Android 4 on ZTE Racer discussion page

Guest plegdroid

Guest equiliym

It works but the touchscreen driver needs updating since u cant really use the touchscreen with the damn cursor thingy..

no it doesnt lol, it just boots.. no touchscreen, no wifi, no bt, no audio, no ril/phone signal, cant send messages/call, half apk missing.. it doesnt work :P and also is a 4.0.1 alpha

Guest massacre^

so what's the issue actually regarding the cursor thing? we need a new kernel or touchscreen drivers? i tried google and there are many threads about this problem but the dev's did'nt post how they fixed it :( I m praying for a working ics within this year lol.

Guest equiliym

well i really dont know.. it might be msm_ts issue in kernel.. but then again it might be related to libinput or something.. not even sure if input is related to touchscreen anymore, long time since i checked the sources and i dont have them anymore

Guest woden woo

well i really dont know.. it might be msm_ts issue in kernel.. but then again it might be related to libinput or something.. not even sure if input is related to touchscreen anymore, long time since i checked the sources and i dont have them anymore

---------------------------

thanks for you! need you pay more time on it,,加油~

Guest plegdroid

I do know it's got an option to turn off, from within developer options in system settings while in cm9, if that helps .:)

Guest plegdroid

I do know it's got an option to turn off, from within developer options in system settings while in cm9, if that helps .:)

systemui?

Guest equiliym

systemui?

im currently having a diff project that i will post today/tomorrow but i will check this.. or if anyone have that bootable ics, you can decompile systemui with apktool and check bools

Guest plegdroid

im currently having a diff project that i will post today/tomorrow but i will check this.. or if anyone have that bootable ics, you can decompile systemui with apktool and check bools

me thinking, it comes with a off switch in settings, if pre set to an off value pre flash, it just would not be there.

Guest massacre^

i do have a bootable ics :lol: but its way too old i l try to check the systemui..

EDIT : Pls ignore this it's the hero port damn :( just a bit too much eager to help

Edited by massacre^

Guest equiliym

i do have a bootable ics :lol: but its way too old i l try to check the systemui..

EDIT : Pls ignore this it's the hero port damn :( just a bit too much eager to help

well, racerboy ported something from blade, i dont have that, you could ask him to check it if he isnt busy :P

• 3 months later...
Guest N1tr0g3n

Developers, I am sorry to trouble you, but I'd be happy if you would assist me with this issue, I am trying to port a ROM for Racer (ICS) from a Blade one, during bootup i do adb logcat to see how its going, but all i get is Netd 1.0 starting and that continues forever, why?

Guest equiliym

Developers, I am sorry to trouble you, but I'd be happy if you would assist me with this issue, I am trying to port a ROM for Racer (ICS) from a Blade one, during bootup i do adb logcat to see how its going, but all i get is Netd 1.0 starting and that continues forever, why?

obviously you need a different /bin/netd binary file, try using prebuilt one from different rom /racer/

Guest N1tr0g3n

obviously you need a different /bin/netd binary file, try using prebuilt one from different rom /racer/

Nope, that didnt help too :(

Guest N1tr0g3n

What ROM do you guys use as a base, stock one? With all the others i tried, it didnt get past the android logo, now with stock it is just stuck at splash image. Even adb doesn't see it.

Guest FezzFest

equiliym, can you push your current device tree to github or upload it somewhere? I don't have much time for the moment, but I'll see what I can do.

As far as I know, we definitely need a more recent kernel. I'd sync CM9, lots more performance options than AOSP 4.0.4.

Edited by FezzFest

Guest equiliym

equiliym, can you push your current device tree to github or upload it somewhere? I don't have much time for the moment, but I'll see what I can do.

As far as I know, we definitely need a more recent kernel. I'd sync CM9, lots more performance options than AOSP 4.0.4.

i dont think thats really needed, i downloaded ics4blade from tom's github so you can download it straight from there since the files are similar somewhat.. as for needed files for building i used cm7 from deadlinks github since he has racer files, i tried to compare and edit so i can properly build ics files based on gb from deadlink but failed badly.. as for kernel, we also have deadlinks source that he edited from tom giordano with added racer /msm7627 mooncake/ files.. vamshi never released his for some odd reason which im favoring but thats just me..

edit: also sorry for not uploading what i already made everyone, i think wooly deleted my account or just raceroms is glitching again so i cant login :( but the rom doesnt work anyway so you aren't missing much

Edited by equiliym

Guest FezzFest

i dont think thats really needed, i downloaded ics4blade from tom's github so you can download it straight from there since the files are similar somewhat.. as for needed files for building i used cm7 from deadlinks github since he has racer files, i tried to compare and edit so i can properly build ics files based on gb from deadlink but failed badly.. as for kernel, we also have deadlinks source that he edited from tom giordano with added racer /msm7627 mooncake/ files.. vamshi never released his for some odd reason which im favoring but thats just me..

edit: also sorry for not uploading what i already made everyone, i think wooly deleted my account or just raceroms is glitching again so i cant login but the rom doesnt work anyway so you aren't missing much

I already checked both TomG's and deadlinks github. The Qualcomm MSM GPU drivers require genlock, which is not available in the 2.6.32.9 kernel. If we ever want hardware acceleration in ICS to work, we'll have to port the 2.6.35.7 kernel.

Edited by FezzFest