[FAQ] Rooting for beginners. [UPDATED 24-02-13]

Guest Wacky.ddw

Guest Wacky.ddw

>>>> LINKS ARE BACK ONLINE <<<<

This package will not break your wifi, i made a mirror.

If you allready used the wrong package and your wifi isnt working anymore, just flash back your original boot.img partition like mentioned in the tutorial.

Or restore your clockworkmod backup from before your rooted, and do it again with the new package.

>>>> I UPDATED THE TUTORIAL <<<<

Some things should be easyer to understand. I updated the rooting explaination, changed the TPT part and added a video and i added links to new roms :)

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest Wacky.ddw

so in the part 2 there is a link and a mirror are all 2 the same package or only the mirror link?

Its all the same package :) just restore your clockworkmod backup if you have one and run the package again. Or just flash the boot.img from your backup.

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Its all the same package :) just restore your clockworkmod backup if you have one and run the package again. Or just flash the boot.img from your backup.

hi

they do the same thing brick the wifi i had to flash the boot , but initial screen was cool "google" can you tell me how can i change the orange screen to that? 

Edited by hacrn

Guest sleazy_diamond

Hi. I realise my problem may be a windows problem but my computer cannot find the android_winusb.inf driver from the google usb folder. Have tried several times but im getting nowhere, windows fails to see it. Have followed the instructions to the letter.

Any tips on what to do would be great.

Thanks

The exact same thing has happened to me. My computer cant find the android_winusb.inf from the google usb folder. can anyone help?? (im using windows 7)

Has anyone got a solution for this as I'm experiencing the same thing? And it doesn't come under as Android or USB not recognised but comes under Computer Name > ASUS Android Devices > ASUS Android Bootloader Interface

Hi everyone

New here and thanks to your help I have unlocked and now rooted my OMC bit hairy but worked a treat .Installed titanium and uninstalled most of orange stuff.

Love my phone :) Had an original wildfire ,which was great but this is so much better :)

Now to change rom or not ??????

think i have cwm but not sure how to check does it have to be connected to pc ? does it have to be in debug?

do you run it without connection ?

Doooooh more reading required

Thanks again

:)

Guest Wacky.ddw

Hi everyone

New here and thanks to your help I have unlocked and now rooted my OMC bit hairy but worked a treat .Installed titanium and uninstalled most of orange stuff.

Love my phone :) Had an original wildfire ,which was great but this is so much better :)

Now to change rom or not ??????

think i have cwm but not sure how to check does it have to be connected to pc ? does it have to be in debug?

do you run it without connection ?

Doooooh more reading required

Thanks again

Just power of your phone and boot with "power + volume up" held :) if you get in a menu you have clockworkmod if you get a white box with the letters FTM inside you need to flash clockworkmod :)

Guest mkharding

hi

i unlocked my Monte Carlo sucessfully, but am now trying to install Clockwork Mod so that i can install a custom rom (need more program memory and wish to get rid of all the Orange bloatware..). But every time I try to follow this I run up against the same problem - my PC cannot see the drivers - its the part where you have to find the 'Android Bootloader Interface'; I can see the .imf file, but when it comes to installing it after running '0_Install_CWM_recovery' my PC cannot see it.

I have tried this on two PCs - one Vista and one XP. I have altered the .imf file as described to add the ZTE Skate info for XP.

I have put the phone into USB Debugging mode.

Before trying all of this I completely uninstalled all the software and drivers that i had used for unlocking.

I think i have tried this about 5 times now and am out of ideas? Is it really easy via Windows 7? If so, i can always ask a friend..

best regards - hope this is the right place for this query

Guest Wacky.ddw

So after you click the .bat it does not show up in device manager? You have to install the handset drivers, then click the bat when the screen is saying waiting for device you have to install the other driver. If this does not work try doing it on a different pc.

Its a little easyer on a win 7 pc, but normally it should also work on a xp pc... Only vista should be a problem because it sucks :P

Guest mkharding

So after you click the .bat it does not show up in device manager? You have to install the handset drivers, then click the bat when the screen is saying waiting for device you have to install the other driver. If this does not work try doing it on a different pc.

