• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Android 4 on ZTE Racer discussion page

93 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I already checked both TomG's and deadlinks github. The Qualcomm MSM GPU drivers require genlock, which is not available in the 2.6.32.9 kernel. If we ever want hardware acceleration in ICS to work, we'll have to port the 2.6.35.7 kernel.

hmm.. well i did see a screenshot of vamshi with .35.7 kernel working for racer but he never released it nor the source.. i guess i could install ndk on my box and try to compile a new kernel for racer tho i never had any success.. ill try forking something from TomG's 2.6.35 branch to edit.. there is also .35.7/.11 on t0mm13b's hub, might worth checking too.. im attaching racer config files for .32.9 if anyone wants to take a look, all help is appreciated :)

racer_kernel_files.zip

Edited by equiliym

Posted · Report post

where s ics 4.0.4 equilym :P xD

Posted (edited) · Report post

where s ics 4.0.4 equilym xD

my raceroms accout was deleted so i dont have where to upload :( project folder is just sitting there (both 4.0.3 ics and 4.0.4 cm9) waiting for wooly to reactivate my account

Edited by equiliym

Posted · Report post

my raceroms accout was deleted so i dont have where to upload :( project folder is just sitting there (both 4.0.3 ics and 4.0.4 cm9) waiting for wooly to reactivate my account

equilyum, please upload it here. BTW what works?

Posted · Report post

equilyum, please upload it here. BTW what works?

nothing works, it just boots.. i kind of said that few times, it boots, you can monitor on ddms/logcat in your sdk

Posted · Report post

What's the latest

Posted · Report post

Hey devs, I found a working ICS rom, but i think it's just a mixture of ICS and gingerbread, please look through it and maybe you'll find something useful.

Here is the link:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43678764/ics_racer.zip

Posted · Report post

Hey devs, I found a working ICS rom, but i think it's just a mixture of ICS and gingerbread, please look through it and maybe you'll find something useful.

Here is the link:

http://dl.dropbox.co...4/ics_racer.zip

If I'm not mistaken, that's the same ICS 4.0.3 alpha mod talked on this post correct? If so, is not really ICS nor a mixture of it.

Posted · Report post

If I'm not mistaken, that's the same ICS 4.0.3 alpha mod talked on this post correct? If so, is not really ICS nor a mixture of it.

i actually think thats the 4.0.1 early build from hero that boots on racer.. didnt download tho but if thats it, it boots, egl somewhat works

Posted · Report post

i actually think thats the 4.0.1 early build from hero that boots on racer.. didnt download tho but if thats it, it boots, egl somewhat works

So is somewhat usable?

Posted · Report post

So is somewhat usable?

well you can always try it to see how ics looks like on racer if nothing else

Posted · Report post

I think the main problem is the touchscreen...once it is solved it should be much more easy to solve everything else. :)

Posted · Report post

well you can always try it to see how ics looks like on racer if nothing else

For ICS looks I would prefer to install ICS-Mod5 to be honest :P this is the only phone I have so better to avoid something too untested right now hehe

Posted · Report post

Many phones have even got jelly bean but we have nothing more than GB....:(

Posted · Report post

help me....i need instaled android 4.3 in my zte racer II ..can any body help me?????????

Posted · Report post

Adroid 4.3 doesn't even exist.......

CyanogenMod stopped building cm7 few days ago, meaning cm7 is finally reaching its end of life. I will continue building cm7 until most major bugs are solved (wifi on freddo/carl, framebuffer). The only thing that stops us from going to cm9/10 is the kernel lcd related drivers, that's the reason I'm going to start development of a new kernel and hopefully we will have ics in the next few months.

Posted · Report post

build kernel 3.x ?

zte racer like LG p350

Posted · Report post

miniCM9?

miniCM10?