[ROM] TXG (CM6.1 mod), updated 2012 02 02

Guest twrock

Totally off topic, but funny nonetheless. (At least to me it's funny.)

My Ubuntu 10.10 just updated to Linux kernel 2.6.35-32 today, and guess what? After reboot, my Wifi was dead. I had to revert to 2.6.35-31 to get it working again. :lol:

why so ancient ubuntu? For kernel gingerbread compatibility? :-)

I use 11.10 and it runs 3.0 kernel (wifi is allright :-))

why so ancient ubuntu? For kernel gingerbread compatibility? :-)

I use 11.10 and it runs 3.0 kernel (wifi is allright :-))

I've got a Broadcom wifi chip. More often than not, the "latest" Ubuntu upgrade kills it (case in point), and it takes long waits for someone to find the workaround. In addition, I don't like Unity, so I haven't bothered with an upgrade since 10.10. But, yes, eventually I'll update when support runs out.

I've got a Broadcom wifi chip. More often than not, the "latest" Ubuntu upgrade kills it (case in point), and it takes long waits for someone to find the workaround. In addition, I don't like Unity, so I haven't bothered with an upgrade since 10.10. But, yes, eventually I'll update when support runs out.

I agree on unitu - I reverted back to gnome ui myself - it's possible

OFF

just to have a full "evolution" of ubuntu's I have 11.04 and still using gnome :)

I downloaded the nightly of 12.04 a few minutes ago. I'm throwing it on a USB stick to give it a spin. "Full evolution" indeed!

But at the moment, my system usage really is "old-school": Ubuntu 10.10, Android 2.1 (FTB), and Windows XP. :P

Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. :lol:

But at the moment, my system usage really is "old-school": ... Android 2.1 (FTB)

we should move further if we want to stay afloat.

many apps has dropped 2.1 support already. Voice search is only available for example on froyo and better. I see no point to loose this feature for example.

http://developer.and...m-versions.html

Android 2.1 share is coming to zero (8% in the moment). That means no one will consider it as a platform anymore if not already. 1.5 Cupcake is dead (<1%). Even 2.2 is shrinking (30%). We can stay for awhile with 2.3.

I checked devices in prime mobile carrier shop - nearly all got upgraded to 2.3.

But expect 4.0 ICS quick adoption on the market...

Edit:

this is for comparison - how 2.3 has started.

http://www.tekpages....oyo-crosses-60/

Edited by pier11

many apps has dropped 2.1 support already. Voice search is only available for example on froyo and better. I see no point to loose this feature for example.

Android 2.1 share is coming to zero (8% in the moment). 1.5 Cupcake is dead (<1%). Even 2.2 is shrinking (30%). We can stay for awhile with 2.3.

I checked devices in prime mobile carrier shop - nearly all got upgraded to 2.3.

Apps like voice search aren't quite the problem as the killing if out of memory (there is voice search that works on 2.1 and there are tweaks or even other apps that combined with the original make them work like the updated version).

My brother has an x8 with original software (2.1) and today he overslept for work because the system killed his alarm clock. It happened before to me with the pulse so that's when I started to look for a way the alarm not to be killed at all (once it even killed updating the time in the system).

So that's why I transferred on 2.2 and probably would make my brother beg me to root his phone and install android > 2.1

Android 2.1 share is coming to zero (8% in the moment). That means no one will consider it as a platform anymore if not already. 1.5 Cupcake is dead (<1%). Even 2.2 is shrinking (30%). We can stay for awhile with 2.3.

Edit:

this is for comparison - how 2.3 has started.

http://www.tekpages....oyo-crosses-60/

This is the way it will always be. I am really excited that you and others are working hard to get 2.3 working well. I very much hope you succeed, even more than Tom did with 2.2.

But at the moment, 2.1 with a few modifications (FTB) really is doing everything I want it to, and doing it very well indeed. Add to that that it has be best battery life I've seen, definitely better than the 2.2 roms we have, and it is working just the way I want. I put up with the rare acore warning, but other than that, it is better than 2.2, for me. Yeah, I'd like to be able to update to the latest and greatest CW RomManager, but even there, I don't feel like I'm missing any functionality I need.

Don't get me wrong, if I had the requisite skills, I'd definitely be right in there with the rest of you all trying to get CM7.2 working even better. I'd love to be able to upgrade to 2.3 or later, as long as I don't have to sacrifice basic functionality and battery life. (Things like how many fps in 3D the rom gets is of no interest to me, but battery life is extremely high on my priority list.) But since I don't have any real programming skills, I can only wait and cheer you on. :D

As we say in Chinese, "Jia You"! (加油)

No I haven't tried that. Since Blade Wifi Fix is a reasonable workaround, I left it at that.

