Android 4 on ZTE Racer discussion page

Guest plegdroid

Guest equiliym

I already checked both TomG's and deadlinks github. The Qualcomm MSM GPU drivers require genlock, which is not available in the 2.6.32.9 kernel. If we ever want hardware acceleration in ICS to work, we'll have to port the 2.6.35.7 kernel.

hmm.. well i did see a screenshot of vamshi with .35.7 kernel working for racer but he never released it nor the source.. i guess i could install ndk on my box and try to compile a new kernel for racer tho i never had any success.. ill try forking something from TomG's 2.6.35 branch to edit.. there is also .35.7/.11 on t0mm13b's hub, might worth checking too.. im attaching racer config files for .32.9 if anyone wants to take a look, all help is appreciated :)

racer_kernel_files.zip

Edited by equiliym

Guest equiliym

where s ics 4.0.4 equilym xD

my raceroms accout was deleted so i dont have where to upload :( project folder is just sitting there (both 4.0.3 ics and 4.0.4 cm9) waiting for wooly to reactivate my account

Edited by equiliym

Guest N1tr0g3n

my raceroms accout was deleted so i dont have where to upload :( project folder is just sitting there (both 4.0.3 ics and 4.0.4 cm9) waiting for wooly to reactivate my account

equilyum, please upload it here. BTW what works?

Guest equiliym

equilyum, please upload it here. BTW what works?

nothing works, it just boots.. i kind of said that few times, it boots, you can monitor on ddms/logcat in your sdk

Guest GuyOverThere

Hey devs, I found a working ICS rom, but i think it's just a mixture of ICS and gingerbread, please look through it and maybe you'll find something useful.

Here is the link:

http://dl.dropbox.co...4/ics_racer.zip

If I'm not mistaken, that's the same ICS 4.0.3 alpha mod talked on this post correct? If so, is not really ICS nor a mixture of it.

Guest equiliym

If I'm not mistaken, that's the same ICS 4.0.3 alpha mod talked on this post correct? If so, is not really ICS nor a mixture of it.

i actually think thats the 4.0.1 early build from hero that boots on racer.. didnt download tho but if thats it, it boots, egl somewhat works

Guest GuyOverThere

i actually think thats the 4.0.1 early build from hero that boots on racer.. didnt download tho but if thats it, it boots, egl somewhat works

So is somewhat usable?

Guest massacre^

I think the main problem is the touchscreen...once it is solved it should be much more easy to solve everything else. :)

Guest GuyOverThere

well you can always try it to see how ics looks like on racer if nothing else

For ICS looks I would prefer to install ICS-Mod5 to be honest :P this is the only phone I have so better to avoid something too untested right now hehe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest gbosh

Adroid 4.3 doesn't even exist.......

CyanogenMod stopped building cm7 few days ago, meaning cm7 is finally reaching its end of life. I will continue building cm7 until most major bugs are solved (wifi on freddo/carl, framebuffer). The only thing that stops us from going to cm9/10 is the kernel lcd related drivers, that's the reason I'm going to start development of a new kernel and hopefully we will have ics in the next few months.

• 6 months later...