CyanogenMod 7.2 for ZTE Crescent / Blade2

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O

SO um yeah... I've* been working on a port of CM7 to the Crescent/Blade2 whatever you want to call it. Currently it does have a few bits not working so I'm not releasing this until it's fully working, sorry (I know some people will be sad about this and cry GPL violations but please understand that I don't need a thousand winzip jobs of this before it's fully working!)

Preview of process so far:

Currently I need to get WiFi, Bluetooth and proximity sensor working. After that I'll look at sorting the FM Radio app out which currently isn't working correctly. Everything else works.. so far.

If you want to contribute to this by fixing bugs and you know what you are doing, please do so. But really only if you do know what you are doing. Thanks.

* with assistance from HCDRJacob lol

Guest HCDR.Jacob

SO um yeah... I've* been working on a port of CM7 to the Crescent/Blade2 whatever you want to call it. Currently it does have a few bits not working so I'm not releasing this until it's fully working, sorry (I know some people will be sad about this and cry GPL violations but please understand that I don't need a thousand winzip jobs of this before it's fully working!)

Currently I need to get WiFi, Bluetooth and proximity sensor working. After that I'll look at sorting the FM Radio app out which currently isn't working correctly. Everything else works.. so far.

If you want to contribute to this by fixing bugs and you know what you are doing, please do so. But really only if you do know what you are doing. Thanks.

If anyone cries GPL violation then they're a freaking idiot

Guest Simon O

Doesn't the gpl only kick in when its no longer made a private mod (eg a release candidate)? Anyway top work flibblesan.

I don't know. It was just a joke anway :D

Full device config is on github anyway. As I work on the config it'll be updated and anyone can submit fixes if they want to.

Guest Simon O

Sadly no. I've not had much time the last few days but I'm still trying to get the wifi blobs working with CM7. I have the assistance of another CyanogenMod developer now so hopefully things will improve. Once I get things fully working and the port is official, I can worry about CyanogenMod 9.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Any updates mate?

I'm still at the very early stages of actually making a ROM, i have a lot of learning to do.

Yeah I'd like to know if you'll be releasing an alpha/beta flibble?

Guest Simon O

Status update: I need to take some time out to deal with some personal stuff but I won't abandon this at all. Very few things need to be fixed but I really must fix wifi before I release anything. Soon I hope to have some assistance with the port so once the remaining bugs are fixed I'll release a ROM then get the port merged into CM so we get an official CyanogenMod 7.2 release. Then the fun starts all over again with CyanogenMod 9.

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

Status update: I need to take some time out to deal with some personal stuff but I won't abandon this at all. Very few things need to be fixed but I really must fix wifi before I release anything. Soon I hope to have some assistance with the port so once the remaining bugs are fixed I'll release a ROM then get the port merged into CM so we get an official CyanogenMod 7.2 release. Then the fun starts all over again with CyanogenMod 9.

Really appreciate you keeping us updated and putting your time into doing this. Hope your personal stuff is alright.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mazighi

hello mate, i would love to contribute to fixing the bug and finishing the last touches of the cyanogen mod 7.2 for zte crescent

just email me it and il be happily helping you.

[email protected]

Guest Simon O

If anyone wants to help me on this or just wants to build it, you can find my WIP config at https://github.com/flibblesan/android_device_zte_blade2

To build you'll need to follow a guide such as the one for the Blade here but make some small changes:

When you have cloned the CyanogenMod repo you also need to merge in my device config into the same folder. Then download this archive which will overwrite some cyanogenmod configs to add blade2 as a build option: http://www.mediafire.com/?tel67wwamqlkh16

extract this into the folder containing the cyanogenmod7 code you downloaded. This should populate vendor/zte/blade2 and replaced two files in vendor/cyanogen

Also in the archive there is my kernel config if you want to build a kernel. You can use the code provided by Tom_G to do this at https://github.com/TomGiordano/kernel_zte_blade

If you are following the guide to building then the very last command needs changing to

. build/envsetup.sh && brunch blade2

I'll try and get an alpha build uploaded with broken wifi so people can have a taste of things. Although I have an idea to get wifi working.. fingers crossed.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ROMZERO

Hi flibble,

Hows the port coming along? the broken wifi etc doesnt bother me.patiently awaiting your upload here

thanks

If anyone wants to help me on this or just wants to build it, you can find my WIP config at https://github.com/f...vice_zte_blade2

To build you'll need to follow a guide such as the one for the Blade here but make some small changes:

When you have cloned the CyanogenMod repo you also need to merge in my device config into the same folder. Then download this archive which will overwrite some cyanogenmod configs to add blade2 as a build option: http://www.mediafire...tel67wwamqlkh16

extract this into the folder containing the cyanogenmod7 code you downloaded. This should populate vendor/zte/blade2 and replaced two files in vendor/cyanogen

Also in the archive there is my kernel config if you want to build a kernel. You can use the code provided by Tom_G to do this at https://github.com/T...ernel_zte_blade

If you are following the guide to building then the very last command needs changing to

. build/envsetup.sh && brunch blade2

I'll try and get an alpha build uploaded with broken wifi so people can have a taste of things. Although I have an idea to get wifi working.. fingers crossed.

Edited by ROMZERO

Hello I was able to build your work and get it booting on my device, working to the state you suggest above. Sadly none of my previously built kernels from Tom's github work. Nore does the stock kernel from my device. Is yours actually built from the CM source or what am I missing?

Thanks

Edit thanks to h3sp4wn on IRC for noticing I needed CONFIG_VMSPLIT_3G. Now my OC kernel boots :)

Edited by MCZQ