Battery?

Guest swisstourist

Guest jackal-sk

my friend bought 2 batteries for htc hd2, of which both were smaller capacity than noted on web site and lasted a questionable amount of time. his friend (i know him by the looks) bought 1 battery for his htc desire hd with the same result. it still can be a coincidence but knowing how dealextreme works, selling cheap utterly low quality products i wouldnt get my hopes high.

Your post just proved my point, thanks.

Store stocks some cheap chinese copy products != store stocks only cheap chinese copy products.

You may (or may not) have noticed I linked both genuine ones and third party.

Guest jackal-sk

Have you missed the wrong labeled capacity on all 3 batteries and the poor battery life ? I'm not trying to contradict you, just saying, be careful.

Edited by jackal-sk

Guest The Soup Thief

Ok - I'm gonna try one

I'm gonna get the cheapest one from DealExtreme http://www.dealextreme.com/p/replacement-3-7v-1250mah-battery-pack-for-zte-v880-u880-103830

For €3.58 I'm not expecting to be too impressed, but I'm only looking for something to get me out of a hole if I find myself away from home without my Tecknet power pack and needing to make a call after the original battery craps out. If it only has a bit of juice it will be better than nothing

Will let you know the outcome whenever it arrives (won't be soon!)

• 1 month later...
Guest The Soup Thief

I ordered that battery from Dealextreme on 13th December

It arrived YESTERDAY (!!) - that's about 6 weeks

Seems to be working just fine though

It's marked up as 1500mAh - very similar in appearance otherwise to the original

Won't be sure of performance til after a few charge / discharge cycles, but I'll report back

Guest Davidoff59

www.dealextreme.com/p/replacement-3-7v-1600mah-battery-for-zte-n73-n6-n880-f952-u880-v880-103530

The pack says 1700mah, DX says 1600mah then beside it, actual 1200mah.

extreme deal indeed.

Guest The Soup Thief

We've all ended up with crappy stuff dropping through our letter boxes after squirting a few pennies at Dealextreme

I was just a bit surprised to find that (after a ridiculously long wait) for this which cost only a few euros, it showed up and seems to do the job asked of it

After two days (and two charge / discharges) it seems fine. It discharges from 100 to 90% a bit quicker than the regular battery but then seems to last a good while (I'm at 40% now, while my old battery might tend to be a smidgin lower by this point in the day)

Maybe I need to recallibrate the battery or summink (though read an article recently claiming all that jazz was smoke and mirrors)

Anyway, anyone needing a cheap battery and not in a hurry should consider this

Guest Searcher2

I bought 2 replacement batteries in July 2011 from a UK seller on ebay and couldn't tell any difference in performance against the original. I charge the 2 and the original in rotation so use them equally. Recently my ZTE Blade has been rebooting seemingly at random and only occasionally and I feared I had a hardware problem with my ZTE Blade. After a while I started taking note of which batteries were in the Blade when it rebooted itself and sure enough the 2 replacement batteries were in the Blade in these instances. It has not failed with the original battery. On one hand I am pleased the Blade is not faulty but on the other I can't rely on your batteries as I use my Blade for GPS tracking and am not happy they are failing in less than 12 months. I guess the other alternative is that the replacements are slightly smaller and are losing contact - but this wouldn't explain them failing now but not 6 months ago.

Next time I would be looking for an original one. There are some on Ebay claiming to be and at reasonable prices.... whether they are or not is another matter.

EDIT : In fact I have just bought a genuine one taken from a retail San Fran from Ebay for £3.95. I reckon that's a safer bet over these copies. Item :

Edited by Searcher2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest The Soup Thief

So, get this...

I've been using the same CM7 KANG for the last 6 weeks or so (one from the end of Jan) and have taken my eye off the ball in terms of all the recent KANGs and the battery drain issues they've had

I flashed one of these without reading around enough and lo and behold found my charge level plummetting ridiculously quickly

I plugged the phone in and tried to reflash the rom I'd been using previously but in all the kerfuffle I've ended up utterly killing my original ZTE battery to the point at which it won't accept any charge

Fortunately I have a spare bought from dealextreme so I'm not completely goosed, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to rescue my currently shagged ZTE battery?

I half remember hearing that once lithium ion batteries are fully discharged they are beyond redemption - can anyone confirm if this is so?

Thanks

Guest ColdEmbrace

There is a belief on some Lithium Ion batteries if you plug the device onto charge and leave it say 8 - 12 hours it "wakes" the battery but I can't see that being true.

Guest Davidoff59

http://www.techatplay.com/?p=428

Fortunately, the risks are actually manageable with the use of proper smart chargers and safety cutoffs. On the same token, all bets are off in the presence of manufacturing defects, or where poorly designed safeguards are concerned. For example, attempting to recharge a lithium-ion battery after it falls below a certain low-voltage threshold is outright dangerous.

Some batteries therefore feature an internal safety circuit that will prevent charging when this happens – in effect rendering the battery permanently dead. For laptops, the circuit could be built into the laptops instead, since no computer manufacturers that I know create separate chargers for laptop batteries.

It is in view of the above facts that make it illogical to allow a lithium-ion battery to deplete before charging it up again. And yes, lithium-ion batteries have no memory effect; and you are actually risking permanent damage, or an explosion, by allowing a lithium-ion battery to deplete completely. This is the same reason why lithium-ion batteries always leaves the factory fully charged – and the advice by your friendly mobile phone salesperson to “charge for 8 hours before use” is a whole load of uninformed hogwash.

In fact, if you look around, you will probably notice that Apple designed iPods to shut down when the charge gets too low.  In the same vein, the folks over at RIM took the trouble to program my BlackBerry Bold so that it will arbitrarily disconnect from the mobile network when running out of battery.

Edited by Davidoff59

Guest The Soup Thief

Ahh well, you win some, you lose some...

Thanks for the very detailed explanation

FWIW, as your explanation would predict, I had the battery on charge for 12 hours or so overnight and no new life was breathed into it...

St Patrick's day was good thanks - only marginally bettered by the Bank Holiday monday in lieu today!

• 3 weeks later...