flyingalan

Skype/Flash on TMV

11 posts in this topic

As complete new stranger to Android phones, I am using a T Mobile Vivacity and have downloaded and installed Skype.

Despite Skype website saying Android version now supported video, on my Vivacity it seems video is not supported despite it having a front facing camera.

Can this really be true, if so what is point of fitting front facing camera to the phone ?

Is their any fix/solution (or likely to be) ?

Have searched web but cannot find any help.

Sorry if this seems dumb question but am suprised a latest phone with 2.3 did not fully support Skype out of the box.

It also seems that flash support for iPlayer is not present.

If I try to install Flash from Adobe site , it says device not supported.

Why would new phone with Android 2.3 not support flash and iPlayer ?

Have managed messy fix by using Skyfire browser with video upgrade but not really a nice solution.

Anyone know how to get correct flash support onto this phone.

I did seem to manage to download and install Flash 10.3 from a website but iPlayer still says no flash player installed despite it showing present in apps list.

Thanks for any help/advice to noobie.

Try downloading/installing Google+ and then make/join a hangout, I think that's more what it was designed for but you're right, Skype should really work with it, just blame them, maybe they're only supporting HTC, Samsung, etc

iPlayer;

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1243731

You may need to find a 3G activated version as this one may only work over WiFi. Do post your findings here.

Thanks to both for trying to help.

I am using wifi anyway.

I have downloaded and installed manually flash 10.2 and 10.3 from web site given.

They each showed installed, I tested from Adobe web site and it said flash 10.3 installed on my device so seems install was ok but still iPlayer tells me I need flash.

Have tried rebooting and removing/replacing battery, still the same.

Using the iPlayer app sugested seemed to install OK but when I try to play something I just get a black screen where picture should be.

Too bad, this seemed a nice phone for price but strange it does not seem to support popular uk apps like iPlayer and Skype correctly.

Guess I will give up and return for credit.

thanks for all help

Alan

Edited by flyingalan

No Skype? Are you serious? LOL!

:lol:

No thanks. I'm so happy I steered clear.

There is no reason to use skype unless its on the 3 network (or its free)

Otherwise might as well just use sip or Google talk.

There is no reason to use skype unless its on the 3 network (or its free)

Otherwise might as well just use sip or Google talk.

For those interested I have stumbled upon a fix for the speakerphone issue that skype has, meaning yo cannot turn off speakerphone. use the link below and enjoy it works for me. smile.gif

https://rapidshare.c...586954103D2|0|0

Still no video but at least you have privacy.

Edited by JohnnyZTE

For those interested I have stumbled upon a fix for the speakerphone issue that skype has, meaning yo cannot turn off speakerphone. use the link below and enjoy it works for me. smile.gif

https://rapidshare.c...586954103D2|0|0

Still no video but at least you have privacy.

Been looking for a fix for that, many thanks

Been looking for a fix for that, many thanks

You are welcome. smile.gif

i PLayer Flashplayer

It has taken me a little while to get the right combination of flashplayer and i Player, but it does work quite well on the home wifi, with my OSFII. I suspect results will depend on how close you are to a reliable connection as it cuts out if I wander to far from the router. I used adobe 10.2.157.340 and the iplayer download from the rapidshare link. I am still struggling to get webcams to play. It tells me I need to install adobe flash; it must mean a version which is compatible. Oh well. I wish there was a little more cooperation between these folks. It's only rocket science.