Android 4 on ZTE Racer discussion page

Guest plegdroid

Guest SoftStoner
progress update, christmas has been and gone now, Vamshi has given us a nice christmas present in presenting us with the new revised kernel 2.6.32.9........hopefully soon we will have kernel modified for ICS (fingers crossed and no promises) then we can navigate around the rom alot easier without the annoying cursor on screen, after that we will still need to change some propriortory files just like in cm7 to refine and give more function, slowly but surely...............

Well, being the same SoC, the Blade guys have it mostly working, except for the video decoder (which is still a major show stopper, for me, at least). Damn those closed source libraries and undocumented hardware... :(

Guest equiliym

Well, being the same SoC, the Blade guys have it mostly working, except for the video decoder (which is still a major show stopper, for me, at least). Damn those closed source libraries and undocumented hardware... :(

im currently having a project for my own homelang community so im not really working on ics.. although i did compile a new rom but it aint really aosp, i cloned CM9 4.0.3 sources and compiled from that, working quite well tbh, yes i do have cursor and half of stuff doesnt work but still works somewhat and i find myself satisfied with it.. tho with recent things happening here with one of the users which Racerboy knows about, i dunno if i will do any dev related stuff and post roms or whatever

• 4 weeks later...
Guest adil29s

im currently having a project for my own homelang community so im not really working on ics.. although i did compile a new rom but it aint really aosp, i cloned CM9 4.0.3 sources and compiled from that, working quite well tbh, yes i do have cursor and half of stuff doesnt work but still works somewhat and i find myself satisfied with it.. tho with recent things happening here with one of the users which Racerboy knows about, i dunno if i will do any dev related stuff and post roms or whatever

When Is ICS Releasing iam waiting for 4 months now plz ,plz make it your number 1 priority plz racerboy!

Guest Racerboy

at the moment i have no working phone, plegdroid has got me a replacement, i should be working on roms early next week......i will release a few roms that i was in the middle of porting 1st then i`ll continue with ICS, i know lots of other phones have very good useable versions of ICS working very nicely already from AOSP or from Cyanogen beta`s..........if you read the thread for ICS dev you`ll find a reason why work kinda stopped anyway.........kernel needs updating for ICS.........

Guest adil29s

at the moment i have no working phone, plegdroid has got me a replacement, i should be working on roms early next week......i will release a few roms that i was in the middle of porting 1st then i`ll continue with ICS, i know lots of other phones have very good useable versions of ICS working very nicely already from AOSP or from Cyanogen beta`s..........if you read the thread for ICS dev you`ll find a reason why work kinda stopped anyway.........kernel needs updating for ICS.........

ohk but plz try to finish ics before others plz your site will hit many users and its a better scheame! plz release it asap! iam dying for it plz plz..... Make it your next rom to relase plz plz plz....:)

Guest equiliym

ohk but plz try to finish ics before others plz your site will hit many users and its a better scheame! plz release it asap! iam dying for it plz plz..... Make it your next rom to relase plz plz plz....:)

i think i speak in the name of all when i say: that will not happen :D at least not any time soon

• 2 weeks later...
Guest equiliym

i think we are slacking, the guys at blades forum already have ics and cm9 + cm9 patched with micodes sources and we still have circle cursor.. that aint right

Guest plegdroid

i think we are slacking, the guys at blades forum already have ics and cm9 + cm9 patched with micodes sources and we still have circle cursor.. that aint right

May be worth asking tilal to have a crack at it, he's the skate dev who's ported the blade version, and is going to port for the crescent.

Edit, miui4 also on a arm 6 device.

Edited by plegdroid

Guest equiliym

yes but we still lack a kernel that can run ics properly.. and i know i get annoyed by the cursor thingy whenever i try to do something related ics and just drop it because i open random apps/options 50 times before i manage to scroll in menu

btw i was also working on miui from micodes github, got it compiled on 2.3 but lots of FCs :P but lockscreens are awesome anyway :D

Edited by equiliym

Guest tilal6991

yes but we still lack a kernel that can run ics properly.. and i know i get annoyed by the cursor thingy whenever i try to do something related ics and just drop it because i open random apps/options 50 times before i manage to scroll in menu

btw i was also working on miui from micodes github, got it compiled on 2.3 but lots of FCs :P but lockscreens are awesome anyway :D

I don't think the cursor is a kernel problem. I had it initially on the skate as well. If you post a logcat I can tell you exactly how to fix it.

Guest equiliym

I don't think the cursor is a kernel problem. I had it initially on the skate as well. If you post a logcat I can tell you exactly how to fix it.

thats odd.. we tried multiple idc configs on aosp 4.0.1 build but couldnt remove it.. and there were big talks about our msm_ts needed to be edited for that cursor to be removed :o

sure, ill check wheres my last ics rom that booted and will post logcat, thanks

Guest equiliym

ok i just noticed my last buid is 4.0.1 alpha that doesnt even have ril working.. i think racerboy has a better/newer build since my hdd failed twice when i we were compiling ics but HERE is logcat anyway.. and HERE is msm_touchscreen.idc file we used

Guest equiliym

ill check if racerboy have a better build, i know he spoke about having ril working, my build sucks.. but thats pretty much all log since powering till opening home screen with cursor thing

Guest Racerboy

@tilal6991 your help on this issue would be great thx, regards the cursor on-screen, we tried the first releases of the blade ics awhile ago and used the .idc files from the changes t0mmi3b used but to no effect on the asummption that our kernel (2.6.3.29) needed modifying/recompiling too (msm_ts_racer)......i dont know where to start with it, so for me project has been dropped for the time being and i`ve not got any new builds to do a logcat for you............any suggestions would be appreciated thx