergy666

You need fastboot for flashing the boot.img Flashable won't work !

Damn bro, thanks for your efford(: buuuuut if you still dont mind asking, do you have the kernel from last release before this one:3?

Edited by eggyenergy666

Guest Arz Bhatia

Damn bro, thanks for your efford(: buuuuut if you still dont mind asking, do you have the kernel from last release before this one:3?

Yes of course, the kernel is a part of the Boot.img, it's a part of the file called zImage. Extracting the boot.img is kind of hard therefore you need to fastboot the whole file and modules from the /system/lib/modules folder.

Guest staymunch

any one else's phone shut off after like 10 mins... its like the software shuts down but the phone is still on only solution is to battery pull then reboot... possibly just a bad flash

Guest eggyenergy666

Yes of course, the kernel is a part of the Boot.img, it's a part of the file called zImage. Extracting the boot.img is kind of hard therefore you need to fastboot the whole file and modules from the /system/lib/modules folder.

Hmm, that's pretty clear, but i dont have acces for 2 more days to my console, so thats why i asked for an kernal.zip you know, but i dont want to be anoying you by asking you this bro:(

Guest down4life

Is now ok with 77a kernel?

You need fastboot for flashing the boot.img :( Flashable won't work !

for sure you can make this! i already tried it with another project

but the "easiest" way is

download the s007 and the s008

then open both zips (with winrar,7z and so on)

and took the boot img from 007 to 008

then flash it ;)

and it works! ;)

there is the old boot.img ;)

i hope i helped :)

boot.img

Edited by sidy

Guest Arz Bhatia

To fix the Perma-Sleep Issue for now -

Download the old .77 kernel (Boot.img) with Modules - http://www.mediafire...75ntiytn4vcyju5

Replace the files with the current ones.

1. Fastboot flash the boot.img by getting into fastboot - Power Button + Vol.Down > Fastboot
  2. Use the command - Fastboot flash boot boot.img
  3. Replace the file in the system/lib/modules into the current system/lib/modules through a root file manager or adb push it by rebooting in to recovery and mounting the system, command for adb - adb push system\lib\modules\bcm4329.ko system/lib/modules/bcm4329.ko

Merry Christmas! :lol:

but the "easiest" way is

download the s007 and the s008

then open both zips (with winrar,7z and so on)

and took the boot img from 007 to 008

then flash it ;)

and it works! ;)

You forgot to copy the modules, the phone won't perform properly until you copy the content from /system/lib/modules from the .77 alpha ROM to the current one.

You forgot to copy the modules, the phone won't perform properly until you copy the content from /system/lib/modules from the .77 alpha ROM to the current one.

oh sry....

yes.... i made it but i didnt write it....

your own way are in summary the same...

yours is after flashing

mine is before flashing

:D