But I will say that in my testing of Pier's CM7.2 rom, it has a reconnection bug that Blade Wifi Fix doesn't solve. So I'm not so sure about using parts of that rom to fix this one. But I suppose anything is worth a try. ;)

Please try it.

On the CM6 rom (usual kernel .29) which I compiled for testing my camera works, I have had the wifi reconnection bug too. After exchanging wpa_supplicant with the one from cm72-u8220-with-camera.zip (see my libcamera thread), the bug was gone.

I believe the same would fix the bug in your ROM. The wpa_supplicant of cm7.2 seems to be a perfect match to ar6000.ko for kernel .29! It doesn't work well with kernel .32 though, where ar6000.ko was exchanged. This explains what you observed with pier's rom.

Please try it.

On the CM6 rom (usual kernel .29) which I compiled for testing my camera works, I have had the wifi reconnection bug too. After exchanging wpa_supplicant with the one from cm72-u8220-with-camera.zip (see my libcamera thread), the bug was gone.

I believe the same would fix the bug in your ROM. The wpa_supplicant of cm7.2 seems to be a perfect match to ar6000.ko for kernel .29! It doesn't work well with kernel .32 though, where ar6000.ko was exchanged. This explains what you observed with pier's rom.

Replaced wpa_supplicant and deleted Blade Wifi Fix from the rom. (I wanted to make sure there were no other influences.)

Installed and booted.

Connected to wifi, and put the phone in my pocket for 20 minutes of football watching (Man U vs. Liverpool).

Powered on the phone....., wifi had been dropped....., wait for it......, SUCCESS! :D Wifi re-enables without any intervention.

Excellent diagnostic work, good Doctor.

I'll test some more, but the initial test should be enough.

Thanks!

Edited by twrock

I'll test some more, but the initial test should be enough.

Thanks!

That's great news! Even though most people may be looking at CM7 now, I think froyo based roms are still a very good option for the pulse, as they run relatively smooth. So, (hopefully) eliminating one of the few remaining bugs there is a fine thing!

:)

For those who have not yet moved on to CM7.2, the next version of this rom have been uploaded. Click to download:

TXG07

TXG-TW07 *NOTE: TXG-TW requires a /system partition of over 100mb. So you need to either update to the Tre or CHT8000 official roms before installing TXG-TW07.

At the moment, I'm not updating the first post without at least some feedback from someone that everything it working. So please let me know what you find.

Changelog:

• Replaced wpa_supplicant (from CM7.2) to finally correct the wifi reconnection bug! (Thanks dr.flo)
  • Reduced the wifi.supplicant_scan_interval back to 30 in build.prop (loses a little battery, but 60 seconds is a long wait)
  • Deleted Blade Wifi Fix (no longer needed)
  • Updated apps: AndExplorer, QuickPic, Terminal Emulator, Google Search, Google Maps, No-frills CPU Control, ROM Manager

Edited by twrock

Guest szempek555

Hi I have tested your new TXG-TW07 rom and I think I have found a bug atleast its not working for me when I try to install apk phone just freezes and reboots but not at all apk but some it does but those were good on you other rom. 

Edited by szempek555

Hi I have tested your new TXG-TW07 rom and I think I have found a bug atleast its not working for me when I try to install apk phone just freezes and reboots but not at all apk but some it does but those were good on you other rom.

Can you please tell me the steps you took to install the rom, as specifically as possible?

Are the apps you are trying to install from the Market, or are you installing from you SD card?

I would initially suggest that you try wiping cache, but it could be other things.

Edit: I'm quite sure it is not a bug in the rom. I have tested by doing a fresh install of the rom, and I can install multiple apps from the Market and from SD card without any problems.

Edit2: Ah, I think I might have it figured out. I am using the Tre rom as my base update. Tre has 110mb /system partition. due to some apps growing in size, it looks like TXG-TW07 has just pushed past the 100mb size. If that is true, then TXG-TW will no longer fit into the UK2010 /system partition. (TXG will fit, because it does not have the Chinese handwriting IME.)

I can go back in and see what else I can remove or move to /data to reduce the size, but that will take some time to do and test. If you want to get things working now, you can flash the Tre (or CHT8000) update, and then reinstall this rom.