Its a little easyer on a win 7 pc, but normally it should also work on a xp pc... Only vista should be a problem because it sucks :P

hi, yes, i installed the standard driver, clicked on the .bat, the device manager displays '?Andoid' so i instruct it to install the other driver, navigate to the folder where i saved and expanded that to.... but it can't see it. I can find it in explorer but not when trying to update the driver after clicking the .bat file.

Guest Wacky.ddw
hi, yes, i installed the standard driver, clicked on the .bat, the device manager displays '?Andoid' so i instruct it to install the other driver, navigate to the folder where i saved and expanded that to.... but it can't see it. I can find it in explorer but not when trying to update the driver after clicking the .bat file.

Weird huh.gif Can you try this on a different computer? For some reason my laptop doesnt like my phone eigter...

Guest mkharding

Weird huh.gif Can you try this on a different computer? For some reason my laptop doesnt like my phone eigter...

Yes, have already decided to try it on my friends Win 7 pc. will feed back when i have had a chance to try this, in a couple of days. thanks for the prompt replies to my posts :-)

Guest Wacky.ddw

Yes, have already decided to try it on my friends Win 7 pc. will feed back when i have had a chance to try this, in a couple of days. thanks for the prompt replies to my posts :-)

No problem, good luck and let me know how it turned out :)

followed this guide and now have cyonagen 7 installed and running a treat . Thank you so much for all the work you must do

BTW my screen goes off when i make a call now and comes back when i finish , it didnt do that on the orange stock rom :S

just need to see now how to get link2sd working and get bigger card

btw i installed CWM when i unlocked using this guide

Guest Wacky.ddw

followed this guide and now have cyonagen 7 installed and running a treat . Thank you so much for all the work you must do

BTW my screen goes off when i make a call now and comes back when i finish , it didnt do that on the orange stock rom :S

just need to see now how to get link2sd working and get bigger card

btw i installed CWM when i unlocked using this guide

http://android.modac...-tutorial-here/

Glad it worked, the fix is in the installing ROM part. I think in the new version of cyanongenmod its "settings > device settings"

Note: Sometimes after installing a ROM your screen will turn black when you try to call/recive calls, and you have to pull the battery out. There is a simple fix for this: Go to your dailer (to make calls) and type:

" *983*0# " Go to sensors and while not covering the sensor click "calibrate". On some ROMs like CyanogenMod & Atomic this will not work, they have a app built in to do that. Called ZTE settings.

Edited by Wacky.ddw

all working fine now benchmarked at 1152 since flashed was 960 before :)

P.s any one else using go launcher ex and finding dock buttons a little unresponsive ? they are fine with adw ,pity cos I like go launcher

Guest Wacky.ddw

all working fine now benchmarked at 1152 since flashed was 960 before :)

P.s any one else using go launcher ex and finding dock buttons a little unresponsive ? they are fine with adw ,pity cos I like go launcher

Nice :) The launcher in CM7 is rubish! Just download go laucher from the market, Atomic uses this launcher once you get used to it its really good!

Guest Wacky.ddw

do you recommend atomic over cyanogenmod ?

or maybe another?

Yea Atomic is my favorite, but some people have trouble installing the new version 3.d i am using 3.c now and everything is working perfectly ant the battery life and speed is amazing! The design is also really clean!

Guest Wacky.ddw

Easiest way I found was to install Clockworkmod as per tutorial.

Downloaded Superuser.zip from:- http://goo-inside.me...fgh-signed.zip.

Copied onto SDcard and installed via clockworkmod.

Worked fine on omc 2.3.4 and ZTE 2.3.5 Roms.

You mean easyest way to install super user right? since now you are saying install clockworkmod trough clockworkmod...

If you already have the drivers installed from installing clockworkmod pressing a different .bat file wouldnt be that difficult :)

Guest bloomsan

Yeah know exactly what your saying, given the issues some people have had installing stuff from a pc thought i'd give the zip method a go just to see if it worked ok - and everything was fine.