[ROM] TXG (CM6.1 mod), updated 2012 02 02

Guest twrock

Am, u didn't read the whole post?

I'm using my own setup of the cm6 rom and I use that script that I posted you. So far it's my favorite combination.

I did read the whole post, but I'm not running CM6.1, so I can't tell you if it helped or not. When I did try it for a very short time, I didn't notice any difference. But it was a very short time, so there is nothing conclusive about that. I'd like to be able to figure out what all his script does, but it is too complicated for me to understand. Other scripts I've looked at either have detailed comments to help others understand or are simple enough to look through it all.

Another problem with understanding these things is that the guys making the scripts (there are many of them), do it all differently and have very different setups than we do. Most are working with phones with a lot more ram and cpu power and are running CM7. So if that particular script works well for you, that is really good. Our phone is very limited in ram and CPU (without overclocking).

If I go back to CM6, I'll definitely test it out some more. But I really like using FTB, so I am not very motivated to use CM6. Have you made other modifications besides that script? I ask because you said "I'm using my own setup of the cm6 rom." If you have other changes as well, it will be important to know those in order to duplicate your results.

Amm... I do have lots of random changes, I don't even remember them all. I know I had a looong conversation with toti about this rom and modified a few things then that boosted my phone a little and didn't lose anything. I used some "patches and fixes" I found around modaco, but not all of them.

To be honest I really don't remember, cause it was done mainly in May and some other stuff over the summer and I've been going forward and backward with nandroid backups since then. Haven't done a fresh install of the cm6 since Feb (I think).

Amm... I do have lots of random changes, I don't even remember them all. I know I had a looong conversation with toti about this rom and modified a few things then that boosted my phone a little and didn't lose anything. I used some "patches and fixes" I found around modaco, but not all of them.

To be honest I really don't remember, cause it was done mainly in May and some other stuff over the summer and I've been going forward and backward with nandroid backups since then. Haven't done a fresh install of the cm6 since Feb (I think).

:lol: LOL. So how can anyone duplicate it if you don't know what you did? ;)

I haven't decided what I'm going to do with my time off next week. Maybe I'll get back to this rom and do some tweaking. I'm becoming very curious about OOM levels and what can be done with those.

Ah, so many roms; so little time. :)

Guest EgyptoBoy

hey twrock i installed this rom and its pretty fast and stable with launcher pro

any way i have a small issue when i received any data via Bluetooth from another android phone and try to open it from my notification bar my phone restart it self how can i fix this

thank you

hey twrock i installed this rom and its pretty fast and stable with launcher pro

any way i have a small issue when i received any data via Bluetooth from another android phone and try to open it from my notification bar my phone restart it self how can i fix this

thank you

I have no idea. Maybe you found a new bug in the CM6.1 port. I don't think I've done anything special to cause that in this mod. Maybe others who also use that feature will respond and be more helpful to you with some ideas.

And unfortunately I don't have the necessary skills to fix that kind of problem. I am not a programmer.

Guest jayneck

Ok, I done some research and edited the build.prop file in /system... after a reboot I'll sse if it works... thanks though... keep the good work fellows...

to twrock: (or anyone else for that matter :P )

How can I change in this ROM my specific model number?

I have u8230 and need to change because some apps didn't want to to install properly...

Do I need to edit something on some file?

Thanks so much for your work...

Edited by jayneck

Guest Hypnotical

Hello i have a problem with this ROM. The phone is very slow, reboot often, but i can't reboot or shut down manualy, because every time i press power buton show message: "Activity ADW.Launcher (in process android.process.acore) is not responding". Also can't reboot via ROM Manager - "An error occured while attempting to run privileg commands". Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!

Regards!

Deyan

Hello i have a problem with this ROM. The phone is very slow, reboot often, but i can't reboot or shut down manualy, because every time i press power buton show message: "Activity ADW.Launcher (in process android.process.acore) is not responding". Also can't reboot via ROM Manager - "An error occured while attempting to run privileg commands". Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!

Regards!

Deyan

Well, that's not typical for this rom. There have been a lot of installations of this rom by others who are running it without those problems. But without a lot more information, everything I could tell you will just be a guess. But here is my suggestion, assuming you have a U8220.

Go back to the first post and go through the instructions very carefully. Do everything as I suggested to install this rom. That includes making sure you have used the official UK 2010 update prior to trying to install this rom. (There is a link in that first post for the 2010 UK update; that is not the UK update from 2011.) Also, did you do a full factory reset prior to attempting to install the rom?