Sorry about that.

Edited by twrock

Guest Jorgemongan

I try to install this rom and apperars that error

Verifying update package...

E: Missing file:

System/bin/backuptool.sh

E: Verification failed

Installation aborted

I'm from Argentina and I have installed "Official Movilnet 2.1 ROM"

Edited by Jorgemongan

Guest Freon35

For those who have not yet moved on to CM7.2, the next version of this rom have been uploaded. Click to download:

TXG07

TXG-TW07 *NOTE: TXG-TW requires a /system partition of over 100mb. So you need to either update to the Tre or CHT8000 official roms before installing TXG-TW07.

At the moment, I'm not updating the first post without at least some feedback from someone that everything it working. So please let me know what you find.

Changelog:

• Replaced wpa_supplicant (from CM7.2) to finally correct the wifi reconnection bug! (Thanks dr.flo)
  • Reduced the wifi.supplicant_scan_interval back to 30 in build.prop (loses a little battery, but 60 seconds is a long wait)
  • Updated apps: AndExplorer, QuickPic, Terminal Emulator, Google Search, Google Maps, No-frills CPU Control, ROM Manager

Installed TRE on 8220 - then recovery 3.1.0.1 - your modded ROM, dtapps2sd after ROM, recover my app-s via titanium recovery - for now ROM is fast & excellent.

I did remove some of the app-s, and installed mine, but that's user tweaking :)

Cheers great ROM!

I try to install this rom and apperars that error

Verifying update package...

E: Missing file:

System/bin/backuptool.sh

E: Verification failed

Installation aborted

I'm from Argentina and I have installed "Official Movilnet 2.1 ROM"

I have gone back and verified that there is no reference in this rom's update script to "backuptool.sh". That is something that is referenced in most CM based roms update script, but I have removed all references to it in this rom from the first time I uploaded it (version 05).

Are you absolutely sure you have downloaded this rom (TXG07) and are installing it without any modifications on your part?

I have no explanation of how it is possible for you to see that error if you are installing the TXG rom that I uploaded. If it happens for you, it should be happening for everyone who tries to install it.

Installed TRE on 8220 - then recovery 3.1.0.1 - your modded ROM, dtapps2sd after ROM, recover my app-s via titanium recovery - for now ROM is fast & excellent.

I did remove some of the app-s, and installed mine, but that's user tweaking :)

Cheers great ROM!

I'm glad it is working for you.

However, you do not need to install DT Apps2SD as an extra step when installing this rom. It is already part of the rom. But installing it again should do no harm.

Enjoy.

Guest mustafa_ale

TXG07

Changelog:

Good Job

next step how about GPS icon on status bar, cant u replaced somethings from 7.2 to improve it :D

Good Job

next step how about GPS icon on status bar, cant u replaced somethings from 7.2 to improve it :D

That would be great! Please send me the correct file when you find it. :lol:

Who knows, maybe dr.flo will take some time away from 7.2 development to work on it. I know I can't. :(

Did you install TXG07 or TXG-TW07? Can you confirm all is OK? Jorgemongen surprised me with his post, and I want to make sure everything is working well before I update the first post.

It looks like there have been about 40 total downloads so far. So anyone who has installed either version, please confirm which rom you installed and if everything went OK. I want to add it to the first post as soon as I get some confirmations. Thanks.

Guest mustafa_ale

That would be great! Please send me the correct file when you find it. :lol:

Who knows, maybe dr.flo will take some time away from 7.2 development to work on it. I know I can't. :(

Did you install TXG07 or TXG-TW07? Can you confirm all is OK? Jorgemongen surprised me with his post, and I want to make sure everything is working well before I update the first post.

It looks like there have been about 40 total downloads so far. So anyone who has installed either version, please confirm which rom you installed and if everything went OK. I want to add it to the first post as soon as I get some confirmations. Thanks.

hows if u ask to dr. flo :D

already Install this ROM

- Installation from Recovery - OK (no problem)

- wifi - Automatic reconnect after idle time, working now ( great job!!! )

No weather in clock app! Sometimes phone FC various apps.

Can't help you with the clock app.

But for FC's, sometimes they happen. Here are three ideas to reduce them.

1. Don't install apps you don't use.

2. Enable Zipalign by entering this in Terminal:

su

a2sd zipalign

Reboot

3. In ROM Manager, tap "Fix Permissions". After it is done, reboot.

Edited by twrock