FAQ for the ZTE Skate

Guest tilal6991

Guest tilal6991

Hey everyone. This is a FAQ for the ZTE Skate. Please read this before you go off and post your problem on a new thread. If you don't read this first your thread may be deleted without warning.

So in this FAQ I will deal with:

Rooting

ClockworkMod flashing

Unlocking

Black screen during calls (i.e. proximity sensor)

Anything else - please ask.

So here goes:

Coming soon.

Guest dibbles

Excellent and well worth doing :)

What I would suggest is that you note in the unlocking process to replace the battery in the phone before trying to run the QPST utility to backup your qcn file. If that is not done then the phone will go into a boot loop and thus the file never gets backed up. In the first post of the unlocking guide in mentions removing the battery but I just leave mine in to enter bootloader mode (FTM) first ensuring that you remove the USB cable.

Also you might want to cover the use of TPT images and what you need to do within the "image" folder on the SD card.

I will add stuff as I think, if that's ok :)

Guest metal.mickey

Can you make it Noob friendly. Ive had no XP with QPST or adding a device to a port etc. When i stumbled on this bit i gave up, but other threads solved my probs. Also how to edit the prefs in ES file explorer to allow users to edit and find stuff thats at root level.

Good luck

MM

Guest Wacky.ddw

I will be looking forward to this because 90% of the time i have no clue what you guys are talking about. :D

Edited by Wacky.ddw