Again, I can only suggest you start all over and follow the instructions precisely. Unless you can tell me a lot more about information, that is all I can offer.

Guest welly123

Dear Twrock

I tried this rom it is really great, BUT the arabic support file is not compatible with this rom, after installing it the arabic letters apear as boxes.

I hope you can fix this to allow me to enjoy your great, stable and fast rom.

best regards :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear you (and Dante) are having problems. I didn't experience those, but I only used this rom for a short time. I maybe should run this rom again for a longer time to see I start to experience those problems.

But it would be helpful to know more details about your setup and settings. It's hard to try to be helpful when there is so little information. Particularly consider giving details about the following:

• SD card setup (what Class, partition details, etc.)
  • Any setting related to CPU and memory management, particularly anything you have set different than stock (CPU speed and governor settings, swappiness, lowmem settings, JIT, compcache, vm head, etc.)
  • Any settings related to Apps2SD (run "a2sd check" and tell us what is "on")
  • Any third-party apps you are running that might have anything to do with any of the above.
  • Were you running any CM6.1 based rom before, and did you have any of these problem?

Sorry for late responce been away from home, SD class2 partition in sig, no setcpu,default kernel, not sure if any apps were messing with system, was running flb-mob only had the ocasional slow down, not often though it ran ok. I'M gonna do a fresh install of this rom and see what happens.

Edit> I to like Hypnotical was getting the process.acore fc

Edit> after reinstall of rom, market was messing around, tried to download a few apps from market and kept getting (not enought space on device) also updates were failing, then all of a suddon it began workng :huh:

but overall responce is good now feels better than before, dont know why though, will see how it goes.

Thanks for your work.

Edited by twics

Dear Twrock

I tried this rom it is really great, BUT the arabic support file is not compatible with this rom, after installing it the arabic letters apear as boxes.

I hope you can fix this to allow me to enjoy your great, stable and fast rom.

best regards :rolleyes:

What? Over in the Arabic support thread you told me it was working! (http://android.modac...ost__p__1862190) :huh:

Please continue this discussion in that thread. (http://android.modac...cussion-thread/)

Edit: A new version of the Arabic patch has been added to the first post of this thread. I believe that the files in the original version were correct. That was not the problem. It seems the problem was with the installation script. Of course that is just an educated guess. ;) Until others install this and confirm, I won't know for sure. Edit: confirmed working.

Edited by twrock

Guest welly123

Dear Twrock

Thank you for this perfect rom (TXG-TW 0.6) especially the excellant arabic support files

I have an issue with the browser and the market, which is failure to start download files. For the browser I installed Dolphin browser and the problem was solved when I use Dolphin to download files, For the Market I tried to reinstall different versions but the problem still present. I hope you can help me in this issue

Best regards :)

Hi Twrock

Not sure if this is known issue but I cant seem to find (Adobe flash player) in the market, but I can find it on my other phone using the same version market 3,4,4 also when using youtube app when a video starts playing it always crashes 3-4 seconds into the video but the sound keeps playing even when you navigate back to home screen, I have to pull the battery to stop the sound or just wait for it to finish.

Im using TXG06 I had the same issues with previous rom.

Guest welly123

Hi Twrock

Not sure if this is known issue but I cant seem to find (Adobe flash player) in the market, but I can find it on my other phone using the same version market 3,4,4 also when using youtube app when a video starts playing it always crashes 3-4 seconds into the video but the sound keeps playing even when you navigate back to home screen, I have to pull the battery to stop the sound or just wait for it to finish.

Im using TXG06 I had the same issues with previous rom.

Hi twics

allow me to help you, I had the same problem and succeeded to solve it by downloading the adobe flash player 10.1.

Here is a direct link to download it:

https://sites.google.com/site/androidcampus911/flash_player10.1armv6android.apk?attredirects=0

best regards

Guest welly123

Hay Welly thanks for your help mate, do have the youtube crashing too? I dont see anyone else mention it.

hi twics

yes, but this (adobe player 10.1) fixed it to me and I hope it will do it for you

hi twics

yes, but this (adobe player 10.1) fixed it to me and I hope it will do it for you

Still having probs with youtube only difference is it seems to be ok once I view it in portrate but as soon as I tilt phone to landscape view it will freez but sound keeps playing, when I backout I get FC (force close, wait, report) if I select FC it still plays sound, have to pull battery to stop it.

Edit> I have another problem, pull battery cause phone locked up now when I plug it in charger it just shows T-Mobile screen (LOOP) It wont get to the Android load screen.:(

Edit>NVM I got it working but had to pull charger out untill the Android load screen appeared, then the t-mobile boot loop stoped.

