OSF2/TMV Rom wishlist

Guest admanirv

Guest snowbord

I can't help as mine don't arrive for another 7-10 days. It would be good to see if this does indeed work as the blade2 needs to be re-partitioned sooner or later.

Guest h4gster

would like to try this as I need more internal storage but its a big risk as we don't have roms that move the cache yet. Can you do one for TMV with a cache that works for markets please?

Edited by h4gster

Guest snowbord

I did put a request up in this thread;

Hopefully the scripts can be integrated soon so we can try these TPTs. These 2 points are crucial - repartitioning and redirection of cache/ as the extra storage completely transforms the phone if you ask me.

Edited by snowbord

Guest Amphoras

would like to try this as I need more internal storage but its a big risk as we don't have roms that move the cache yet. Can you do one for TMV with a cache that works for markets please?

Here's one for the Vivacity with the same sizes as above.

http://bit.ly/v2GXf5

MD5sum: 757b3845f61ceb2ca25f08797c7721a9

This one has 15MB cache which is what flibblesan recommended here:

160MB. System partition is 200MB so could be resized and the space given to data. Cache is 50MB so that could be reduced to 15MB.

If the TPT works but its not enough, its easy to make another one with a bit more space for cache.

Guest h4gster

This one has 15MB cache which is what flibblesan recommended here:

If the TPT works but its not enough, its easy to make another one with a bit more space for cache.

yep this works

Guest h4gster

yep this works, it choked and gave an insufficient memory error when market tried to reload all my apps after the install so I stopped market and used titanium to reload my apps. I have all the room I need now, thanks guys

Guest h4gster

yep this works, it choked and gave any insufficient memory error when market tried to reload all my apps after the install so I stopped market and used titanium to reload my apps. I have all the room I need now, thanks guys

Guest snowbord

Awesome news! Are you using the TMV or the OSF2?

Just need the cache/ redirect to RAM scripts to be part of the currently released ROMs now...

Edited by snowbord

Guest h4gster

Awesome news! Are you using the TMV or the OSF2?

Just need the cache/ redirect to RAM scripts to be part of the currently released ROMs now...

TMV and cache/ redirect to RAM scripts would make this phone perfect

Guest h4gster

Thanks :). Is that enough space for cache in the end, or do you think it needs more?

Thanks for your help. I used titanium as a work around so I think will wait for a ROM with cache/ redirect to RAM scripts before installing anything new.

Guest rijon99

I am using the partitioning with the 15mb cache on my TMV. It is good although some apps will not download eg. Angry birds which is 20mb+. Most other apps are fine.

Guest Simon O

I am using the partitioning with the 15mb cache on my TMV. It is good although some apps will not download eg. Angry birds which is 20mb+. Most other apps are fine.

you'll need to redirect the cache to /data

Try the script in this thread:

Guest snowbord

Amphoras:

Care to do a TPT with a 40 mb cache partition? Basically a TPT with usable cache/ and bigger data/ as I don't have the time to try and get the cache/ redirect to RAM or data working at present.

Thanks in advance mate.. development seems a bit low on the ground for these phones at the moment.. a bit of a pity really.. I'm pretty pleased with them so far.

Guest Amphoras

Amphoras:

Care to do a TPT with a 40 mb cache partition? Basically a TPT with usable cache/ and bigger data/ as I don't have the time to try and get the cache/ redirect to RAM or data working at present.

Thanks in advance mate.. development seems a bit low on the ground for these phones at the moment.. a bit of a pity really.. I'm pretty pleased with them so far.

Will do one later today if I don't forget.

Guest unrandomsam

Amphoras:

So you don't have 10 (Maximum) seconds ? But you have long enough to do a TPT and backup your rom and flash it. Get real.

Guest snowbord

So you don't have 10 (Maximum) seconds ? But you have long enough to do a TPT and backup your rom and flash it. Get real.

Mate I haven't done it before, plus I am having USB ADB driver issues, so with all due respect, no I do not have the time. Why don't you help us all out if you know what you are doing and can do this in such record time?

Merry Christmas.

Edited by snowbord