• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Huawei Ice Cream Sandwich

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Some people may have seen that Huawei released a demo ROM of Ice Cream Sandwich for the Huawei Honor. Awesome developer Genokolar quickly ported this to the U8800Pro device and released a ROM over at XDA here

No word if a U8800 version will be developed but with this ROM and CodeAurora having full ICS and kernel for Qualcomm devices up, it cannot be too long before U8800 owners have a fully working ICS ROM. In fact several well known developers are already working on this :D

Update: U8800 port here

Posted · Report post

In fact several well known developers are already working on this :D

I see that

genocolar

tomgiordano

HCDRJacob

DZO

ret4rt

bukington

Darksage07

working on u8800 and nothing impressive came up...

Because they not working as a team.

I realy dream to help each other to get a fully working CM9 for start, and then will get MIUI etc...

Posted · Report post

Hey flibblesan, do you know how much of the ics port by oguzhan mobile is based on genokolar's port? Like what he did on his own.

Posted · Report post

This intrigues me, however, I'm not entirely sure I understand the process of getting it - let me check that I've got this right:

1. Restore U8800 to factory settings

2. Do the update to the official 2.3 version from Huawei

3. Install the Clockwork recovery v5

4. Install ICS

Is this right? Do I have to upgrade to the offical 2.3 version first?

Posted · Report post

I see that

genocolar

tomgiordano

HCDRJacob

DZO

ret4rt

bukington

Darksage07

working on u8800 and nothing impressive came up...

Because they not working as a team.

I realy dream to help each other to get a fully working CM9 for start, and then will get MIUI etc...

I am working with tomgiordano and bukington. I've tried working with dzo and genokolar and they've been impossible to work with.

Posted · Report post

I am working with tomgiordano and bukington. I've tried working with dzo and genokolar and they've been impossible to work with.

Work so far? bugs?

Anyway to help?

Posted · Report post

Keep up the good work :)