Edited by twics

Guest spikeh

I noticed something significant while playing with WiFi settings last night: the "bug" of WiFi turning off when the phone is sleeping/standby is not actually a bug at all! It's a feature called "Wi-Fi sleep policy" which is by default set to "When screen turns off". When set to "Never", the WiFi will remain on - even when the phone is sleeping/standby!

To do this, go into Wireless & network settings -> W-Fi settings -> Press Menu -> Advanced -> Wi-Fi sleep policy. Set to "Never".

@twrock: I'm now working in China and would like to use Chinese handwriting (it lets me search for unknown characters in a dictionary) but I'm using an earlier version of your mod without Chinese IME support. I've gone and installed ChsPack.apk for Pin Yin input using TouchPal but I can't get the Calla HandWriting.apk to work. After I install it, it appears and I can set it as the input, but no response when I try and write stuff (the QWERTY keyboard works fine though). Any ideas if it's possible to use it without reflashing your specific Chinese IME version of the mod?

Guest twrock

I noticed something significant while playing with WiFi settings last night: the "bug" of WiFi turning off when the phone is sleeping/standby is not actually a bug at all! It's a feature called "Wi-Fi sleep policy" which is by default set to "When screen turns off". When set to "Never", the WiFi will remain on - even when the phone is sleeping/standby!

To do this, go into Wireless & network settings -> W-Fi settings -> Press Menu -> Advanced -> Wi-Fi sleep policy. Set to "Never".

@twrock: I'm now working in China and would like to use Chinese handwriting (it lets me search for unknown characters in a dictionary) but I'm using an earlier version of your mod without Chinese IME support. I've gone and installed ChsPack.apk for Pin Yin input using TouchPal but I can't get the Calla HandWriting.apk to work. After I install it, it appears and I can set it as the input, but no response when I try and write stuff (the QWERTY keyboard works fine though). Any ideas if it's possible to use it without reflashing your specific Chinese IME version of the mod?

It is considered a bug because the Wifi is supposed to turn off when the phone sleeps. The problem is not that it turns off (which is a good thing that saves battery), but that it won't reconnect when you wake the phone. (And I wish I knew enough about programming to figure out how to fix it in the rom, but in the mean time, the Blade Wifi Fix works well.)

Without more details, I can't tell you why your installation of Hanvon Calla won't work. But you need four files, the one APK in /system and the three library files in /system/lib. And of course because those files are fairly large, you need to have enough room to put them there without overfilling /system.

Guest twrock

Dear Twrock

Thank you for this perfect rom (TXG-TW 0.6) especially the excellant arabic support files

I have an issue with the browser and the market, which is failure to start download files. For the browser I installed Dolphin browser and the problem was solved when I use Dolphin to download files, For the Market I tried to reinstall different versions but the problem still present. I hope you can help me in this issue

Best regards :)

Did you figure this out yet? I'm not sure why you are having problems. I do not have those problems with this rom. The Market works perfectly for me.

Suggestions for you to consider:

1. Which official update did you use? (I use the old Tre 2.1 update, which has an even larger /system than the 2010 UK update.)

2. Of course the Arabic support install files adds to the size of /system. So if you are using TXG-TW, you already have less space because of the Chinese support files in /system. Then you have added even more files with Arabic support. Maybe you are out of space?

3. Did you wipe before installing this rom?

4. Install an app that lets you delete the cache and data of the Market app. Then see if it works after that. Android System Info is one such app.

Edited by twrock

Guest JRMatias

Dear twrock,

All the best for 2012 and for this TXG 2012 ROM.

I own a U8230/a1 stock 2.1 and I'm pretty much looking for the deserved upgrade to Android 2.2.

A short time ago dived into the Mod World, installing a CM6.1 AIO v5 Mod, and was able to workaround all the issues with the U8220 ROM.

Unfortunately the Mod ROM was not able to work correctly with my bluetooth Car Kit, so I had to rollback to the stock 2.1 ROM.

Basically, the BT pairing was correctly done and I was able to use the hands-free device, but the Phonebook transfer was never executed.

Using hcidump I was able to trace that obex is used and a response status 406 was issued to the request, instead of the 200 in the 2.1 stock ROM.

I would like to know is if the TXG CM61RC2 ROM supports the PBAP "Phone Book Access Profile" over bluetooth, or is there anyway I can activate this feature if I start using TXG.

Thanks for your time supporting this ROM and device.

JRMatias

Edited by JRMatias