Android 4 on ZTE Racer discussion page

Guest plegdroid

Guest plegdroid

Evening all, this thread has been created to keep the android 4.0.x,

development thread free from unnecessary and unhelpful posts that are cluttering and ultimately distracting our developers from developing this rom.

Please feel free to post any questions, comments you may have here with regards to android 4 for the racer :)

Rules: before thinking of posting "this works & this don't " please read post #2. when things get fixed/changed , the items on post #2 will get amended to reflect this. it's also recommended to read the whole of the original thread so we,re not covering questions that have already been answered.

original thread here>

support our developer's by not cluttering the above thread, this is what this thread is for.

thank you for your cooperation & understanding :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest plegdroid

Here is the list of things that work:

phone boots.

haptic feedback.

back, home, menu, softkeys.

bluetooth.

wifi.

sdcard mounting.

audio.

here is the list of things that as yet will not, or require modification.

kernel touchscreen drivers.

hardware acceleration.

cursor on the screen needs to be removed (as above).

phone network,calls,texts, ect.

Edited by plegdroid

Guest gagan313

Hi, in the touchscreen version of cwm the touchscreen is super sensitive.. more sensitive than in any rom i have used?? could that kind of sensitivity be used in a actual rom??biggrin.gif

Guest equiliym

Hi, in the touchscreen version of cwm the touchscreen is super sensitive.. more sensitive than in any rom i have used?? could that kind of sensitivity be used in a actual rom??biggrin.gif

you are asking for a super sensitive touchscreen on a rom that doesnt even have proper driver.. you should ask that in a kernel dev thread or something.. i have a super sensitive kernel but in ics the screen flickers and even on cm7 i cant make it work properly even though sensitivity is perfect.. but then again, bigger issues are getting ts to work without the pointer thingy in ics which i think deadlink is working on but i dunno

Guest gagan313

you are asking for a super sensitive touchscreen on a rom that doesnt even have proper driver.. you should ask that in a kernel dev thread or something.. i have a super sensitive kernel but in ics the screen flickers and even on cm7 i cant make it work properly even though sensitivity is perfect.. but then again, bigger issues are getting ts to work without the pointer thingy in ics which i think deadlink is working on but i dunno

can you upload it please i want to try it..biggrin.gif

Guest equiliym

can you upload it please i want to try it..biggrin.gif

no because its quite incomplete.. since i used some old kernel sources without any helping from others, my kernel doesnt even support screenshots and various other stuff meaning deadlinks/vamshis kernels are far better then mine..

as for ics i might also release a testing rom in a day or two but with vamshi kernel since i base my rom on his work :) and is also better because i adb reboot and deadlinks kernel makes rom stop there until i plug out my usb cable p;

Guest Racerboy

since i used some old kernel sources without any helping from others, my kernel doesnt even support screenshots and various other stuff meaning deadlinks/vamshis kernels are far better then mine..

ya it would help if people would release newer source or .config file for the kernels (.config files i can get).......but we still have the problem of the ts driver issue that needs sorting out (top of the list for me) so dont matter what kernel we use at the moment the problem is still existing and if nobody can modify the driver then where f*cked basically

progress is very slow regards to everything else and i`m finding less and less time at the moment with christmas vastly approaching

KEYBOARD is the least of our problems, very easily fixed..................

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

Adb push a keyboard apk right and also is your phone a developer one as there is developer id and all in racer ics alpha zip?

i`m using a blade build as i dont have enough time nor usage to compile from source, "LatinIME.apk" is the keyboard .apk

if you have ADB correctly setup you can do it through windows:

adb push LatinIME.apk  /system/app/LatinIME.apk

@Plegdroid didnt realise it was full lol.........have deleted some now........

Edited by Racerboy

Guest equiliym

dont matter what kernel we use at the moment the problem is still existing and if nobody can modify the driver then where f*cked basically

true but im still basing it on vamshi because it boots with usb plugged in, makes life much easier for me using adb :D

im not sure about blades build but my mms apk is very buggy, it fc after second letter.. and i dont think its my error since i didnt change anything there, must be the original code D:

also yeah, keyboard is not an issue, easy fix but that can wait :P

got sick tho, just woke up to take meds and going back to bed, will check some stuff tomorrow <3

Edited by equiliym

Guest Racerboy

true but im still basing it on vamshi because it boots with usb plugged in, makes life much easier for me using adb :D

im not sure about blades build but my mms apk is very buggy, it fc after second letter.. and i dont think its my error since i didnt change anything there, must be the original code D:

also yeah, keyboard is not an issue, easy fix but that can wait :P

have you built from source ?

Guest equiliym

have you built from source ?

yes, it took me few hours because my ram died last week so now everything works slow >.< ill try recompile another one but i think ill end up using blade build too this time.. they made more progress then i did anyhow :o

i also compiled a mdpi framework/apps but its not much of a difference as far as i noticed :o

Guest Racerboy

yes, it took me few hours because my ram died last week so now everything works slow >.< ill try recompile another one but i think ill end up using blade build too this time.. they made more progress then i did anyhow :o

i also compiled a mdpi framework/apps but its not much of a difference as far as i noticed :o

we need to get the network working too, for blade users this works with the build i`m working on but not for me, so i`m thinking the libril.so needs changing maybe, i maybe wrong

Guest equiliym

we need to get the network working too, for blade users this works with the build i`m working on but not for me, so i`m thinking the libril.so needs changing maybe, i maybe wrong

hmm, ill take a look at that, i still dont have network working, i saw you posted it works so i didnt bother :o

edit: nvm i misread that >.>

ill drop you a msg about something

edit2: i wonder why the chinese dont mention ics, if they did, we would have probably gotten a working build a month ago xD

Edited by equiliym

Guest gagan313

no because its quite incomplete.. since i used some old kernel sources without any helping from others, my kernel doesnt even support screenshots and various other stuff meaning deadlinks/vamshis kernels are far better then mine..

as for ics i might also release a testing rom in a day or two but with vamshi kernel since i base my rom on his work :) and is also better because i adb reboot and deadlinks kernel makes rom stop there until i plug out my usb cable p;

oh ok then

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Racerboy

progress update, christmas has been and gone now, Vamshi has given us a nice christmas present in presenting us with the new revised kernel 2.6.32.9........hopefully soon we will have kernel modified for ICS (fingers crossed and no promises) then we can navigate around the rom alot easier without the annoying cursor on screen, after that we will still need to change some propriortory files just like in cm7 to refine and give more function, slowly but surely...............